What's new

Future Indian Army Infantry Rifle (7.62x51)

Water Car Engineer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
PA100348.jpg

DSC_0055.JPG

IWI with Punj Llyod is offering Tavor 7 and Galil Ace

LM308MWS-1-large.jpg

img_3493.jpg

SS-LMT JV Company with Lewis Machine & Tool

car_817_l1.jpg

car_817_l4.jpg

Caracal with MKU offering CAR 817 Automatic rifle

IcCtF9x.png

UWS with Tonbo Imaging(offering sights) - UCR-Unified-Combat-Rifle

Dai0PMSUQAE1Tqa.jpg

Q4BHpRE.jpg

OFB Rifle - This one is the youngest, continually being redesigned, refined. ie New transparent, and metallic mag, new muzzle break, etc. This was made in a rush after the requirement was changed, made in a matter of months.

More rifles will pop up surely for this tender, will update.

Last edited:
PA100348.jpg

DSC_0055.JPG

IWI with Punj Llyod is offering Tavor 7 and Galil Ace

LM308MWS-1-large.jpg

img_3493.jpg

SS-LMT JV Company with Lewis Machine & Tool

car_817_l1.jpg

car_817_l4.jpg

Caracal with MKU offering CAR 817 Automatic rifle

IcCtF9x.png

UWS with Tonbo Imaging(offering sights) - UCR-Unified-Combat-Rifle

Dai0PMSUQAE1Tqa.jpg

Q4BHpRE.jpg

OFB Rifle - This one is the youngest, continually being redesigned, refinement. ie New transparent, and metallic mag, new muzzle break, etc. This was made in a rush after the requirement was changed in a matter of months.

More rifles will pop up surely for this tender, will update.
OFB's gun looks good and promising

But army won't procure it. If it comes out to be better than others then army will change the requirements again.

The army will be buying 7 lakh OFB rifles.

This tender is for a separate requirement for less than 2 lakh rifles in which even OFB will participate.

But army won't procure it. If it comes out to be better than others then army will change the requirements again.
why OFB third rate gun should be given preference over Guns by Pvt Players ? just because it will help children babus enjoy lavish life style ?

why OFB third rate gun should be given preference over Guns by Pvt Players ? just because it will help children babus enjoy lavish life style ?

I don't see any Indian pvt company participating with their own guns. Why should we give contract to foreign companies when Indian OFB AR2 is capable to fulfill army requirements? And where is OFB third rate gun, i don't see that too neither do army.

Some of the state police and paramilitary forces have procured indigenous assault rifles like Ghaatak and Trichy ARs and even the above tender to procure the best ARs is only for those posted on the front-lines while the rest of the army would get one of the indigenous AR in the long run

I don't see any Indian pvt company participating with their own guns. Why should we give contract to foreign companies when Indian OFB AR2 is capable to fulfill army requirements? And where is OFB third rate gun, i don't see that too neither do army.
And OFB is making own gun ... Right ? With full R & D. They are still making Crappy copies of AK series .

Some of the state police and paramilitary forces have procured indigenous assault rifles like Ghaatak and Trichy ARs and even the above tender to procure the best ARs is only for those posted on the front-lines while the rest of the army would get one of the indigenous AR in the long run

I think import will be of 7 lakhs while Indian rifles <1 lakh i think. Also importing AK-103 will challenge TAR.

And OFB is making own gun ... Right ? With full R & D. They are still making Crappy copies of AK series .

If Russia & IA don't care, why do you?

I think import will be of 7 lakhs while Indian rifles <1 lakh i think. Also importing AK-103 will challenge TAR.
There were no official reports regarding the confirmation of AK-103. It is just a propaganda of the defense lobbies and every country is free to do that to promote their offerings and they will try to portray the indigenous products in bad-light. There is a high probability that IA may go with Israeli ARs like the Tavor or Galil ace as almost all our special forces are equipped with Tavors and this would help IA to quickly gain ground regarding the utilization and to implement tactics with these new ARs and also to maintain commonality and uniformity among the weapons systems.

There is no way IA will import 7 lakh ARs. The number would be under 1 lakh as Jane's reported and the rest would be indigenously developed. Trichy AR has been approved by CRPF and is also being used by Chhattisgarh state police while Ghaatak is being procured by State police forces from Assam, Punjab, Manipur, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Bihar, Maharashtra, Kerala and Nagaland while many other CAPFs have shown interest in Ghaatak AR.
http://www.janes.com/article/77117/india-s-mod-approves-import-of-assault-rifles-and-carbines

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...assault-rifle-after-tests/article19937479.ece

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...fle-to-kerala-police/articleshow/56605569.cms

Kalishnov has already lodged complain and IA is certainly unhappy with crappy quality of OFB. Time to privatize these dodos.

If Russia & IA don't care, why do you?

Can anyone compare the difference of the AK's that the Russian military use versus foreign buyers?

There were no official reports regarding the confirmation of AK-103. It is just a propaganda of the defense lobbies and every country is free to do that to promote their offerings and they will try to portray the indigenous products in bad-light. There is a high probability that IA may go with Israeli ARs like the Tavor or Galil ace as almost all our special forces are equipped with Tavors and this would help IA to quickly gain ground regarding the utilization and to implement tactics with these new ARs and also to maintain commonality and uniformity among the weapons systems.

There is no way IA will import 7 lakh ARs. The number would be under 1 lakh as Jane's reported and the rest would be indigenously developed. Trichy AR has been approved by CRPF and is also being used by Chhattisgarh state police while Ghaatak is being procured by State police forces from Assam, Punjab, Manipur, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Bihar, Maharashtra, Kerala and Nagaland while many other CAPFs have shown interest in Ghaatak AR.
http://www.janes.com/article/77117/india-s-mod-approves-import-of-assault-rifles-and-carbines

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...assault-rifle-after-tests/article19937479.ece

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...fle-to-kerala-police/articleshow/56605569.cms

Those are fast track purchase, army RFI was to procure 5.5 lakhs and army is evaluating Tavor-7 acc. to some sources. AK-103 is real deal not propaganda and it will challenge TAR purchases which is based on ARM. Recently army visited Kalashnikov facility. @punit Though OFB will manufacture them.

Last edited:
my money is on future Tavor 7 with a 18 inch brrel or maybe a 22 inch barrel is better by any standards for indian infantry man

Those are fast track purchase, army RFI was to procure 5.5 lakhs and army is evaluating Tavor-7 acc. to some sources. AK-103 is real deal not propaganda and it will challenge TAR purchases which is based on ARM. Recently army visited Kalashnikov facility. @punit Though OFB will manufacture them.
god bless the glorious Indian bureaucracy !

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom