GB Election 2020: Surveys reveal PTI ahead of PPP, PML-N

Zibago

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
GB Election 2020: Surveys reveal PTI ahead of PPP, PML-N
317915_9750764_updates.jpg
Combo shows PML-N vice-president Maryam Nawaz (L), Prime Minister Imran Khan (C) and PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto addressing rallies in Gilgit Baltistan.
KARACHI: The upcoming Gilgit Baltistan Elections will be a very close contest between PTI and PPP, reveal two surveys conducted by Gallup Pakistan and Pulse Consultant, putting the ruling party ahead of PPP, whereas, PML-N was placed at the third position.
According to a news report published in The News, the surveys unveiled PM Imran Khan as the most popular leader in GB followed by Bilawal Bhutto Zardari and Nawaz Sharif. Around 30% of voters believe elections will be transparent and free of rigging.
Read more: Meet the three women contesting general polls in Gilgit-Baltistan
When asked about which political party they would vote for on 15th Nov (the Election Day), the 27% of Gallup respondents said they would vote for PTI, 24% said PPP, and 14% said PML-N.
On the other hand, 35% of Pulse Consultant respondents said they would vote for PTI, 26% said PPP and 14% said PML-N. Gallup survey shows there is a gap of only 3% between the PTI and PPP as the first choice of voters. However, in the Pulse survey, the gap between the two leading parties is 9% but the trend is the same – PTI is the first choice, PPP second and PML-N third.
However, most of the results would depend on the electoral dynamics of the Election Day and the voters turn out as who is able to assist their voters to come out and vote for them.
Read more: GB election commission issues schedule for Nov 15 polls
Most popular leader
When asked who was their favourite leader, 42% of Gallup respondents named Imran Khan, 17% said Bilawal Bhutto Zardari and 15% said it was Nawaz Sharif. Only 3% named Maryam Nawaz as the most favourite leader.
Pulse Consultant also received almost the same answer to a similar question with 41% naming Imran Khan as the most popular leader, 23% said it was Bilawal Bhutto Zardari and 16% named Nawaz Sharif as the most popular leader.
The respondents were asked which political party they would vote for if national elections were to be held today (after giving GB right to vote in Pakistan wide national elections). 35% said they would vote for PTI, 31% named PPP and 14% said they would vote for PML-N.
Read more: PTI will clean sweep Gilgit-Baltistan elections, says PM Imran Khan
Free and fair elections
The respondents were asked if the upcoming provincial election would be fair and without any rigging. As per the Pulse survey, 29% of voters believed the elections will be transparent, 51% said they could not say anything while 20% said they will not be transparent.
As per the Gallup survey, 31% said elections would be completely fair, 29% said they would be fair to some extent, 28% said they could not say anything, 7% said elections will be fair to some extent while 5% said they would not be fair at all.
Major problems
Load shedding, lack of hospitals, poor education, poor infrastructure and clean drinking water were the major problems cited by respondents of Gilgit-Baltistan in the two surveys.
Gallup survey shows that 66% of Gilgit-Baltistan locals are in favour of converting GB into a province, 28% were against it

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion IK should join the rallies in person as rest of opposition leadership is actively campaigning. The one who follows the law is the one on the loosing end.

Nanni tweetni looks high as kite, Bilo is getting fat with each passing moment and Imi bhai still handsome

Usually sitting Govt in islamabad always win election in these area including AJK

In my opinion IK should join the rallies in person as rest of opposition leadership is actively campaigning. The one who follows the law is the one on the loosing end.

just one julsa of IK would brag all the seats in PTI bucket but problem is, office holders ain't allowed to conduct political activities which I find it absurd. Free field has been given to Bilawal and Maryum where as Govt ministers/PM can't do anything as per the law. IK is damn crowd puller and can easily catch attention of undecided voters so here is where, PPP especially making inroads. Lets see.

I see PTI winning majority with PPP as runner up.
1) History shows that GB sides with the center usually
2) Surveys show IK and PTI as the most popular
3) The anti PTI/IK vote will be split between PMLN and PPP.

Usually sitting Govt in islamabad always win election in these area including AJK
The thing is this province will have 5 NA seats in the future
just one julsa of IK would brag all the seats in PTI bucket but problem is, office holders ain't allowed to conduct political activities which I find it absurd. Free field has been given to Bilawal and Maryum where as Govt ministers/PM can't do anything as per the law. IK is damn crowd puller and can easily catch attention of undecided voters so here is where, PPP especially making inroads. Lets see.
Both ppp and pmln havent fielded candidates on all seats also MWM support will really hand over shia vote bank to pti

Just like in Sindh, GB will be ruled by joint venture of PPP and PTI.

PPP has 97 seats in Sindh Assembly, that's an absolute majority and this is why they rule Sindh.

PTI cannot do anything about it.

You cannot rule Sindh without governing Karachi.

The marriage of convenience has ESTABLISHMENT as witness to the deed.

Let me know when PTi goes beyond banter and actually finds the gonads to name Zardari.

Remember PTi is making a Benazir biopic as well.

You cannot rule Sindh without governing Karachi.

The marriage of convenience has ESTABLISHMENT as witness to the deed.

Let me know when PTi goes beyond banter and actually finds the gonads to name Zardari.

Remember PTi is making a Benazir biopic as well.

Chalo bongiyan as usual

I do agree that one needs to govern Karachi to govern Sindh, but Karachi falls under Sindh and the head of the Provincial Government is Murad Ali Shah.

PTI has to respect the electoral result of Sindh and this is what the people delivered. I for one agree that Karachi should be treated as a special case, but we have seen that any change to the status of Karachi will result in massive revolt in Interior Sindh which we as a country cannot afford.

I always found BB very distasteful, but at the end of the day she as a Leader in Pakistan and was/is loved by millions of Pakistanis.

Back
Top Bottom