What's new

Four PDF entries blocked by GOI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajtr

BANNED
Reaction score
Analysing Latest List of Blocked Sites (Communalism & Rioting Edition)
Posted by Pranesh Prakash at Aug 22, 2012 08:15 PM | Permalink
Filed under: IT Act, Social media, Freedom of Speech and Expression, Internet Governance, Censorship
Pranesh Prakash does preliminary analysis on a leaked list of the websites blocked from August 18, 2012 till August 21, 2012 by the Indian government.
[Note: This post will be updated as more analysis is done. Last update: 23:59 on August 22, 2012. This is being shared under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial licence]

oimg

PsiiS.png

Then how are we still able to access the forum?

Hope its not breaking/bending any national rules .....

DNS proxy etc?

Tech savvy Indians accessing the forum from office please confirm.

As if page badlo was not enough stress :help:

I access this forum through three ISPs, home broadband, mobile 3g and office leased line. I have no problem accessing the forum from home and office however Aircel seems to have blocked the whole domain instead of blocking the relevant URLs.

I think the four entries might be those threads where BD members were posting fake images of 20000 rohingya muslim massacre in burma.Otherwise pdf is accessible in india.

communist regime of India no free media ?:D
Go to block the mis-information.Prevention is better than cure isnt it.:D

Pakistani and Bangladeshi net brothers are requested to behave themselves and suspend trolling and cyber Jihad in deference to your Indian brothers here.

It will be extremely boring and very little fun to talk to each other if we are gone.

Like a batsman trying to scratch his ......

PDF is working fine for me.

No pages blocked, not even those of burma thread which had the fake pics and was deleted.

I told earlier Some ISP's have unilaterally blocked the entire website.

PDF is working fine for me.

No pages blocked, not even those of burma thread which had the fake pics and was deleted.

I told earlier Some ISP's have unilaterally blocked the entire website.
burma assam url's are blocked atleast for me.

I heard they blocked specific URLs of those fake Burma pics threads, the whole pdf wasn't blocked, which wasn't such a bad step imo. It took more than a month for mods/admins to delete those fake pics threads.

LAWLS!!! funny news coming out of India this week

burma assam url's are blocked atleast for me.

They were never blocked for me, the whole site was accessible.

Your ISP may have got orders to block it. Some others ISPs went one step ahead and blocked the whole site :rofl:

I can open the thread "20000 muslims killed in Burma" thread from Pune, India. So I dont think the site or thread is blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom