What's new

Free Tibetans living in India

Damn makes you think about how most of us wish to travel abroad and stuff when we have multiple places in India that are worth a visit.
I've barely been to anywhere so far tbh the obvious Goa, a few places in Delhi etc. I do want to visit a hill station once and experience real life snowing.

Damn makes you think about how most of us wish to travel abroad and stuff when we have multiple places in India that are worth a visit.
I've barely been to anywhere so far tbh the obvious Goa, a few places in Delhi etc. I do want to visit a hill station once and experience real life snowing.
some places in himachal are really attractive, both due to their culture (friendly people) and the scenery.
JK has good scenery but surly people.
Its common wisdom that ' first see the world and then come to India, because in reverse order the world will be a anti climax "

India hosts a Tibetan government in exile as it continues to challenge One China policy.

However China remains India's biggest trade partner.

The incredible irony of Sino Indian conflict is the reason why the world barely pays any attention to a conflict involving almost a third of human existence.

Now is about the perfect time to travel up north, get on a bus and head to Himachal already ! Or, you could head half to the mountains and stop over in Chandigarh overnight or for a few days and then to Manali, Kasol/Chalal/Malana and then higher up to Kashmir.. or, ride there on a bike, need an adventure tourer but that can handle the rough stuff.

it just keeps getting more and more beautiful. Alternatively, you could also do Amritsar, visit the golden temple, hang for a day or so and then to Dharamsala/McLeodGang.. Triund is an amazing easy beginner level trek and the view from the top is just insane, these Israelis vlogged about it.

Or, the sadly much ignored north east, but that is changing.

Those Dalai Lama followers still live in poverty with no future, many of them chose to immigrate to other countries, while real Tibetans living in Tibet now live in a wealthy life with world top infrastructure of modern convenience including top class hospitals , universities, museums, airports, highways, high speed railway, local Tibetans also enjoy government free housing, free medicare, 15 years of free education , every Tibetan family owns private cars now. GDP per capita in Tibet is multiple times higher than that of India.

Today's Lhasa

Those Dalai Lama followers still live in poverty with no future, many of them chose to immigrate to other countries, while real Tibetans living in Tibet now live in a wealthy life with world top infrastructure of modern convenience including top class hospitals , universities, museums, airports, highways, high speed railway, local Tibetans also enjoy government free housing, free medicare, 15 years of free education , every Tibetan family owns private cars now. GDP per capita in Tibet is multiple times higher than that of India.

Today's Lhasa
20 years ago, there was still a steady stream of Tibetan refugees going to Dharamsala to join the Dalai Lama. Nowadays that stream has stopped and many are actually going back to Tibet. Why? Because in that timeframe, Tibet has been dramatically developed. It’s like comparing Texas to Mexico. So most Tibetans today would not want to leave their comfortable and safe environments for a harsh material situation even if it means more religious freedom.

Btw, Israelis are one of the foremost proponents of demonizing China because of the Tibet issue, it’s one of their foremost strategies to distract from their ethnic cleansing in Palestine.

Today's Lhasa
I heard a story which possibly is real. A Tibetan went to a China's border town government office and asked why didn't offer his family free house. All his relatives got free houses except him. Government officer asked his name but did find it in file. In case there is any neglect, the officer decided to go to his family with him. After a long trip, the officer stopped walking. "Are you living on the other side of the border?"

"Free Tibetans" lived under the Holy Dalai Lama, what a glorious time

Ekl6RA0WkAAd-YA.jpg

Back
Top Bottom