What's new

Gates apologizes for Afghan-Pakistani border incident

WAQAS119

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Gates apologizes for Afghan-Pakistani border incident

By the CNN Wire Staff
October 20, 2010 -- Updated 1638 GMT (0038 HKT)

Washington (CNN) -- Defense Secretary Robert Gates apologized to a Pakistani general Wednesday for the recent deaths of Pakistani border guards in a U.S. helicopter strike, a Pentagon spokesman said.

Pakistani Gen. Ashfaq Parvez Kayani met Wednesday morning with Gates, Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Adm. Mike Mullen, and other officials in Washington.

The deaths prompted the Pakistanis to temporarily close a crossing used by trucks that haul material to NATO-led troops from Pakistan into Afghanistan.

NATO's International Security Assistance Force said two guards died last month in a U.S. helicopter strike when the crew mistook them for insurgents and fired at them over the Afghan border in Pakistan.

Gates called the deaths "unintentional," said Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morrell.

He said the officials also discussed ways of improving military coordination along the border between Afghanistan and Pakistan, as well as the long-term relations between the United States and Pakistan.

Uncle Gates should better know about gatekeeping of their war!!

Well sorry is fine but i don't trust killing was unintentional.

I believe ISAF destroyed the man post to smuggle suicide bombers and large shipment of ammunition in to Pakistan.
otherwise i see no sane reason to ungaurd a border temporarily and forcefully.

Well sorry is fine but i don't trust killing was unintentional.

I believe ISAF destroyed the man post to smuggle suicide bombers and large shipment of ammunition in to Pakistan.
otherwise i see no sane reason to ungaurd a border temporarily and forcefully.

I completely agree with that, it was intentional, because neither are they so blind nor fool enough to attack a military post on top of a mountain just lyk that!!

Gates might be trying to ease things up as Kiyani's angry about that incident but this strategic dialogue will be fruitless i think,we will demand Nuke tech,drones and an end to Indian proxy wars against us they will reject and they'll demand immediate NW operation that we will reject.
I don't think theres anything in this dialogue than having a photo sessions with Americans.

Gates of wisdom are finally opening after having got a rare side gate opened and pretty badly so. :angel:

I think Pakistan is getting square at America now.. A good direction in Pak-US relationship. :tup:

Sorry isn't enough bcz it's not the first time and i believe that it will not be the last. They have to refund the damage and the lost of our soldiers. Damn we are a sovreign nation, it's a shame for us if they get away simply by saying sorry again this time! it means that they didn't take us seriously and do what ever they want.:angry:

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom