What's new

From Indonesia : Bye-Bye Toshiba and Panasonic !!!

Daniel808

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Panasonic & Toshiba Close Factories in Indonesia !

Toshiba Panasonic.jpg

Two major Japan-based electronics companies, Toshiba and Panasonic, have ceased all operational activities in their manufacturing plants in Indonesia.
Toshiba has already closed its television manufacturing plant in Cikarang (West Java) and sold it to China-based Skyworth late last year.
Reportedly, this was Toshiba's largest television manufacturing plant outside Japan. Meanwhile, Panasonic is to close its lighting manufacturing plants in Pasuruan (East Java) and Bekasi (West Java).

Said Iqbal, Chairman of the Confederation of Indonesian Workers Union (KSPI), said both Japanese companies have already ceased all operational activities at their local Indonesian plants. Currently, Toshiba and Panasonic are negotiating with their workers about severance payments. The decisions to close the total of three plants are estimated to result in 2,500 layoffs.

Indonesia's unemployment rate has already been on the rise amid Indonesia's economic slowdown. Based on the latest data from the nation's statistics agency, unemployment in Indonesia rose to 6.18 percent of the labor force in August 2015 (or 7.56 million people in absolute terms), from 5.81 percent (or 7.45 million people) in February. Meanwhile, Indonesia's manufacturing activity has been contracting for 16 straight months as domestic and global economic growth remains subdued, while the weaker rupiah rate made imports of raw materials more expensive.

About a month ago it was announced that Toshiba sold its local Indonesian unit Toshiba Consumer Products Indonesia (which manufactures TVs and twin-tub washing machines) to China-based Skyworth.
This agreement also gives Skyworth a license to use the Toshiba brand name throughout Asia (but excluding China). The transfer is to be completed in March 2016.

Meanwhile, Panasonic Lighting Indonesia (the local unit of Panasonic) will close its two lighting manufacturing plants in Indonesia. The company, which has been in Indonesia since the 1990s, was originally established to manufacture lamps for the Japanese market. Ali Soebroto Oentaryo, Chairman of the Indonesian Electronics Association (Gabel), said the company's competitive advantage declined as it failed to engage in innovation. He expects that these factories will be sold to Chinese investors too as the world's second-largest economy is currently the leading lighting manufacturer. This move would only require some re-branding.

http://www.indonesia-investments.co...toshiba-close-factories-in-indonesia/item6455

The Sunset has already come to Toshiba and Panasonic? :tsk:

@AndrewJin @ahojunk @powastick @TaiShang @Shotgunner51 @Chinese Bamboo @cirr @oprih @onebyone @Nan Yang @yusheng @senheiser @vostok @Arryn @beijingwalker @Economic superpower @j20blackdragon @hexagonsnow @Jlaw @Place Of Space @FairAndUnbiased @Raphael @Dungeness @Edison Chen @cnleio @Kyle Sun @dy1022 @Beast @sweetgrape @Martian2 @Genesis @ahtan_china @Hu Songshan @GS Zhou @utp45 @Makarena @Brainsucker @Nihonjin1051 , and et al.

Last edited:
Sad to hear the legends are not doing ok...:(

Japanese Consumer Electronic Companies is in Big Trouble for sure :frown:

Ford Toshiba and panasonic

From what I heard, there is a company again from Consumer Electronic too, to close their Factory in Karawang Industrial Complex this year.
I don't know what company is it.

Toshiba To Sell Its TV Plant In Indonesia To China-based Skyworth.

12/21/2015 4:57 AM ET

Toshiba Corp said it has reached an agreement with China-based Skyworth on the sale of PT Toshiba Consumer Products Indonesia, the company's manufacturing base for TVs and twin-tub washing machines.

The sales price is estimated to be $25 million, or 3 billion yen. The company plans to complete the sales by 2016.

The agreement will give Skyworth a license to use the Toshiba brand name in Asia, excluding China.

At the same time as the company transfers the TV manufacturing plant, it will close down the washing machines manufacturing unit located on the same site, and sell the land and the production facilities.

by RTT Staff Writer

http://www.rttnews.com/2593397/tosh...ant-in-indonesia-to-china-based-skyworth.aspx

One Going down, and One Rising. :coffee:
The Law of Nature

Known in Indonesia as Coocaa LED TV.
Skyworth 7.jpg

Skyworth 8.jpg

Skyworth LED TV
Skyworth 1.jpg

Skyworth 3.jpg

Skyworth 5.jpg

Skyworth 6.jpg

Nice LED TV, I must say.

This is very sad for the workers in Indonesia.

For a country to be competitive, the cost of labor is only one factor in the overall scheme of things.

Yes, this is sad news.
But, 60% of Toshiba Employee will still work under New Flag, Hong Kong Skyworth Digital Holdings Co., Ltd.

Just Hope in the Future,
Many Rising Electronic Consumer Companies, Especially from China and South Korea will open New Production Plant in here, Indonesia.
Indonesia have Big Market for them.

Ford Toshiba and panasonic

Ford never made cars in Indinesia. They just closed dealerships since import cars are more expensive than domestic.

As for the Japanese consumer electronics giants. Well they were basically killed by the computer and iPods/phones.

As I have stated before they used to make a ton of money off of people building stereo stacks (speakers, equalizers, tape decks, receivers, 12 disc CD players, etc). Now almost everybody uses a smartphone with mp3s or their computer. How many people spend $500 for a receiver these days?

... Time is changed, my friends ... it's always changing, even BYD has the chance in China to become next Toyota, within next two years BYD will become new Top500 company in the world.
64611634.jpg

Last edited:
my friend has COOCAA TV

thosiba and panasonic was so famous during the old time

Usual pro China agenda from the OP why not made a news about failed Chinese efforts to penetrate Indonesian automotive industries? The closure of one or two factories is always happened every year in the middle of tight competition in electronic industries.

Panasonic still operating in Indonesia they just made some restructuritation in their lamps factories, other division is still going on as usual. Toshiba is lost cause, they had lose the competition elsewhere same with Sony.

And the article had negative tone too much. Indonesian manufacturing output is indeed contracted, its happened because largely the dismal performance in mines and oil/gas related industries because lack of demands for commodities products amid global economic slowdown. Meanwhile service, electronic, and automotive sector is continued to growth although at slower pace.

... Time is changed, my friends ... it's always changing, even BYD has the chance in China to become next Toyota, within next two years BYD will become new Top500 company in the world.
View attachment 291676

Yes, the World is Changing.
Nice to be Born in this Era

Hope Chinese Automobile companies Expand their Influence too in Indonesia, and Build Factory Plant in here.
They have Nice Quality and Good Price too.
Nice to see Chinese Car Companies expanding in Russia, Africa countries, Cuba, and Latin America Countries.

my friend has COOCAA TV

thosiba and panasonic was so famous during the old time

My friend too, he said Coocaa LED TV is Good, very Recommended.

I remember in 90s and 2000s, my Home is Full of Electronics from Japanese Brand.
But, Right know there is none of them, just South Korean and Chinese Brand. :coffee:

Usual pro China agenda from the OP why not made a news about failed Chinese efforts to penetrate Indonesian automotive industries? The closure of one or two factories is always happened every year in the middle of tight competition in electronic industries.

Panasonic still operating in Indonesia they just made some restructuritation in their lamps factories, other division is still going on as usual. Toshiba is lost cause, they had lose the competition elsewhere same with Sony.

And the article had negative tone too much. Indonesian manufacturing output is indeed contracted, its happened because largely the dismal performance in mines and oil/gas related industries because lack of demands for commodities products amid global economic slowdown. Meanwhile service, electronic, and automotive sector is continued to growth although at slower pace.

The OP tone is as if Toshiba is going busted by closing down factory in Indonesia, but quite contrary, they are growing quite well. In fact, they closed the Indonesia factory to open new one in Thailand...

In fact, I think it's pure Indonesian lost...

Back
Top Bottom