What's new

Formation of a COIN warfare unit separate from the army to deal with insurgents?

Don't need new organizations

1. Convert Rangers into CT & internal security for all provinces & FC into border patrol for all borders. This way they can focus on one task. Merge & retire personnel as needed. GB scouts can included here as well.

2. Merge PMSA & coast guards into a separate unit from navy & army. Again, merge & retire personnel as needed.

3. Replace khasadars & levies or convert them into local police. Khasadars are being phased out already.

4. Better equipment, training & forensics infrastructure for police & their CTDs.

5. Seems many don't realize we already have a national guard. It just needs to be turned into proper reserve force for all 3 services. Revive the cadet corps.

Last edited:
First, we need a Directorate of National Intelligence led by some senior minister or even PM in which offices of all Pakistan's intelligence departments are there I mean sub departments. Where all intelligence gathered by all the agencies is shared.

Punjab rangers also need to be trained and equipped for counter insurgency.
I would also suggest fia and ib should be merged and take most of internal security responsibility.

A 10 k strong element of rangers need to be trained in riot control and kept for security of Capital. Like pretorian guards

ISI and army should ONLY be used for external forces
FC/Rangers and IB for internal threats under civilian (but than PMLN types will use em for political suppression, in the end, its also politicians who cant behave that creates space for forces to operate)

@Bleek

Found the organisation that we were brainstorming.

They need to step up their game though
The level of competency in any institution in Pakistan is a big question mark due to the level of corruption like fund theft, and allowing anyone without the right credentials into senior positions due to irrelevant connections and the chaprasi work culture.

Project Azm is a good example of this. There's just too much incompetent people in the positions that matter.

So even if it exists, does it even remotely do it's job properly?

This is the biggest hurdle we need to get past, after this we can have organic growth where we learn as we go along. But the current culture keeps us stagnant or even declining.

Last edited:
The level of competency in any institution in Pakistan is a big question mark due to the level of corruption like fund theft, and allowing anyone without the right credentials into senior positions due to irrelevant connections and the chaprasi work culture.

Project Azm is a good example of this. There's just too much incompetent people in the positions that matter.

So even if it exists, does it even remotely do it's job properly?

This is the biggest hurdle we need to get past, after this we can have organic growth where we learn as we go along. But the current culture keeps us stagnant or even declining.

Ultimately, this is the same issue that is plaguing most institutions within Pakistan.
I do believe however, that the corrupt will eventually lose their power, and these fields will be handed over to highly capable and passionate people

Ultimately, this is the same issue that is plaguing most institutions within Pakistan.
I do believe however, that the corrupt will eventually lose their power, and these fields will be handed over to highly capable and passionate people
That's the only solution and we need it quickly, you can remain incompetent only for so long until it's too late and shit hits the fan

@Metal 0-1

Are you aware of any cheap solutions for armour and tactical gear for the FC, and other COIN units listed by SIgnalian?
Currently, the FC are practically using no armour or helmets, and have no camouflage whatsoever.
I'd like to draw up a full dossier of everything that needs to be addressed, as I will need it when I try to eventually bring the issue to someone who is able to take action, in the future.
Depends how cheap you want to go.

Industry standard there are none.
As far as I know. But I want someone to correct me and educate me

Our standards Yes(Older Style Gear)

Depends how cheap you want to go.

Industry standard there are none.
As far as I know. But I want someone to correct me and educate me

Our standards Yes(Older Style Gear)

I feel that Pakistan isn't focusing very much on tactical gear.

Their plate carriers and tactical vests are seperate, which is problematic due to it being heavier and more constricting for the individual soldier, not to mention the terrible camouflage situation that occurs with black tactical vests.

A plate carrier that doubles as a tactical vest would be a good idea, and I really think that Pakistan should invest in indigenous tactical gear, much like Israel's indigenous tactical retailer, Agilite.

This would not only increase our self reliance, but have specific tactical products trialed and tested to the very standards that they are needed.

This would include:
Plate carriers (These will have pockets and molle tabs on them to double as tactical plate carriers, so in essence, it would be a tactical vest combined with a plate carrier, like most militaries have)
Helmet covers and bridges
New armoured shoulder and knee pads that are manufactured in different colours for different terrains
Steel plates for plate carriers.
Day sacks and expedition packs

I may even start this kind of thing in the future, myself.

Also, take a look at the agilite youtube channel. I definitely believe that Pakistan should make something similar.

I feel that Pakistan isn't focusing very much on tactical gear.

To do this requires the Pak Military to reflect on learned lessons from the prior 20 years of active military conflict and implement solutions based on Pakistan's needs.

When there's hundreds of MRAPs sitting around somewhere for show rather than being in the field what was the necessity to take receipt of them? UAVs parked on some airfield as trophies.

Meanwhile dozens of soldiers have died because some a-hole somewhere felt it was unnecessary for them to receive support after they heroically fought off attackers for 6+ hours. The solution? "Security forces have cordoned the area and are searching for the attackers". Mind blowing genius cordoning off an area 12 hours after initial contact.

There has been close to little to no ingenuity in the Pak military in the grand scheme of things. It's not like some General's son is on the frontlines manning a post.

definitely .... a force under provincial control otherwise rogue army would let terrorist resettle in our tribal areas...
Pakarmy really thinks Pashtun blood is cheap and dispensible...

saw this few days ago. Clearly the Pakistani ullu is not the right way up.

saw this few days ago. Clearly the Pakistani ullu is not the right way up.

Again, their conjunction with Intelligence divisions leads to precise strikes, actually crippling the terrorist groups rather than leading to a large amount of their own soldiers being killed.

Also, their personal equipment, camouflage and gear seems to be uniform amongst the entire force. This is absolutely necessary for the PK army to implement, as it is better for identification, and actual camouflage. (Most soldiers in PA have camo BDUs and Black tac vests, which is TERRIBLE for blending in)

Again, their conjunction with Intelligence divisions leads to precise strikes, actually crippling the terrorist groups rather than leading to a large amount of their own soldiers being killed.

Also, their personal equipment, camouflage and gear seems to be uniform amongst the entire force. This is absolutely necessary for the PK army to implement, as it is better for identification, and actual camouflage. (Most soldiers in PA have camo BDUs and Black tac vests, which is TERRIBLE for blending in)
its not that, its the debauched few decision makers who aren't 100% dedicated to the job at hand. In Turkey their goals of eliminating these terrorists is a matter of national security. is the same national security taken seriously in Pakistan? sadly with what we witnessed this year its a no.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom