What's new

Former Pakistan president Musharraf to create third force

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Former Pakistan president Musharraf to create third force
Ex-president seeks alliance with Khan and Qadri as he looks to end exile to improve situation in country
By Ashfaq Ahmed, Deputy Editor, UAE

Dubai: Former president of Pakistan General (retd.) Pervez Musharraf has hinted at a political alliance with Imran Khan’s Tehreek-e-Insaf and Dr Tahirul Qadri’s Pakistan Awami Tehreek parties to create a third force in the forthcoming elections.

“I am going back to Pakistan to provide a third option to Pakistani electorate and to reverse the economic situation, and improve the law and order situation in the country,” Musharraf told a crowded press conference yesterday to announce his return from self-imposed exile. However, the journalists were disappointed as he did not give any specific date, but hinted at returning one week after a caretaker government is formed in Pakistan.

The five-year-tenure of the PPP-led (Pakistan People’s Party) coalition government will end on March 16. “The General is considering flying back in the third week of March and most probably on March 23 [Pakistan Day] if a caretaker is formed on time,” a close aide of Musharraf told Gulf News.

Musharraf had previously vowed to end his self-imposed exile on January 31 last year to revive his political career, but he postponed his plan after the government threatened to arrest him upon his arrival. His close associates in the Pakistan army also advised him to stay away from the country then.

Musharraf is facing series of arrests warrants, namely for ordering military operation against Balochistan leader Nawab Akbar Bugti; lapse of security to former prime minister Benazir Bhutto before her assassination; and his role in the military operation at the Lal Mosque in Islamabad.

“I am ready to face the court and I don’t see any reason for my arrest on arrival,” said a confident Musharraf, who launched his political party - All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) in October 2011. “The aim of the APML is to give the people of Pakistan a third option in the general elections,” he said. The former military ruler, who ruled the country from 1999 to 2008, asserted that the next elections should be held under the supervision of army to ensure its transparency.

When asked whether he would have enough time to prepare for elections, Musharraf said: “A couple of big public meetings are enough to build the momentum for the elections and the people are already prepared back home [for a change].” He said he and his allies would emerge victorious in the election.

Musharraf is relying on new faces in the APML as many senior leaders his party have left. Members like Ahmad Raza Kasuri and Major General (retd.) Rashid Qureshi are still holding the fort for him.
"Today’s Pakistan is in danger... if immediate steps are not taken to address the grievances of the people. Disappointment and uncertainty amongst the people is increasing due to deteriorating economic, law and order situation – thus leading to mass exodus to foreign countries,” he said.

even though the rule of PMLQ was not without troubles, still was the best ule in punjab and pakistan, PMLQ was the third force created by musharraf, certain measures were made to open up pakistan, bring in investment and ensure the proper democracy like freeing the media, local bodies system where everybody including the cpmmon an was advancing, now the kingdom rulers have returned, and its a farce democracy, the two major forces in pakistan are not democratic lie PPP and PMLN, the third force s the need of time to ensure proper democracy in pakistan and to resist the dynastic rules and farce democracy, or martial law is better than these democracies

Musharraf strength lay in his uniform,without it he has turned into a mr zero.

PTI says Musharraf has a right to do politics like all Pakistani but has become irrelevant to the political process in the country

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has said that General (retd) Pervez Musharraf’s return would be a futile exercise as he has become irrelevant to the country’s political process due to legacy of dictatorship and bad governance.

He is also the author of national reconciliation ordinance (NRO) which has bestowed upon us the most corrupt and incompetent government in the history of Pakistan.

“Every citizen of Pakistan has a right to be a part of the political process and same is the case with General Musharraf. But the retired general carries a heavy baggage. He is the one who introduced NRO and helped install the kind of rulers we have been suffering for the last five years. His responsibility for the state the country is in is visible to everybody and has not endeared him to the people of Pakistan.” said the PTI leader.

He added that Musharraf’s legacy of dictatorship included the troubles in Baluchistan due to the tragic killing of Nawab Akbar Bugti and the fallout of the Lal Masjid operation.

He said that General Musharraf had violated the Constitution, imposed emergency plus in the country, arrested independent judges of superior judiciary and imposed Dogar Courts. He said that he also ordered to detain civil society activists, introduced media gags and tried to curb freedom of the press.

The PTI leader said that General Musharraf also ordered torture against media and lawyers. He has little chance of any political support in the country, he added.

http://insaf.pk/News/tabid/60/artic...-to-the-political-process-in-the-country.aspx

Musharraf said in the interview yesterday that PTI can't sweep; they can only win 20-30 NA seats.

I disagree with him, I think PTI has a good chance to win at least 60-80 NA seats if they give the ticket to the right candidates.

even though the rule of PMLQ was not without troubles, still was the best ule in punjab and pakistan, PMLQ was the third force created by musharraf, certain measures were made to open up pakistan, bring in investment and ensure the proper democracy like freeing the media, local bodies system where everybody including the cpmmon an was advancing, now the kingdom rulers have returned, and its a farce democracy, the two major forces in pakistan are not democratic lie PPP and PMLN, the third force s the need of time to ensure proper democracy in pakistan and to resist the dynastic rules and farce democracy, or martial law is better than these democracies

Will Karchities vote for him? How many seats you think he will be able to secure in Karachi?

@Topic He is idiot if he thinks that IK will let him highjack - Yeah if he opt for President than there are chances of any alliance? But his party is too small to fit in a Suzuki, i don't know how what gidarsinghi he has to convince IK

Will Karchities vote for him? How many seats you think he will be able to secure in Karachi?

that also depends on his campaign, and MQM letting him win, but still he will get many votes even if he doesnt win

If Pti need to be win they should chose right candidates according to area

@Topic He is idiot if he thinks that IK will let him highjack - Yeah if he opt for President than there are chances of any alliance? But his party is too small to fit in a Suzuki, i don't know how what gidarsinghi he has to convince IK

will see, after elections which , yellow cab PTI would sitting in ?
with growing rifts within PTI for slots , its clear they heading for a dead end?

I will love to see lotas leaving PTI, IK win or lose my vote is for him :pakistan:

keep loving , but beaware every one leaving him alone, & he cant even get mianwali seat?
& you will end up , only vote for him?:lol:

Musharraf strength lay in his uniform,without it he has turned into a mr zero.

He was also President of Pakistan , and he resigned from both positions.

His economic and development turnaround, will always be remember.

I will love to see lotas leaving PTI, IK win or lose my vote is for him :pakistan:

This is a jiyala talk!

Please, try to convince with an argument...!

I will be only impressed, if he not only promise but make a policy of self reliance and transparency.

keep loving , but beaware every one leaving him alone, & he cant even get mianwali seat?
& you will end up , only vote for him?:lol:

no problem - at-least i will not regret that i didn't tried to change the status quo

This is a jiyala talk!

Please, try to convince with an argument...!

I will be only impressed, if he not only promise but make a policy of self reliance and transparency.

I am not his campaigner - so, why i should try convinces you? :lol: I am talking about my vote and for me PMLN, PPP, PMLQ, Coward Commando are already tried ones and i don't believe Mullahs - So, if there are elections than only option i have is PTI.

Back
Top Bottom