What's new

G7 offered Vietnam and Indonesia $15B to drop coal. They said ‘maybe’

That's the biggest question.

Not to mention the gas and oil prices are expensive.

Btw, is this USD 15 billion free money or a loan?

I feel like Indonesia and Vietnam are falling twice then.

it is a challenging issue. but the future of the earth is at stake

Not reducing coal to zero but to an acceptable level, let’s say, 20 or 10 percent or something.

I can see a 50% reduction at this point. Anything more will lead to backlash.

China is rich. Rich people don’t need money.

Yes we have lots of coal I believe the reserves are enough for 1,000 years. But imported coal is cheaper that’s why we import coal. Same here in Germany, lots of coal too. Germany imports coal from Russia.
According to your troll partner @VCheng, China are slaves factory for western countries. You must have make a mistake...
How can China be rich? :enjoy:

A rich China is good for the world, for wealth has a way of destroying communism. :D
No... According to you, China is slave for USA. So how can China be rich? You are contradicting your words or slapping your own face. :enjoy:

Make up your mind.

No... According to you, China is slave for USA. So how can China be rich? You are contradicting your words or slapping your own face. :enjoy:

Make up your mind.

First of all, I never called China anyone's slave. Their cheap production ability will earn them lots of money, and there is nothing wrong with that at all.

Not sure why imported coal can be cheaper than Quang Ninh coal. It must be a hoax. Quang Ninh coal mines are 1 m way from the port and they are open pit. You do not even need to cover up the big hole after mining. These coal mine are hills. They level off. You can build real estate after mining.
Domestic products may cost higher because of many circumstances: difficult terrain, higher labor costs, environment issue I don’t know what other issues we have.
This offer by G7 includes loans and grants. For me the most important aspect is to get the latest technology from the G7.
Siemens new wind tower can generate 15MW.
100 of them can replace a coal power plant. And costs nothing. Because wind is free. While imported coals cost a fortune.

Back
Top Bottom