What's new

France says Kuwait wants to buy 24 Airbus military helicopters

Gabriel92

Reaction score
Country
France
PARIS, June 10 (Reuters) - France said on Wednesday that Kuwait wants to buy 24 Airbus-built Caracal military helicopters and that the contract would be signed soon.

The contract - the latest to be agreed between Paris and a Gulf Arab state, comes weeks after Dassault finalised a deal to sell 24 Rafale fighter jets to Qatar.

"In the framework of the defence partnership between France and Kuwait, the Emir has expressed the wish ... to equip his country's air force with 24 Caracal type helicopters. The contract will be signed soon," President Francois Hollande's office said after a telephone conversation between Hollande and Emir Sheikh Sabah al Ahmad al Jaber al Sabah. (Reporting By John Irish; Editing by Ingrid Melander)

France says Kuwait wants to buy 24 Airbus military helicopters | Daily Mail Online

make it 3
Darn it, Kamal bro! You want me to lose my job for losing my time translating, is that it? ;)

Well, actually, I'll save time because the Kuwait Times piece has almost all the elements of the Belgian one.

Differences merely include : the mention that Poland is selected the Caracal and is testing it for induction / buy
of 50 units to reinforce its means to fend off Russia after the Ukraine mess as well as a reminder that the helo
is armored, auto-protected, all conditions, night-day, long distance transport and CSAR specialized.

As for your dumped piece, grrrrrrrrr, it adds Mexico's plan for 35 to 50 to be signed on Bastille Day,
Mexico Plans to Buy 50 H225M Caracal Helicopters - Forecast International
One paragraph noted that with Qatar earlier and Mexico most likely, Airbus hÉlicopters-ROSPATIALE is bound
to have won all 5 sales campaigns that it was engaged in for the year so far.

Qatar - 22 NH90 ( 16 TTH + 6 ASW NFH ) [ The attack ones went to the USA. ]
Poland - 50 H225M Caracal ( split to be decided if any )
Korea - 300 machines in co-development ( EC155B1 Dauphin/Panther based LCivilianH & LArmedH 5 ton class )
Mexico - 6 to 12 complement to the 15 already ordered ( apparently grown to 50 so 50 to 65 total )
and now Kuwait's 24.

It also mentions the importance of the 30+ years French relationship with Kuwait.

:police:

BTW, Mexico is talking FREMMs and Gowinds just as Egypt has done.

That's pretty much it. Good day all, Tay.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom