What's new

Free AntiSpywares AntiMalwares Recommendations

All those fancy pieces of softwares are the overkill for a desktop machine.

A reputed antivirus and an antimalware which are updated regularly are enough to protect the PC.

I use Kaspersky AV and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free Edition which does pretty good work.

Moreover, just updating AV and antimalwares will not protect your computer completely.

first and foremost thing to do is, update your windows with latest security patches and updates (If it is not done yet).

There would be instances wherein both AV and antimalwares fail to erase all the malicious codes wherein following tools will come to your rescue !

ComboFix Download

HijackThis Download

If you think that, your system is still infected, please post hijackthis log over here, I will take a look.

BTW, I am a Moderator on World's largest Tech forum :)

remains my homepage in both of my browsers -- this search engine appears in my task manager - I think i got it with the new version of advanced system care which i've uninstalled but the problem persists-- my laptop fan is operating on full throttle after every 10minutes due to some background software and i cant find/delete it

malwarebytes trial pro
hitman pro
adwcleaner
jrt
rogue killer
---
have all been used

@kseeker

Last edited:
remains my homepage in both of my browsers -- this search engine appears in my task manager - I think i got it with the new version of advanced system care which i've uninstalled but the problem persists-- my laptop fan is operating on full throttle after every 10minutes due to some background software and i cant find/delete it

malwarebytes trial pro
hitman pro
adwcleaner
jrt
rogue killer
---
have all been used
All these software increases the bloat. Run Process Explorer(Google it) and post the processes running on your system. Then we can identify the rogue process(if any).

For past 6 months I'm using ESET smart Security. I gotta say its awesome... Blocks all the infected web pages till now never gotta virus or maleware... It doesn't slow ur PC down like Kasper sky does....

malwarebytes trial pro
hitman pro
adwcleaner
jrt
rogue killer
---
have all been used

Never install the add-ons from some softwares it would slow down you PC and Browser... Try Cleaning your registry

malwarebytes trial pro
hitman pro
adwcleaner
jrt
rogue killer
---
have all been used

Dowload AdwCleaner and run that. That should remove Yahoo spigot. Close all the broswers when you run AdwCleaner.

AdwCleaner Download

Also open Program files and see if the program is listed, if you find any entries remove them.

Please post entries of Hijackthis log files once you Run Adwcleaner and delete the malware.

Back
Top Bottom