What's new

FREE CPR Training in Karachi

RescueRanger

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Dear members and friends living in Karachi. Aman Foundation will be starting a program of offering free CPR training to citizens living in Karachi.

What is CPR i hear you ask?

Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) is an emergency procedure, performed in an effort to manually preserve intact brain function until further measures are taken to restore spontaneous blood circulation and breathing in a person in cardiac arrest.

It is indicated in those who are unresponsive with no breathing or abnormal breathing. CPR involves chest compression at least 2 inches deep and at a rate of at least 100 per minute in an effort to create artificial circulation by manually pumping blood through the heart.

Current recommendations place emphasis on high-quality chest compressions over artificial respiration; a simplified CPR method involving chest compressions only is recommended for
common persons.

WHY CPR Training is important?
Simply put:
Fast, efficient CPR given to a patient suffering from Sudden Cardiac Arrest, can double or triple a victim’s chance of survival.

To learn more please contact Aman Foundation at the details provided underneath:

cpr@amanfoundation.org

Good luck...

Wonderful initiative by Aman foundation. They have many other vocational courses that are allowing Pakistan to develop skilled-labour who are more productive and even earn more than unskilled ones.

The only obstacle I can see is the archaic laws in Pakistan. If the victim dies even after CPR, then the person performing CPR will become a suspect instead of being called a good samaritan. And we all know how helpful our police can be ;)

Wonderful initiative by Aman foundation. They have many other vocational courses that are allowing Pakistan to develop skilled-labour who are more productive and even earn more than unskilled ones.

The only obstacle I can see is the archaic laws in Pakistan. If the victim dies even after CPR, then the person performing CPR will become a suspect instead of being called a good samaritan. And we all know how helpful our police can be ;)

Very correct, but if it is a Natural Disaster or emergency the volunteer if registered would be covered under the National Disaster Management act. Better than nothing i suppose.

Dear members and friends living in Karachi. Aman Foundation will be starting a program of offering free CPR training to citizens living in Karachi.

What is CPR i hear you ask?

Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) is an emergency procedure, performed in an effort to manually preserve intact brain function until further measures are taken to restore spontaneous blood circulation and breathing in a person in cardiac arrest.

It is indicated in those who are unresponsive with no breathing or abnormal breathing. CPR involves chest compression at least 2 inches deep and at a rate of at least 100 per minute in an effort to create artificial circulation by manually pumping blood through the heart.

Current recommendations place emphasis on high-quality chest compressions over artificial respiration; a simplified CPR method involving chest compressions only is recommended for
common persons.

WHY CPR Training is important?
Simply put:
Fast, efficient CPR given to a patient suffering from Sudden Cardiac Arrest, can double or triple a victim’s chance of survival.

To learn more please contact Aman Foundation at the details provided underneath:

cpr@amanfoundation.org

Good luck...

This is an immensely commendable effort @RescueRanger.
Knowledge of the principles of CPR can help save many lives. However people are still largely ignorant about it. Some years ago, in India; I just happened to speak about it to members of a Senior Citizens community. While knowledge was sketchy, the curiosity factor was pleasantly very high. So that started off an awareness and training program that is now run by the local branch of the Indian Red Cross Society and St. John's Ambulance Brigade.

An area that sadly remains an "area of darkness" is First Aid training in schools in India. That is the ideal place to start. Since I (as school-boy) used to get hurt on the playing field; my father took me in hand and said that attending to injuries does not need a doctor most times. That was really sound advice, though later I did some training as both first-aider and para-rescuer while training for fire-fighting and damage-control. One program that I have funded and overseen in some rural schools has seen teenage school children learning to be first-aiders. They have learnt the utility of a humble piece of cloth called a 'triangular bandage'. But response in urban school children has been less encouraging.

In present day urban India, I do feel that basic knowledge of things like CPR and the 'golden hour' is more necessary than it has ever been before.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an immensely commendable effort @RescueRanger.
Knowledge of the principles of CPR can help save many lives. However people are still largely ignorant about it. Some years ago, in India; I just happened to speak about it to members of a Senior Citizens community. While knowledge was sketchy, the curiosity factor was pleasantly very high. So that started off an awareness and training program that is now run by the local branch of the Indian Red Cross Society and St. John's Ambulance Brigade.

An area that sadly remains an "area of darkness" is First Aid training in schools in India. That is the ideal place to start. Since I (as school-boy) used to get hurt on the playing field; my father took me in hand and said that attending to injuries does not need a doctor most times. That was really sound advice, though later I did some training as both first-aider and para-rescuer while training for fire-fighting and damage-control. One program that I have funded and overseen in some rural schools has seen teenage school children learning to be first-aiders. They have learnt the utility of a humble piece of cloth called a 'triangular bandage'. But response in urban school children has been less encouraging.

In present day urban India, I do feel that basic knowledge of things like CPR and the 'golden hour' is more necessary than it has ever been before.

'triangular bandage'.
The paramedics magic bandage, has soo many uses. This is great news sir. And i agree with you, the situation is bad here in Pak too. Government is more interested in swearing at each other on chat show tv. :/

@RescueRanger : I gather just doing what they do in the movies or punching a guy where his heart is supposed to be, isn't going to work ? :what:

Achaa any such training here in Lahore ! :undecided:

@RescueRanger : I gather just doing what they do in the movies or punching a guy where his heart is supposed to be, isn't going to work ? :what:

Achaa any such training here in Lahore ! :undecided:

Sir CPR is very effective and if used with defibrillator can help in reviving clinically dead victims, here is a good example of CPR in action:
Bondi lifeguards bring a man back to life! - YouTube

Regarding training in lahore. Yes sir, Rescue 1122 organizes community training. They even have a dedicated training wing for LUMS: LUMS Emergency Medical Service

This link should be your first port of call: ::: Rescue 1122 Official Website :::

If you want to register for a training, you will need to call the Rescue 1122 exchange and ask to speak to the Community Awareness & Training Coordinator. She/He will then advise you when the next batch is available.

... An area that sadly remains an "area of darkness" is First Aid training in schools in India. That is the ideal place to start. Since I (as school-boy) used to get hurt on the playing field; my father took me in hand and said that attending to injuries does not need a doctor most times ...

True.
These procedures are not that hard to learn and can easily be taught at the secondary-school level. Our countries have several areas where such measures could have saved lives instead of waiting for the non-existent medical staff. Making simple life-saving procedures second nature to our future generation can really make a difference.

Very correct, but if it is a Natural Disaster or emergency the volunteer if registered would be covered under the National Disaster Management act. Better than nothing i suppose.

Absolutely right. Acute shortage of medical facilities demands volunteers to enhance their role further. Plus there's another advantage. If we can initiate this in the early stages of a student's life, we can gradually change the life-taking mindset to a live-saving one and help make the coming generation more responsible.

Back
Top Bottom