FX-05 Assault rifle

Cartridge 5.56x45mm NATO

Action Gas-operated, rotating bolt

Rate of fire 750 rounds/min

Muzzle velocity 920 m/s (3,018 ft/s)

Effective range 200–800 m sight adjustments

Feed system 30-round detachable box magazine

Sights Iron sights, also has a Picatinny railing

i think this weapon is suitable for pakistani army because it will meet the requirements of pakistans army this rifle has a effective range close to thousand m also its FX-05 is very similar to G-36 this weapen very accurate campare to any G-3 blocks the rifles accuracy will stay the same in semi automatic or automatic mode

what you think guys ?

FX-05 Xiuhcoatl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is the weapon that will help Pakistani army to win any future wars

oh plz.
its like saying "this nut and bolt will help Ferrari win all the F1 races"

This guns is not american just for your information
This gun made in Mexico also this gun is copy of west German G-36
this gun very accurate at long range In My opinion G-3 sucks G-3 in automatic mode totally uncontrolable and it has very low range only 400m FX-05 range is close to 1000m G-3 just sucks

Heh. I'm think old good AK thats all what needed. Not this american toy-guns : )

You are right :tup:
Nothing like an AK. The best thing 'MOTHER RUSSIA' gave to this world. I have used M16s, M4s ...they are nice but with AK I feel all secure as its damn loyal to its owner & is not 'demanding'. NATO arms are very demanding like there super models. :D

FX-05 Assault rifle

Cartridge 5.56x45mm NATO

i think this weapon is suitable for pakistani army because it will meet the requirements of pakistans army this rifle has a effective range close to thousand m also its FX-05 is very similar to G-36 this weapen very accurate campare to any G-3 blocks the rifles accuracy will stay the same in semi automatic or automatic mode

what you think guys ?

though a nice gun but we are not in a position to spend huge amount of money in getting new guns, speciall keeping in view that PA is very happy with its G3, they are strong, fairly accurate and among the best that can be deployed in the varying climate condition like ours! it serves us in the freezing winds of himaliyas and scorching het of Thar desert so why go for a change!
another point is of the bullete size! POF is producing G3 bullets and we should try to standardize them instead of using lots of different bullets! this standardizing is same as the PA wants to carry out with its artillery guns making 155mm the standard!

regards!

though a nice gun but we are not in a position to spend huge amount of money in getting new guns, speciall keeping in view that PA is very happy with its G3, they are strong, fairly accurate and among the best that can be deployed in the varying climate condition like ours! it serves us in the freezing winds of himaliyas and scorching het of Thar desert so why go for a change!
another point is of the bullete size! POF is producing G3 bullets and we should try to standardize them instead of using lots of different bullets! this standardizing is same as the PA wants to carry out with its artillery guns making 155mm the standard!

regards!

i appreciate what you said but i m ganna have to disagree with what you said about G-3 pakistan army is not happy with G-3 at all because it jams in cold area like Siachen Glacier where the soldiers were saying G-3 jamed lot of time and then G-3 not accurate rifle in automatic mode also in swat conflict the army having problems with G-3 so some soldiers are using ak-74 or the other ak series

Nice to see all the military based input here..:disagree:

The G3 and MG3 are both made in Pakistan under, I suspect, a licence from HK.
If that is the case it would if a weapon is to be revised along this line to look at the HK G36 and a HK MG4. Both being 5.56 x 45 NATO.

Also this does not eliminate the MG3, calibre 7.62 x 51 NATO, as such a weapon can act as a support weapon as it can be tripod mounted as well as bipod.

Besides all this depends on such overall arguments re calibre 5.56 mm, 6.x mm, 7.62mm and associated stopping power of the rounds.
A big discussion on its own.

gotta agree with the AK series,

having been in the Territorial army in the U.K we were trained with the SA-80, the amount of drills we did in stripping and cleaning the rifle, I could have done it with my eyes closed. Those that have used this rifle in combat say that you end up spending more time cleaning it than firing it. Even though it,s highly accurate, the reliability is not great.

i only regstered cause i saw this post, and i wanted to answer, the fx-05 is still not beign given to the mexican army only about 10000 of them have been produced, also the mexican dgim (military industry) wouldnt export it so it isnt an option for anyone anly for mexican armed foreces.

FX-05 Assault rifle

Cartridge 5.56x45mm NATO

what you think guys ?

Why do we have to Import such weapons when we can have "homegrown beasts like this".

Say Hello to all new POF-G3S

180794_1781080879891_1025517435_2066396_6894532_n.jpg

Obviously as a German I am prejudiced in favour of the HK G36, although it has certain problems, especially the habit of the optics steaming up at key moments. The Mexican rifle is just a copy of the original and I have heard that there are now legal issues between HK and the Mexican manufacturer about breach of patents, etc (does anyone know more about this?).

The real issue is that the G36 is the wrong caliber. There have been several recent US, UK and German studies about the performance of 5.56 mm rounds in Afghanistan and there consensus seems to be that the round is too light, too short ranged and gives unpredictable terminal effects. The British Army is now looking at returning to 7.62 mm for some of its infantry rifles and the general feeling in Western countries is that a new round between 6.5 mm and 7 mm is required. There is no doubt that the 7.62 mm x 39 AK family remains very effective at shorter ranges, but more traditional calibers like the NATO and Russian 7.62 mm (x 51 and x 54R) rounds and the old British .303" Enfield round are more effective in the countryside. The smaller rounds are better in urban environments, but this is where the AK tends to score over the 5.56 mm.

I would suggest that Pakistan is better off using AKs and G-3s until it has studied the possibility of manufacturing or acquiring an optimum caliber such as the recent 6.5 mm and 6.8 mm rounds. Don't even think about adopting a 5.56 mm rifle because you will be tied to a questionable caliber for the next 40 years. POF can certainly do better than that.

Obviously as a German I am prejudiced in favour of the HK G36, although it has certain problems, especially the habit of the optics steaming up at key moments. The Mexican rifle is just a copy of the original and I have heard that there are now legal issues between HK and the Mexican manufacturer about breach of patents, etc (does anyone know more about this?).

The real issue is that the G36 is the wrong caliber. There have been several recent US, UK and German studies about the performance of 5.56 mm rounds in Afghanistan and there consensus seems to be that the round is too light, too short ranged and gives unpredictable terminal effects. The British Army is now looking at returning to 7.62 mm for some of its infantry rifles and the general feeling in Western countries is that a new round between 6.5 mm and 7 mm is required. There is no doubt that the 7.62 mm x 39 AK family remains very effective at shorter ranges, but more traditional calibers like the NATO and Russian 7.62 mm (x 51 and x 54R) rounds and the old British .303" Enfield round are more effective in the countryside. The smaller rounds are better in urban environments, but this is where the AK tends to score over the 5.56 mm.

I would suggest that Pakistan is better off using AKs and G-3s until it has studied the possibility of manufacturing or acquiring an optimum caliber such as the recent 6.5 mm and 6.8 mm rounds. Don't even think about adopting a 5.56 mm rifle because you will be tied to a questionable caliber for the next 40 years. POF can certainly do better than that.

A great assessment indeed , The rifle above you has been made by POF and is much more like what is needed according to current needs of Pakistan Military.

We will look for better options in the future ie HK-417 but at the moment i think G3s should do just fine.

Back
Top Bottom