What's new

Formula E to electrify Jakarta’s streets in 2022

The first Indonesian and Muslim driver ever compete in Formula 1 championship, Rio Haryanto, may come back

1632447475936.png

New development, Local Jakarta government doesnt get permit to do the event in Monas and its surrounding streets, maybe because it is too close with Presidential Palace.

They have mulled Senayan which I believe a perfect location, other is in North Jakarta, reclamation island, which I dont think is a good idea.

Senayan -Sudirman is good place IMO

Official video from Jakarta Local Government to bring the news about the confirmation of 4 June 2022 race in Jakarta.

There are 5 possible place to hold the event in Jakarta, Sudirman as one of my consideration is included as the place to be considered, but later I think the infrastructure that must be built in Sudirman can damage Sudirman infrastructure.

Other recommendation that I think is quite viable is Ancol. Ancol belongs and owned by Jakarta Government so it will not be difficult to hold the event there. I think some podium can be made as well in the side of the road.

Ancol, North Jakarta

As I expected and also suggested, Ancol has been chosen as the place of the race. Ancol is owned by Jakarta government under the company, PT Pembangunan Jaya Ancol.

Ancol Formula E Track to Resemble 'Kuda Lumping,' Says an Official

Translator: Ricky Mohammad Nugraha
Editor: Petir Garda Bhwana
22 December 2021 13:04 WIB

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The area in North Jakarta’s Ancol will officially be turned into a street circuit for the 2022 Formula E race after this decision was green lit by the Formula E Operation (FEO) and the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile or FIA.

The vote came after a number of studies were done by the two sporting governing bodies. This was confirmed by the city’s Formula E organizing committee chairperson Ahmaf Sahroni.

“The Formula E in Ancol had just been approved this morning,” said Ahmad Sahroni on December 22, Antaranews reported.

Moreover, Sahroni explained why Ancol was picked to represent the city in the international all-electric racing series. He believes Ancol’s closed nature will not force officials to close public roads and that it represents a sense of dynamism as a Jakarta icon.

The race slated for June 2022 will be named the Jakarta International E-Prix Circuit (JIEC) and is designed to be 2.4 kilometers in length and 12 meters in width. The track itself is said to resemble the ‘kuda lumping’ or a symbol for the traditional horse dance.

Jakarta Propertindo (Jakpro) president Widi Amanasto said ‘Kuda Lumping’ is a national philosophy and that the Jakarta International Stadium nearby the location would better represent Jakarta to the global audience.

The exact location is in here, relatively empty land owned by Jakarta local government. It is a good place to have Formula E race in Jakarta, next to the sea. The negative side is it is inside the high density region of North Jakarta, but this is the reality of Jakarta where some part of the city (North Jakarta) is a very high density region and once again shows Indonesians in general still favors having houses than living in an apartment.

I think in the future we have to relocate people living in this place and build very large green zone there in order to prevent sinking rate of the land where North Jakarta is the one that has highest rate compared to other region in Jakarta (Central Jakarta, South Jakarta, East Jakarta, and West Jakarta). Building a lake there is also another strategy to retain more rain water so can fill more water to Jakarta underground water.

Ancol, North Jakarta

Having this huge green zone like in East Jakarta must be considered by our central and local Jakata government.

Cibubur, East Jakarta.

Last edited:
PT Jaya Konstruksi win the tender to build the circuit for just less than 6 months. The company shares in majority is owned by Jakarta administration, it is part of the conglomeration company which is also majority owned by Jakarta local government.

Announcement from Jakpro, the company who will be the event organizer

Jakarta Governor, Anies Baswedan, who is also a strong President candidate for 2024 election inspect the circuit.

60,000 people have bought the tickets for June 4 race

AlhamduliLLAH

60.000 tickets sold out
31 Sponsors from private sector
Without any financial backing from state owned companies

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom