What's new

Gangs of Wasseypur

Try few Korean ones , Brazilian (The Elite Squad) and Swedish version of The Girl with Dragon tattoo.

Tell yourlist of British TV serial : ooking for something like Luther. Any crime based.

Also give Iranian one too.

The Swedish version is fantastic - the triology. must watch. Elite Squad is good. Korean - Frontline, My way, War or arrows. Cantonese - Eye in the Sky, Mandarin - Red cliff, a Beautiful life

British - Centurion

Mexican?? - Sin Nombre

Try few Korean ones , Brazilian (The Elite Squad) and Swedish version of The Girl with Dragon tattoo.

Tell yourlist of British TV serial : ooking for something like Luther. Any crime based.

Also give Iranian one too.

I am big fan of british comedy (not much of crime series or british mega serials.)
Sadly many of them require socio-cultural-political knowledge (you cant enjoy raju sreevastav without knowing north India).
Many of them are panel shows (have I got news for you, would I lie to you..). sketch shows (armstrong and miller), grandma's house.
I forgot names of some more, will pm you later.(one of them is detective+comedy)
The recent one iranian movie I watched was 'A separation" (I overstated when I said I am into iranian movies, but i will definitely watch more if I get chance)

The Swedish version is fantastic - the triology. must watch. Elite Squad is good. Korean - Frontline, My way, War or arrows. Cantonese - Eye in the Sky, Mandarin - Red cliff, a Beautiful life

British - Centurion

Mexican?? - Sin Nombre
Thanks...

Try - I saw the Devil and The Old Boy (Original of Zinda).

The Raid----Pure, Raw and Brutal Action

I think you should explore more in Hollywood.

Tell me your fav. genre, may be I'll recommend some.

Yesterday I had a boring 3 hour lecture so my friend made me watch Gangs of Wasseypur with him on his laptop. And holy sh-t it is freakin amazing. The raw dialogues, story and pretty much everything in the movie is perfect. This is probably the first Indian movie I have watched and it turned out to be an awesome experience.
I'm going to watch Part 2 of it now.

I've actually become a fan of bollywood now and want to watch more movies like this. Any recommendations?

For me Gangs of Wasseypur is the Best Bollywood Movie
Watched it 3 times in Multiplex and countless number of times in my laptop

@ Karachiite

You must be from Karachi?? :woot::woot:

And your liking for gangster movies is not much surprising :P

Thanks...

Try - I saw the Devil and The Old Boy (Original of Zinda).

The Raid----Pure, Raw and Brutal Action

I think you should explore more in Hollywood.

Tell me your fav. genre, may be I'll recommend some.

Hollywood - I have many favourites - Bollywood, Kollywood, Mollywood as well.

The one I quoted above are some of my more recent ones. I will watch both the movies you quoted as well.

I've actually become a fan of bollywood now and want to watch more movies like this. Any recommendations?

you might like these

Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! (2008) - IMDb

3 Idiots (2009) - IMDb

Dil Chahta Hai (2001) - IMDb
Rang De Basanti (2006) - IMDb

always check out reviews first when it comes to bollywood. otherwise you might end up wasting 3 hrs of your life

Bhaii.....Thanks a lot........Tu 100 saal jiye aur LCA ko IAF main udta hua dekhe. :D

lol. :)

Must Watch "Kahani" vidaya balan .:tup: super story.
Seriously speaking I was very skeptical about this movie and didn't expect anything. Watched it just because I didn't have any thing to watch. Turns out it was quite interesting and kept me occupied. Vidya Balan is one of those actress who can take movie to best on Solo performance.

always check out reviews first when it comes to bollywood. otherwise you might end up wasting 3 hrs of your life

lol. :)
The best advide on this thread. I would rather miss a good movie (can always watch later) than watch a bad movie. Especially if watching in a cinema hall.

Anyone watched "angoor" ? A great comedy of 1960s

Pakistani guys,

Before you plan to watch a Bollywood movie, better ask Indian posters over here. They can suggest you good movies or you might end up in idiotic movies like Ra-One. :D

Hazaar Khwaaishen Aisi---------Shiny Ahuja's last scene acting, one of the best in expressing that situation.

I think every Indian (or atleast hindi speakers) should watch this movie GoW. Its a masterpiece. We need to promote such movies rather than the usual crap that bollywood churns out.

Back
Top Bottom