What's new

Gautam Adani is now the sixth richest person in the world

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
  • Adani and family’s net worth stands at a whopping $116.3 billion, as per Forbes’ Real-Time Billionaires’ list.
  • Adani Power’s stock recorded a 120% growth in one month and Adani Wilmar surged more than 87% in the same period.
  • Reliance Industries’ Mukesh Ambani continues to be the 10th richest person in the world.

Gautam Adani, the founder and chairperson of the Adani Group, is now the sixth richest person in the world. He has surpassed Oracle’s Larry Ellison and Google’s Sergey Brin and Larry Page to reach the spot.

According to Forbes’ Real-Time Billionaires list, Adani and Family’s net worth stands at a whopping $116.3 billion. This represents a change of $16 billion from last week when Adani’s net worth crossed $100 billion.

This is not the first time Adani has breached the world’s top 10 richest list, but this is the first time he has reached as high as the sixth spot.

It is important to note that with the recent net worth surge, Adani had already overtaken Reliance’s Ambani as the richest person in Asia and India as well. In February too, Adani briefly overtook Ambani and became the richest man in Asia and India.

Ambani, who is the chairperson and managing director of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), continues to be the 10th richest person in the world. The net worth of Mukesh Ambani stands at $99.5 billion, Forbes has revealed.

Bloomberg Billionaires List also ranks Ambani as the eighth richest person in the world but with a networth of $105 billion. However, the report notes Ambani is the eleventh richest person in the world, with Microsoft’s Ballmer and Oracle’ Larry Ellison taking the ninth and tenth spot, respectively.

Elon Musk, founder of SpaceX and chief executive officer (CEO) of Tesla, is the richest person in the world, followed by Amazon’s founder Jeff Bezos. The list also includes Louis Vuitton group’s Bernard Arnault, Microsoft’s Bill Gates, Berkshire Hathaway’s Warren Buffet, Google’s Larry Page and Serge Brin, and Oracle’s founder Ellison.

FINAL-IMAGE-f23eebe0-fecd-4ccd-9802-bd90824e2e1a-0.jpg

Baniays getting rich , what's new here ?
Go ask the baniya to donate to your public living hand to mouth existence
don't be a hater man. its an achievement itself.
getting rich is not simple, staying rich is hard and continue to getting richer is even harder.
world is full of people who lost it all because they couldn't manage it.

Sold my stocks when it was peak high. Now its dropping, will buy the dip

I want to buy Nvidia more, suggest to me some good stocks and some good platforms
With the way i am trading its mostly guess work. And watching news. It works sometimes. Adani power gave me about 80k in profit in 4 months. But i lost many others. I may not be the best person

I want to buy Nvidia more, suggest to me some good stocks and some good platforms
Intel is not a bad bet for the long run. I expect the Chinese to attack Taiwan in the next decade. Regardless of this expectation coming to pass, many western companies would like to diversify their semiconductor dependency away from East Asia. Semiconductor fabrication is a low margin high cost/risk industry that not many major players will want to invest, but Intel is trying to do this. So I wonder if it is just enough niche to bet on it for the long term horizon 🤔

It is strange that only Indians love to boast about Indian billionaires. You don't see Americans boast about Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Warren Buffett, and other top billionaires. Indians must have an inferiority complex.

It is strange that only Indians love to boast about Indian billionaires. You don't see Americans boast about Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Warren Buffett, and other top billionaires. Indians must have an inferiority complex.

When Americans started the Occupy Wall Street in 2011 and said that the one percent of the millionaires and the billionaires are rich while the rest 99 percent are poor and wanted the New York Stock Exchange shut down permanently the Bombay Stock Exchange and the Delhi Stock Exchange were not shut down for a minute let alone permanently. Most Indian people are not the revolutionary type, unfortunately. In Bombay, Adani's chum Mukesh Ambani lives in an ugly 27-storey two-billon-dollar "home" while 42 percent of Bombay lives in slums. And yet the supposedly educated middle class doesn't revolt against that contradiction / injustice.

Back
Top Bottom