What's new

Frequent droughts made Tamil people innovative

Tamilians are one of the most gifted communities in the world. Tamilians are very inventive people. There are many innovative people in Tamil Nadu but they had to pay a heavy price in the form of droughts. Frequent droughts made Tamilians innovative. Only people with certain qualities can survive conditions of drought. As more droughts occur those qualities intensify. Drought-induced-evolution defines the Tamil intelligence. Over umpteen generations droughts moulded and chiseled the Tamil mind into what it is. It was Darwin's law at work.
@halupridol @Dillinger

@SarthakGanguly

@Mo12

@dollarman

@Manindra

@tuo padre

@Shoonya

@Killswitch @gslv mk3

@asiaticlion

@unbiasedopinion

Nice, but one second thought , even cockroaches survives much severe harsh conditions :P :P..

No offence!! lol

If you live through droughts a lot (lack of food due to lack of rain right?), you just get better at living with lesser food. People living through frequent droughts, their bodies will slowly adapt to the drought, they'll maybe get skinnier, shorter, smaller, this way they require less food to live. At the same time, since the brain consumes alot of energy, it would get smaller as well and will be used less often in order to conserve energy and it's entire focus will be to fetch food instead of anything more than that (such as art etc.) as that would be a waste of energy. They would get more and more fertile because unsuccessful intercourses would be expensive (needs alot of energy). They would also get more resistant to diseases because that also costs a lot of energy (to get well).

So using this info alone, I'm going to guess that Tamil people are short skinny people who are not exactly known for scientific/artistic innovations, are extremely fertile and resistant to common diseases. Now I've never been to south india, so someone from south india can you please confirm my theory ?

So there you go darwin's law at work.

If you live through droughts a lot (lack of food due to lack of rain right?), you just get better at living with lesser food. People living through frequent droughts, their bodies will slowly adapt to the drought, they'll maybe get skinnier, shorter, smaller, this way they require less food to live. At the same time, since the brain consumes alot of energy, it would get smaller as well and will be used less often in order to conserve energy and it's entire focus will be to fetch food instead of anything more than that (such as art etc.) as that would be a waste of energy. They would get more and more fertile because unsuccessful intercourses would be expensive (needs alot of energy). They would also get more resistant to diseases because that also costs a lot of energy (to get well).

So using this info alone, I'm going to guess that Tamil people are short skinny people who are not exactly known for scientific/artistic innovations, are extremely fertile and resistant to common diseases. Now I've never been to south india, so someone from south india can you please confirm my theory ?

So there you go darwin's law at work.
Nope. It takes innovation to store and preserve the scarce water resources. Hence the number of innovative people will increase in the society. Probably that's what happened in the Tamil society.

I know Tamilians are really brainy people....Even today Google's CEO is a Tamilian.....

But explain to me what are the innovations they have done in this particular field...

In Tamil Nadu Ramnad District is the most effected by drought every time....but still people are suffering there due to lack of water for agriculture etc etc... I do not see any new innovations helping them out....

If there is any please explain it to me...
Correct ah sonna mapla

:) I dont know the details but during my visit to India I visited few temples in TN and one thing I noticed there was a brass bowl type pot placed so high on a structure. I was curious to know about its usage as I personally was feeling it could NOT be part of any religious ritual so it must be having some other logic behind it. I found out that It was used to be a storage pot for many grain seeds which they used to use for cultivation later after the drought ends.

I think such innovative ideas the opening poster is talking about

Ya a huge big pot to store grains is certainly innovative :lol: .......... maybe 50,000 years back. LOL.

Why did Darwin's law not work on you?

It did, He was dropped on his head as a child and survived.

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1444814081.120704.jpg

At MDIS Singapore.

2000year old city found near madurai.
Excavation near Madurai reveals Pandya-era artefacts - The Times of India

Last edited:
Tamilians are one of the most gifted communities in the world. Tamilians are very inventive people. There are many innovative people in Tamil Nadu but they had to pay a heavy price in the form of droughts. Frequent droughts made Tamilians innovative. Only people with certain qualities can survive conditions of drought. As more droughts occur those qualities intensify. Drought-induced-evolution defines the Tamil intelligence. Over umpteen generations droughts moulded and chiseled the Tamil mind into what it is. It was Darwin's law at work.

I aagggreeee.

Mare waater baad. Less Waater goood.

Romba Nalla irke.

Darwin real name was Dravidwin. :enjoy:

Every year during rainy season cuddalore and the surrounding districts are floating in water. This year also as usual floods affected these districts badly, from kollidam river at the rate of 30000TMC/second, water went to the sea continuously for three days. When you foolish government going to wake up and save these water instead of begging from the neighboring states every year. Cuddalore districts damage alone estimated to be 1000crores due to heavy rain this year. Veeranam lake was the only water storage facility here which spreads across 11km in length and 4km in width, that too built during the reign of cholas, during raing season this lake will get filled within two days. Modern day politicians are good for nothing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom