What's new

Full sale of Javelin Missile to India: USA

Only a few days ago the Indians were chanting Hindi Chini bhai bhai. But it was a ploy until they got their weapons from Uncle Sam.

1. Raz why are u going mad?? why ur repeating same thing again and again in every post?????

2. We are not talking bhai bhai with china its just we don't want to be USA's tool against any one. We have independent policy and sovereignty not like others.

3. As far as weapon purchase is concerned its for the worst case scenario.

Bhai bana to thik hai, warna mar mar ke bhoot bana dengey.
:lol:

A couple of years ago DRDO/DRDL said they are developing a man portable version of NAG...it seems that is a failure now...

Our scientists compared Akash to Patriot missile system .... and it fails in its first tests...what an effing joke... the success rate of akash is less than 60% right now

Not all information is available on public domain.
there is NO official report which says Nag Man portable version is a failure!
Patience my friend, keep faith in our hardworking scientists,

On Akash
I do not wish to reply, just update yourself tell me how many test's known to public ended in failure..... ;)

is it a failed project ? NO SIR IT'S NOT

1 question...

india has shortage of 44000 atgm..we are buying 8000 javelins..it is reported earlier that India will buy different types of atgm..I count Nag,Helina(soon) and javelins are in order..what about others??is there any chance we'll buy Spike??

IA was Impressed by Javelin Performance n Trail's so we are going for Javelin (Most probably)
Later IA 'll mass produced Indigenous AT System's with extended range , better seeker (if possible) as a gap filler if everything goes fine.

Only a few days ago the Indians were chanting Hindi Chini bhai bhai. But it was a ploy until they got their weapons from Uncle Sam.

WTF has this to do with China ???????????????
The Army just wants to replace its old soviet AT missiles with new ones. No one ever talked about China. Buying missiles is different from allowing americans to deploy troops or whatever in India

8,000 anf 300 launchers is for sure merely an intial order-IA has a requirment for 40,000+ ATGMs so we can certainly expect follow-on orders. And as is mentioned the IA wants all infantry btns equipped with ATGMs so it is obvious 300 launchers isn't enough for 350+ Infantry btns. It has been speculated the number could go to 600 launchers.

Javelin is a capable system , but are you sure you couldn't get something equivalent from Russia that too with full ToT ?

P.S Never rely on Uncle Sam !

Javelin is a capable system , but are you sure you couldn't get something equivalent from Russia that too with full ToT ?

P.S Never rely on Uncle Sam !

We dont like to keep all our eggs in one basket..

The way India buys weapons just seems they're going to war tomorrow? now buying Javelin in big quantity is that means NAG missile is a failure project like Arjun Tank?.

do you have any idea about the NAG missile and javelin ??? javelin is a human portable ATGM,and NAG is vehicle mounted ATGM.
So that javelin could be carried easily than NAG by a solider. There is one more another difference NAG missile range is more than javelin. open your eyes clearly,and watch this video of NAG missile.

Last edited by a moderator:
What needs to come out of this is some serious investigation. There is someone, some country or some group bent on destroying relations between India and the US and stopping those relations from bearing fruit. Any ideas who stand the most to gain from such stupid reports?:azn:

WOW, this is one beast of a missile, you can destroy any tank formation with just these missiles and a few Apache's, 8k is a lot but I have a funny feeling that after the army gets their hands on these India will want more. I don't understand why there are so many Indians who are anti American. I know the past history between your two countries but that is decades ago, the USA is selling you guys some of its best weapons and tech, even some of their closest allies don;t get this.

WOW, this is one beast of a missile, you can destroy any tank formation with just these missiles and a few Apache's, 8k is a lot but I have a funny feeling that after the army gets their hands on these India will want more. I don't understand why there are so many Indians who are anti American. I know the past history between your two countries but that is decades ago, the USA is selling you guys some of its best weapons and tech, even some of their closest allies don;t get this.

Indian are not anti anyone just an argumentative breed and fussy business minds ;).

Regards

Back
Top Bottom