What's new

From Indonesia : Bye-Bye Toshiba and Panasonic !!!

Yeah, Growing Quite well, Very very Well Until must Manipulate their Profits report . :coffee:

Overstated their own Profits Report until $1,2 Billion USD :o:
Wow, That's really a Huge Number.

2015 is a Nice Year for TCL LED :partay:

Samsung is still on the Top.
Congrats for South Korea @sEoulman556 :cheers:

So, by quoting a news that nearly a year ago mean something?

Then this must be true too.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/freeexchange/2015/07/chinese-economy

Anyway, yeah, as you say, it make MUCH sense that Toshiba is finished once they were finished in Indonesia, Indonesia is a do or die situation for Toshiba, and which they lost. Well, if you choose to believe these crap.

I hope some of Japanese staff will remain on their job for a period of time. Chinese still have something to learn from their Japanese counterpart when it comes to quality control and work culture.

From Indonesian News, 60% Toshiba Ex-Employee will still work under New Flag, Hong Kong Skyworth Digital Holdings Co., Ltd. and Another 40% is still in Negotiation Process. :D

“Kami terus berproduksi, Toshiba hanya diakuisisi Skyworth asal China. Pemutusan tenaga kerja memang ada, sekitar 60% pegawai lanjut kerja di bawah bendera baru dan 40% masih proses negosiasi,” ujarnya kepada Bisnis/JIBI, Rabu (3/2/2016).
INVESTASI INDONESIA : Ternyata Toshiba Tidak Tutup, Tapi Diakuisisi Skyworth Tiongkok -News » SOLOPOS.COM

Panasonic is also closing one of its plants in Beijing,affecting the livelihood of hundreds of workers。

Bye Bye Panasonic。:D:D

In China too? o_O
From China : Bye Bye Panasonic :D

So, by quoting a news that nearly a year ago mean something?

If we Relate it to your Previous Post,
YES, it Mean Something ! :coffee:
Toshiba in serious trouble as CEO quits over $1.2 billion accounting scandal - Pocket-lint

The OP tone is as if Toshiba is going busted by closing down factory in Indonesia, but quite contrary, they are growing quite well. In fact, they closed the Indonesia factory to open new one in Thailand...

In fact, I think it's pure Indonesian lost...

From Indonesian News, 60% Toshiba Ex-Employee will still work under New Flag, Hong Kong Skyworth Digital Holdings Co., Ltd. and Another 40% is still in Negotiation Process. :D

In China too? o_O
From China : Bye Bye Panasonic :D

If we Relate it to your Previous Post,
YES, it Mean Something ! :coffee:
Toshiba in serious trouble as CEO quits over $1.2 billion accounting scandal - Pocket-lint

Do you even know how much Toshiba actually earn and how big (ie how much asset, equity and revenue) Toshiba in the last year?

If you don't know, then NO, the NEWS DOES NOT MATTER.

Last edited by a moderator:
The OP tone is as if Toshiba is going busted by closing down factory in Indonesia, but quite contrary, they are growing quite well. In fact, they closed the Indonesia factory to open new one in Thailand...

In fact, I think it's pure Indonesian lost...

Actually Toshiba Indonesia branch had been beaten badly by the Koreans LG and Samsung factories here. Toshiba is hardly innovative and their products is quite oldies for Indonesian young middle class segment market. And it's quite understandable if they chose to retreat from Indonesian market and make consolidation in Thailand trying to penetrate Myanmar, Vietnam and Cambodia market there. Well, Indonesia is not loosing at all, as Toshiba chosen to sell their factory to the Chinese company, and if the Chinese is not taking the offer, i read somewhere the Government Investment Board actually will facilitating those factories to be sold for Indonesian owned Electronic companies. After all it's about competition.

Actually Toshiba Indonesia branch had been beaten badly by the Koreans LG and Samsung factories here. Toshiba is hardly innovative and their products is quite oldies for Indonesian young middle class segment market. And it's quite understandable if they chose to retreat from Indonesian market and make consolidation in Thailand trying to penetrate Myanmar, Vietnam and Cambodia market there. Well, Indonesia is not loosing at all, as Toshiba chosen to sell their factory to the Chinese company, and if the Chinese is not taking the offer, i read somewhere the Government Investment Board actually will facilitating those factories to be sold for Indonesian owned Electronic companies. After all it's about competition.

Well, problem is, Toshiba is not doing any R&D in Indonesia, almost all their R&D were done in China, Japan and the US. The plant the Indonesia is closing is their Manufacture plant which only fair when they weren't selling as much TV then they used to be.

Another problem is that, is not geared nor designed to go head to head with LG and Samsung, both of them are expert in small electronic appliance or white goods, while Toshiba are more geared toward Computer and Electronic. This move is the restructuring move the Toshiba CEO have been talking about for quite some time. They need to move their production line for a cheaper and more vibrant alternative, and also trimming the work force and more focus into R&D on their Computer and Electronic division, other than diversing their own.

The end result is the close down of Indonesia plant, and the 2500 worker being sack, even 60% of the employee were retained by the new owner of the plants. For Toshiba, it's business as usual, hence the only thing changes is the sacking of Indonesian worker. Could the Chinese pick up the slack? only time will tell, but for Toshiba and Panasonic, they simply move onto another market.

LG factory in Indonesia that might become the reasons. LG product made in Indonesia is quite good, My Air Conditioner is LG made in Indonesia. Still in good operation since 2009... :partay:

Just several days ago I went to my cousin home and see her new LG TV, good quality and cheap, HD as well.

Our investment realization is much higher than previous year though, despite economic slow down. So we still have competitive advantage.

I think, Samsung is the one, who badly them very hard in Indonesian Market.
Skyworth Known as Coocaa in Indonesia Market is Rising too.

First I see the News, Toshiba will close their Plant in Indonesia.
I am Afraid about thousands of their employee fate and their family.
But, I am Really Glad after I know their ex-employee will still Work under New Flag, China Skyworth.

Well, problem is, Toshiba is not doing any R&D in Indonesia, almost all their R&D were done in China, Japan and the US. The plant the Indonesia is closing is their Manufacture plant which only fair when they weren't selling as much TV then they used to be.

Another problem is that, is not geared nor designed to go head to head with LG and Samsung, both of them are expert in small electronic appliance or white goods, while Toshiba are more geared toward Computer and Electronic. This move is the restructuring move the Toshiba CEO have been talking about for quite some time. They need to move their production line for a cheaper and more vibrant alternative, and also trimming the work force and more focus into R&D on their Computer and Electronic division, other than diversing their own.

The end result is the close down of Indonesia plant, and the 2500 worker being sack, even 60% of the employee were retained by the new owner of the plants. For Toshiba, it's business as usual, hence the only thing changes is the sacking of Indonesian worker. Could the Chinese pick up the slack? only time will tell, but for Toshiba and Panasonic, they simply move onto another market.

well the circle is going as usual, in the past it was Japanese who giving punch against European consumer electronic manufacturer in Indonesia like Phillips co and other, right now they are being badly beaten by the Koreans and right now the Chinese is starting to emerging....

@Daniel808

upload_2016-2-5_11-9-26.png

Look at the business segment
upload_2016-2-5_11-13-41.png

Their only segment that is showing an increase in revenue is the community solutions which is community solutions.

upload_2016-2-5_11-15-12.png

@Daniel808

View attachment 291944

Look at the business segment
View attachment 291948
Their only segment that is showing an increase in revenue is the community solutions which is community solutions.

View attachment 291949

Thanks very much for the Pictures, bro @Jlaw

I don't know Toshiba Loss almost 230 Billion Yen, just in First Nine Months of 2015.
That's Huge ! Not Good for their Future. :tsk:
That's why, they close their Plant in Indonesia and their R&D Center in Taiwan.

I think in the Future, Toshiba will also Sell their PC Business Division too. Just like Sony in 2014, sold their PC Business Divison. :sick:

Thanks very much for the Pictures, bro @Jlaw

I don't know Toshiba Loss almost 230 Billion Yen, just in First Nine Months of 2015.
That's Huge ! Not Good for their Future. :tsk:
That's why, they close their Plant in Indonesia and their R&D Center in Taiwan.

I think in the Future, Toshiba will also Sell their PC Business Division too. Just like Sony in 2014, sold their PC Business Divison. :sick:

Their bottom line lost was $479b yen for first 9 months. A lot of moola.

Just a lot of competition from SK and China in the consumers electronics segment.

Their bottom line lost was $479b yen for first 9 months. A lot of moola.

Just a lot of competition from SK and China in the consumers electronics segment.

OMG, 479 Billion Yen for first 9 months? :o:

I just found the news, that Forecast in FY 2015, Toshiba will have Loss 710 Billion Yen ($ 6 Billion USD) a record in 35 year.
And their Shares fell as much as 14 Percent, headed toward the lowest close since December 1979, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. :sick:

The Tide is Changing .

In the meantime Panasonic & Sony still attend the TV market againts Samsung, LG in the future promissing technology: OLED

OLED Competition

Display Panel Manufacturers to Make Huge Investment in OLED Facilities

Highly-flexible%20OLED%20electrode.jpg

SEOUL, KOREA
25 January 2016 - 10:45am
Cho Jin-young

Market research firm HIS expects the OLED panel market will grow to US$29.1 in 2022 from US$8.7 in 2014. According to the display industry, display panel manufacturers such as Samsung Display, LG Display and their Chinese and Japanese counterparts are expected to invest a total of approximately 35 trillion won in OLED facilities in 2016 and 2017, said. The amount is estimated at 13.1 trillion won for this year and 21.5 trillion won for next year. In the first half of this year, the eight Chinese companies including BOE, Truly and Ever Display are planning to make investments in sixth-generation OLED facilities. Their total investment is estimated to reach 14 trillion won.

Samsung Display, which has a share of over 90% in the mobile OLED panel market, is predicted to increase its manufacturing capacity, too. The company has yet to announce its flexible OLED investment plan for this year but recently said that it is in need of more factories as the global demand for virtual reality devices and better laptops is on the rise and Chinese smart phone makers are releasing more products with OLED panels.

It is expected that seven new OLED lines with a capacity of 50,000 panels a month will be put into operation in Korea, China and so on until next year,” said an industry insider, adding, “Then, a supply glut can ensue unless there is a factor boosting the market demand in the short term.”

In the meantime, Apple recently began to discuss the adoption of OLED panels with AUO, Samsung Display, LG Display, etc. It is said that Apple will come with the iPhones with OLED panels in 2018.

Japan Display and Panasonic are making preparations as well. Japan Display, one of the largest partners of Apple, is planning to invest in OLED facilities from next year. Panasonic is preparing to invest in automotive touch panels and flexible display panels based on the OLED technology

- See more at: OLED Competition : Display Panel Manufacturers to Make Huge Investment in OLED Facilities | BusinessKorea

Last edited:
Any idea who is making Vizio brand TVs? It was no.1 a couple years ago in the US market by volume.

I'm standing in front of an 80" Vizio 4K UHD LED at Costco.$3599.

I can get used to a tv this big.

Last edited:
I'm standing in front of an 80" Vizio 4K UHD LED at Costco.$3599.

I can get used to a tv this big.

You can watch it within 6', and with an Onkyo high end receiver, you don't need to go to cinema. I would wait til the price drops to $2500.

You can watch it within 6', and with an Onkyo high end receiver, you don't need to go to cinema. I would wait til the price drops to $2500.

Well cinema owners are another technology victim. With big screen tvs and movies going to cable quickly (within a few months of release) movie attendance has been going down. You can then on-demand watch it whenever you want.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom