What's new

Former Pak pm admits that kasab is pakistani

shrivatsa

Reaction score
Country
India
New Delhi: It’s a slap on the face of the Pakistani government. Former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has acknowledged that Ajmal Kasab, the terrorists under arrest for the Mumbai attacks last month, is a Pakistani.

"I have checked myself. His (Kasab) house and village has been cordoned off by the security agencies. His parents are not allowed to meet anybody. I don't understand why it has been done," said Shraif in an interview to the Geo News TV channel.

"The people and media should be allowed to meet Kasab's parents so that the truth could come out in the open," he said, adding that "We need some kind of introspection."

Sharif’s statement challenges Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari's claim that there was no proof that Kasab hailed from Faridkot village in Punjab province.

Zardari, who earlier acknowledged that the perpetrators of the Mumbai carnage could be 'non-state' actors from Pakistan, has now said there is still no "real evidence" that the terrorists who attacked Mumbai came from Pakistan.

"Have you seen any evidence to that effect. I have definitely not seen any real evidence to that effect," Zardari told BBC in an interview earlier this week.

Pakistani security agencies and local officials in Faridkot have launched a cover-up since India made it public that Kasab belonged to the village in Punjab province and his father acknowledged to a Pakistani newspaper that the gunman captured in India was his son.

Sharif also slammed President Zardari's rule, saying the functioning of the current Pakistan People's Party-led government is making Pakistan look like a "failed state". Pakistan presents the picture of a failed and ungovernable state due to the absence of the government's writ and the country urgently needs a new roadmap to pull it out of the problems it is currently facing, he said.

"Since 1977, the army has ruled the country for more than 20 years... A state subjected to frequent military intervention in politics can only become ungovernable." Sharif also criticised what he described as the government's "clarifications" regarding the purported violation of Pakistani airspace by Indian fighter jets.

Nawaz speaks up, admits Kasab is a Pakistani

This is the kind of leaders we have in our country who just blame others just for their political benefit and don't care about country national security.Musharraf should have hanged this bastard.

No one has really denied it, India is just denying any evidence to be presented through which a court proceeding could be carried forward.

Nothing is set in stone till a court an announces it so.

No one has really denied it, India is just denying any evidence to be presented through which a court proceeding could be carried forward.

Nothing is set in stone till a court an announces it so.

The evidence that one of the Mumbai attackers came from Pakistan seems overwhelming.

One of Pakistan's leading newspapers, Dawn, has even run an interview with a man in the Pakistani village of Faridkot who accepted that the young man captured by Indian police was his son.

"I was in denial for the first couple of days, saying to myself it could not have been my son," the newspaper quoted him as saying "Now I have accepted it. This is the truth. I have seen the picture in the newspaper. This is my son Ajmal."

Yet Pakistan's President Asif Ali Zardari is still insisting that there is no proven link to Pakistan.

In an exclusive BBC interview, Allan Little asked him whether he accepted that there was irrefutable evidence that the Mumbai attacks were planned and executed from Pakistan.

BBC World Service - News - Zardari distances Pakistan from Mumbai attack

BBC Media Player

These was just two days ago:what::what:

The evidence that one of the Mumbai attackers came from Pakistan seems overwhelming.
It may indeed be overwhelming, but so far the evidence and the case has been played out in the media, not through official channels, as Pakistan has demanded.

The government cannot act, and should not act, on the basis of media reports in this issue. India needs to cooperate and share all evidence and information through the proper channels - that has been Pakistan's position from day one.

Nawaz is one hell of a bittered guy, bittered in life and bittered in his political career. :tsk:

Anyway, GoP and ISI have been cleared out, my government can not be held responsible for a non state actor except for demolishing the infrastructure. Inorder to do so we need to investigate him, something your government has denied so far. :coffee:

It may indeed be overwhelming, but so far the evidence and the case has been played out in the media, not through official channels, as Pakistan has demanded.

The government cannot act, and should not act, on the basis of media reports in this issue. India needs to cooperate and share all evidence and information through the proper channels - that has been Pakistan's position from day one.

Your government few days back said that J e m chief was under house arrest ,now they r saying that he has vanished .so does giving proof to Pakistan works?

Your government few days back said that J e m chief was under house arrest ,now they r saying that he has vanished .so does giving proof to Pakistan works?

From what I understand the Foreign Minister said he was given incorrect information, or that he misspoke, and Azhar was not under arrest.

There were a lot of people being detained and a lot of raids occurring and people were not sure who had been detained and who hadn't, so he misspoke - stuff happens.

One of Pakistan's leading newspapers, Dawn, has even run an interview with a man in the Pakistani village of Faridkot who accepted that the young man captured by Indian police was his son.

"I was in denial for the first couple of days, saying to myself it could not have been my son," the newspaper quoted him as saying "Now I have accepted it. This is the truth. I have seen the picture in the newspaper. This is my son Ajmal."

Yet Pakistan's President Asif Ali Zardari is still insisting that there is no proven link to Pakistan.

In an exclusive BBC interview, Allan Little asked him whether he accepted that there was irrefutable evidence that the Mumbai attacks were planned and executed from Pakistan.

BBC World Service - News - Zardari distances Pakistan from Mumbai attack

BBC Media Player

These was just two days ago:what::what:
Yes, yes we know its overwhelming.

But can you PROVIDE the evidence for once?

When this news aired in Geo tv. How come I missed it. Anyone else seen it??? Any confirmation?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom