What's new

Fund Raising Status for Diamer Basha And Mohmand Dam

If it touched 1 billion $ already then one can expect up to 3 billion from this initiative ..Chief Justice with judicial over reach playing to the gallery will come down to earth when he realizes how much people he can rally for this cause ..It's pure public space , he should not compete with administration ..

You are right just the first step...

The following is the list of all the steps to be completed on Indus Basin:

Skardu Dam
Tungus Hydropower Project
Yulbo Hydropower Project
Bunji Dam
Diamer-Bhasha Dam (Being started)
Patan hydropower Project
Thakot Hydropower Project
Kalabagh Dam

Tarbela Dam Extension-5
Dasu Dam- Stage 2

Sir instead of doing copy paste do some basic home work.
Skardu not possible.
Many reason but to give you one example
Skardu/Katzara Dam will mean end of Baltistan because out of 3 Main valley 2 will sink.
That land worth 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000........... time more then land elsewhere in Pakistan because their is no other land option there.
You Can sink any major city in punjab and create 10 more cities. you can sink agriculture land and use new land through canal but no alternative of land there because its rocky mountain not like Murree or Kashmir.

You don't want those people to have Representative in Assemblies but you want to kick them out from there land. Great.

& ask army how they will support front line with that nonsense.

KB Dam should be on top of list.
1> you can drive canal
2> Water flow is more
3> Main Line 500 kva is already available.

100 rupees is expensive? Everyone has mobile phone of 2000 rupees atleast and here you are saying 100 rupees per family is expensive than here we expect they will do donation for dam.if they can recharge their mlobile for 100 they can def afford 100 per bill.

it should not be by force.

& yes it might be strange for you but its fact. many people finding it difficult to survive.

Why not end Govt. Subsidies? why not shut down or sell white elephant project.

improve your tax system.

your highly paid celebrity is not even in tax system Hint: Singer

Skardu not possible.
Skardu/Katzara Dam will mean end of Baltistan because out of 3 Main valley 2 will sink.
That land worth 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000........... time more then land elsewhere in Pakistan because their is no other land option there.
You Can sink any major city in punjab and create 10 more cities. you can sink agriculture land and use new land through canal but no alternative of land there because its rocky mountain not like Murree or Kashmir.

You don't want those people to have Representative in Assemblies but you want to kick them out from there land. Great.

1> you can drive canal
2> Water flow is more

& yes it might be strange for you but its fact. many people finding it difficult to survive.

improve your tax system.

Don't be mad.. I think this in fact refers to a smaller run of the river dam with only 1600 MW capacity which is different from the Katzara Dam which would yield 15000 MW.

A bad idea. Why people forget that most of population is not like us its not just Rs 100 your electricity is too expensive even for middle class. many peoples find it difficult to pay electric bills specially in summer.

People should voluntarily donate not by force.

& Why not end Govt. subsidies (Specially Metro) & use that money on dams.

Not just high construction cost it will also be more expensive to operate / maintain the Main Power Lines.
The cost of maintenance will be peanuts compared to the profit it is likely to yield. Imagine if enough donations are collected where we don't have to take loan... It means we can either save billions of dollars per year from fuel imports or eliminate the circular debt by reduce the overall generation cost of electricity in Pakistan.

Don't be mad.. I think this in fact refers to a smaller run of the river dam with only 1600 MW capacity which is different from the Katzara Dam which would yield 15000 MW.

Please do share that Dam info which will not end northern area.

The cost of maintenance will be peanuts compared to the profit it is likely to yield. Imagine if enough donations are collected where we don't have to take loan... It means we can either save billions of dollars per year from fuel imports or eliminate the circular debt by reduce the overall generation cost of electricity in Pakistan.
i am not against diamer. construction should have started in 2007~8.
KB is on top of list.
Because benefit is greater.
1> Canal 2> Water Flow 3> 500KVA line already available 4> Maintenance of Main line easy (Compare it with mountainous region & Harsh Winter) 4> it will also take less time.
Pakistan at the moment need to launch at least 3 Mega Dam with in short interval of time (Because project completion will take 8~10 year.)

This will only be successful if IK becomes the prime minister and urges people to donate money for the Dams. The money needed for the first phase is $ 4 Billion. Money is not needed all at once, every year $ 2-3 Billion would be needed. Government can set up separate fund for overseas Pakistanis. Also the money collected should have a live counter, once they have collected $ 4 Billion for this year they should put the campaign on hold, the way IK and his team collects money for Shaukat Khanum Cancer hospitals.

A committee should be made who should make recommendations with regards to fund collection for same. This committee should be headed by some one who has good repute among the general public. The domain of the committee should also include collection of funds in the form of grants from different organizations world wide.

If Pakistan takes this issue as a challenge, in no time they ll get over this issue and if PTI's government successfully completes Dam construction, they ll win 2023 elections too.
First give us vote right and also give us share in dam so that if something goes wrong we can kill the bugs. Donation i am not interested in and sooner and later some zardari or someone else will come and sell this dam and take all money in his bag. Make us owner of this dam and we will give you the money

Skardu not possible.

1> you can drive canal
2> Water flow is more

improve your tax system.

Simple No money NO honey.

Simple No money NO honey.

Let me explain in simple word.
You want Mansha too pay RS 100. he will not mind if you add few more zeros.
You also want poor man to pay 100 who cry ask for money or loan so he can pay electricity bill.

Not just money we need huge amount of money for dams.

Kickout assemblies who took billions of rupee and only contribution is road sewerage line in their constituency.
Kickout excessive and useless manpower of Govt. Enterprises.
Sell all white elephant project.
End subsidies on useless project
improve tax system.
Suspend nonprofit project
encourage business community to invest

The money is all there. Bloody politicians and even worse Musharraf never implemented a proper meritocracy and collection system. The operations grey / black economy in Pakistan over just one financial year are enough to fund many such dams!

Thank you for this thread

I shared these details in my whatsapp group and encouraged everyone to donate as much as possible..

I will try to contribute as much as I can so that I could say to my grand children that Bhasha dam was built with my money and I didn't invest all money in savings
Jaki , who do we donate from overseas? I was thinking maybe 300 USD for now.Will keep sending every month !

Status update
upload_2018-7-6_15-41-5.png

Bank: State Bank of Pakistan
Account Name: DIAMER BASHA AND MOHMAND DAM FUND-2018
Account No: 03-593-299999-001-4
IBAN: PK06SBPP003593299999014
Total Transactions: 5
Total Amount: Rs. 1,201,150

http://www.supremecourt.gov.pk/web/page.asp?id=2757

Most people don't know. Its the respinsibility of PDF members to share this info and SC link in each and every platform either its whatsapp groups or their facebook wall/pages.

actually ! the events of qarz muko mulk bachao is still very fresh.

Wow only 5 transaction, people are still sleeping
Bro, its SBP, they will update not very often I bet.
Im trying to figure out how to send money from usa to this campaign.
Do I need both account number and that IBAN #? Use Western Union or the local bank?
Once I can figure this out can advise some willing friends how to do it too.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom