What's new

Gaddafi is dead

obviously he'd get rid of the heavy equipment when he uses the tunnels.

it strikes me as imbecilic planning.

Anyone else think Gaddafi's getaway was pathetic?

He must have known he was getting isolated in Sirte. He could have taken heavy equipment and tunneled his way out somewhere instead of making a very poor attempt at escape.
His forces were wiped out by US/NATO firepower. What could he do?

However, he should have stepped down when he had time.

This entire case is a TRAGEDY.

Anyone else think Gaddafi's getaway was pathetic?

He must have known he was getting isolated in Sirte. He could have taken heavy equipment and tunneled his way out somewhere instead of making a very poor attempt at escape.

I think he knew his days were numbered....when you know that the West --with all its military might and financial resources -- gets self-embroiled into an internal matter like that --- then you know that you simply have all odds against you

when push comes to shove, Gaddafi was no saint. Nobody has a right to rule a country for 42 long years. But he was no Saddam, he was DEFINITELY no Hafiz Al-Assad. Gaddafi was one of the only leaders who pushed for an African Union and selling oil in a non dollar currency (a move which could have picked up steam fast, considering the dollar devaluations over time)

if Gaddafi really wanted to go down honourably (like Tony Montana), he would have had the golden pistol in his hand and fired every round left in the magazine until the last shot killed him. But he was an old man. He was born in Sirte and that's where he died.

he wasn't hiding in a spider hole and begging for negotiations the way Saddam was.

I knew that Gaddafi would not step foot outside of Libya. He wasn't like that.

i agree that winning the war would have been difficult though not impossible. but he could have tried to save himself in a more determined way. trying to flee in a convoy of pickup trucks from a city that was ambushed sounds very dum.

i agree that winning the war would have been difficult though not impossible. but he could have tried to save himself in a more determined way. trying to flee in a convoy of pickup trucks from a city that was ambushed sounds very dum.
He could be surrounded in any place in the city. What options did he had?

concentric rings of forces to slow the advance. make preparations months in advance. create escape routes from hideaway.

it was very poorly planned.

His plans were not poor. He did kept his enemies busy with several rings of resistance. Problem is that with US/NATO technology involved, odds were heavily stacked against him. In addition, rebels consisted of former military officers that had served Gaddafi. The rebels also understand the Libyan territory.

Libya is a very big country. However, running and hiding could have saved him for how long? Eventually you get caught, if you are a wanted man in the world.

do remember that NTC insurgents and their 'affiliates' were effectively in control of pretty much 93% of the weapons depots, the arms storage facilities and warehouses in the entire country

pro-Gaddafi forces put up a fight until the very end....but ''might is always right'' and when you are pitched against a section of your population (backed by mighty mighty NATO airpower and logistical support) you simply don't have a chance; only God Himself could save you.

His forces were wiped out by US/NATO firepower. What could he do?

However, he should have stepped down when he had time.

This entire case is a TRAGEDY.

You have it in a nutshell bro - well said.

He was not an angel and made mistakes. Which leader hasnt made mistakes. Some were big and some trivial. In the last year he should have given the chariot to the people in waiting. He obviously didnt feel his sons were capable of the leadership.
He had the chance after 43 years to resign himself but perhaps had got dellusions of invincibility.
Once Nato had got in their and started their work with the rebels he should have made his move. There was the involvement of the S.A.S. which should have raised eyebrows that this time they were not going to stop.
Guys as i said i wasnt a fan of Gaddafi but that was no way to be treated. If he has behaved immorally and committed great wrongs then does this wrong make it ok?
I have just watched the latest pictures of these rebels killing him. It is a gruesome act. They really behaved like a hungry pack of wolves. I find it distasteful that they shout religious words as they are killing him. Is this what Nato instructed their rebels when they were training them the westen way of democracy? Does this represent the new beginning in Libya? What lies in store for Libya? I fear instability and extremism surfacing.
Thank you Nato. Thank you very nuch.

Gaddafi is dead? Why? What is the reason of giving him death penalty?

Further why did they show his body? Even why did they show the body of saddam?

Bcaz when someone dies, there is always a body of the person got killed.

Now we can believe that some got killed, as they didn't throw his body into sea.

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

This is happens when you trust the Americans, never trust them
yes few years back he was very good friend of US.

God bless iran, keep it safe from international policeman.

I wish that Saudi Arabia was independent

how can they be independent when their ''independence'' from the Ottomans entailed going against the empire, only to become clients of another expansionist one? :laugh:

a strong, globally integrated economy -- and sound, assertive leadership is always good for leverage

a strong country is one where the citizens are largely productive and granted state services

my main grievence with Gaddafi is that the country Libya is so bloody rich; such a small population to look after

and yet when i saw footages of the country i was wondering why some of those areas look so run-down and broken.

of course Libya was isolated for some time, but they were still providing 2% of the worlds oil supply....that aint no joke. 2% even is a lot.

he should have invested more in his people....

if he even stepped down from power 2 years ago, people would be crying in the streets begging for him not to leave....why did things have to end up the way they did?

and why did NATO have to meddle in their internal affairs? Well we know the answer to that one.

Back
Top Bottom