What's new

Four MMRCA contenders fail Leh trials

Never know what surprise Forums can offer some time .

This particular Gentleman claims to know about Leh trials more than anyone .

Cross posting from key pub

Key Publishing Ltd Aviation Forums - View Single Post - Rafales for Brasil #3, Cachorro-quente!

:woot:

I am following that thread for some weeks now and am even in contact with that gentleman. The way he explains things in detail and the fact that he openly puts his name behind it, makes him reliable and even from other sources I have, I heared good things him. However, some points he made are hard to believe and could be debatable, that's why I tried to get more infos from him directly, before take them for granted, or reliable.

I asked him for example about the MMRCA competition and what he heared of it so far, from the IAF officials that were in Brazil.
His answer was:

Rafale WON the performance tests. It completed all IAF missions using only half of F/A-18E/F flights. Rafale destroyed a target 50km far with a 2 meters margin of error. At performance point of view, it won all bidders, including in AtoA missions but, in my opinion, your choice will be a political one favouring Boeing.

Hard to believe , but if he is honestly genuine .
Then , Rafale would be leading the trials along with Gripen & F16 .

And then i think Santro + Aviation week & ST are wrong about that rumored Mirage use for trials .

I still can't believe IAF chief would spell out so much details , that to a Small Official in ministry .

Any ways regarding the doubt about F16 -
I got reply in my email what is Lockheed Martin offering India in EW suite .
If you want I can PM you that attachement / or i can post it in MRCA thread .

Hard to believe , but if he is honestly genuine .
Then , Rafale would be leading the trials along with Gripen & F16 .

And then i think Santro + Aviation week & ST are wrong about that rumored Mirage use for trials .

I still can't believe IAF chief would spell out so much details , that to a Small Official in ministry .

Any ways regarding the doubt about F16 -
I got reply in my email what is Lockheed Martin offering India in EW suite .
If you want I can PM you that attachement / or i can post it in MRCA thread .

Doubt that the Gripen is in lead, from the part you quoted of him:

The first point is that IAF is still discussing Gripen participation. The RFI and RFP established that all tests must be conducted with the real bidders. The tests at Leh were conducted with Gripen C/D and Demo and both of them are not representative of NG. The Raven radar still is not completely operational.

But I will say more about it in the MMRCA thread if possible later also about the comment of Santro regarding Rafale.

Actually he doesn't said the get the infos from the air chief, he saif from IAF officials that were in Brazil during the visit of the air chief. I don't expect the air chief to give such details out as long as the shortlisting is not over, although I guess he would have compared their results with the Brazilian results too.
As I said before, I expect the same fighters to be shortlisted as in Brazil!

Interesting, post it on the MMRCA thread too, I guess it will be interesting for everybody.

Actually he doesn't said the get the infos from the air chief, he saif from IAF officials that were in Brazil during the visit of the air chief

Do you believe IAF official would spell out such critical details , that too in open to Ministry in Brazil ( heck not even Defence personal )

I think he is simply Fibbing

Do you believe IAF official would spell out such critical details , that too in open to Ministry in Brazil ( heck not even Defence personal )

I think he is simply Fibbing

Not sure about that, that's why I said I am trying to get more infos from him, so far I take it with a neutral point of view. However, I guess we will see if he was right after the shortlisting.

Back
Top Bottom