What's new

Friendship with India

This is a fiction that goes on and on and on. Outside Herat, Mazhar-i-Sharif, Kandahar and Jalalabad, can you point to a single extra one? Are you aware that this was a vague statement by one of your generals, that has since then become part of the popular fantasy about Indian intentions in Afghanistan?

How many indian citizens have you got in Herat, Mazar-i-Sharif, Kandahar and Jalalabad. We have got valid reasons to not to trust india as we have already got our hands full by just keeping you at bay from one side. It is no secret that india supports Baramdagh bughti as he is actively involved in terrorist activities in pakistan.

You can build as many roads as you want but i doubt you need dozens of indian consulates in a country with almost zero indian citizens present. Indian interests are not just limited to Road and building and everyone knows that for a fact.

I doubt that militants will go away by building roads.

Another propaganda. :rofl:

If you are talking of the recent EU trade textile negotiations, it was impacting India and so India protested (along with BD mind you, for the same reason).

There was a trade deal involving a number of items. Textiles may have been one of the items, or it could be a different deal.

India outplays Pakistan in trade diplomacy | Pakistan Today | Latest news | Breaking news | Pakistan News | World news | Business | Sport and Multimedia

I have never seen a person whose primary language is really English do that. ;)

They actually know that the other person is speaking a foreign language while they are on home turf.

Not when the other person tries to be a smart aleck. Then they rip them apart like nothing else.

You need to get out more often.

Is not possible. Better way forward is status-quo and working on issues like law and order and power shortage who are the biggest hurdle in our economic growth.

Those are just two issues, dude.
The "laundry list" is really very long.......... :D

Regardless of how much strength Pakistan attains - it will never be able to equal India.

Probably true.

So what difference does now, or a decade later make?

Gain enough strength to make the international backdrop not so lop-sided as it is now.

Also remember that, as India gains strength and prominence in the world, it will gain enemies along with allies. Right now, almost no country would consider damaging its ties with India for Pakistan's sake.

I never denied that there are Indian politicians who are interested in honest friendship. My comment was that there are competing camps within India, as there are in any country, and the hawks hold sway in the balance. Perhaps "dominate" was too strong a characterization, but I believe the balance is definitely to the right.

This is a far better appreciation, but it still baffles me how you can see the balance of political parties exisitng in Parliament, see the predominance of a secular element, never mind the quality and richness of that secularism, and still feel that the right has an edge.

Are you judging Indian administration and Indian society by the antics of the lunatic fringe of Internet Hindus on PDF? If you are, this is the precise reason why I had argued, fruitlessly, with Raza Rumi and Raza Habib Raja to exclude this toxic swarm. I told you so, there, and I am telling you so, again, here, that Pakistani views are being distorted by the excretions of these creatures.

Of course.

India is also engaged in building power stations, transmission lines, schools, hospitals and mines. India is very interested in getting to develop Afghanistan's undeveloped mineral resources. There are a dozen areas where Afghanistan and India can cooperate and prosper, and we are both working for it. There is no similar plan on the Pakistani side for the simple reason that Pakistan's single-plank policy has been to dominate Afghanistan by imposing the Taliban on the country, and hoping that the Taliban will more or less guard their frontiers for them, while they concentrate on more engaging foes.

Young Man, do go through this : Journey of Friendship - Pakistan's Assistance to Afghanistan

There was a trade deal involving a number of items. Textiles may have been one of the items, or it could be a different deal.

India outplays Pakistan in trade diplomacy | Pakistan Today | Latest news | Breaking news | Pakistan News | World news | Business | Sport and Multimedia

Its the same one that I mentioned.

India and BD were among those who were impacted and therefore were against it.

EU was trying to give concessions at the cost of others, not from their own pockets. It was simply a commercial thing. All countries try to wrest as much commercial concessions as possible. This happens all the time, even among friends like EU and USA.

Not when the other person tries to be a smart aleck. Then they rip them apart like nothing else.

I have not seen that, It is the coconuts who try to become more English than even the Angrez. They seem to have issues with the accent, vocabulary, everything more than the native speakers.

Though I have seen that trend reverse now. People are generally more accepting of others speaking less than perfect English and are more comfortable about these issues.

Except some more malleable ones it seems.

You need to get out more often.

OK.

Please provide any proof about dozens of consulates. :omghaha:

It was just a figure of speech as you need brains to understand a statement. Like i said in the start of this thread that there is no way for India and Pakistan can get together.

Friendship with India is only possible when they handover the illegally occupied Kashmir to Pakistan!
Ah! The 'K' word again!!
slap.gif
Gaah.gif

I'm outta here...
Goodnight.gif

How many indian citizens have you got in Herat, Mazar-i-Sharif, Kandahar and Jalalabad. We have got valid reasons to not to trust india as we have already got our hands full by just keeping you at bay from one side. It is no secret that india supports Baramdagh bughti as he is actively involved in terrorist activities in pakistan.

These are not for Indian citizens. These are for one thing to represent India in the projects taken up. A little homework will tell you that these are the precise areas where Indian projects are coming up. For another, they represent the power centres of Afghanistan,, and we wish to be close to the power centres, to ensure that we get our share of development activity. Herat is where the pro-Iranian factions are concentrated; Indian roadbuilding projects have improved communications between Afghanistan and Iran, and it is in the interests of all three nations that trade flows easier and smoother all the time. Mazar-i-Sharif, it need hardly be pointed out to a citizen of the country that sponsored the Taliban, is the centre for the Uzbeks, and an important point of contact with the power centres around that ethnic aixis. We have taken up projects there, and more are planned. Kandahar surely needs no explanation. Jalalabad is the centre of the area where Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan had the most influence (he is buried there), and we believe that there is need to keep in touch with the centres of Pushto influence here as well as in Kandahar.

You had mentioned 'dozens'. What happened to your accounting for them?

So finally you stoop down to your level.

You didn't substantiate your airy fairy remark about dozens of consulates. Why blame people for laughing?

Back
Top Bottom