What's new

Foreign trips, princely expenditures tarnishing government's image: PEW

Neo

RETIRED

New Recruit

Reaction score

ISLAMABAD (November 13 2008): The government should stop counter-productive foreign trips and princely expenditures for seeking monetary support, as it is losing confidence of the masses and tarnishing its own image, said President of Pakistan Economy Watch (PEW) Dr Murtaza Mughal here on Wednesday.

"A number of foreign trips of top leaders with hundreds of entourage are costing public exchequer heavily. What Pakistan is getting, in return, is sweet words and promises only. Leaders seem loosing ground back home",

Dr Mughal said while talking to reporters. "Besides global economic turmoil, political uncertainty at home and our track record of massive economic mismanagement, there is something wrong, which is forcing friends to turn their backs on our repeated requests," he said.

He said that the government was delaying revolutionary measures to avoid default and relying on the International Monetary Fund (IMF), which had not contributed towards the development of any country since its inception. Around 70 per cent of total loan acquired so far by Pakistan was believed to channelled back to Dubai, Malaysia and the US banks via pockets of politicians and bureaucrats, he said.

"However, masses are always asked for sacrifices that have never benefited from these borrowings," he said, adding that the government should avoid princely expenditures otherwise our delegations might not be welcomed anywhere in future. He called upon the present government not to break the record of former prime minister and president who tried to make a century of foreign tours, wasting billions of rupees.

Top political leaders joined hands and uprooted dictatorship, but now they were acting in a strange manner, creating problems for themselves and loosing trust of the masses, he said. "The government says they have no option but to swallow bitter pill of the IMF, but fact is that we have some other workable options, which are being neglected due to some reasons," he said.

already we are suffer for dollers and they never stay pakistan a week.if they will never stop there visits we lose our 7bn$ also.

hey cut them some slack guys. they have been out of the "corruption loop" for 9 years. they have to have their piece of the pie. who cares if pakistan goes to pot.!

Who's incharge of these foreign trips, are they budgeted for or do we get finances on adhoc base from the national treasury?

I think few of these foreign trips are budgeted but many other are not. Final authority to permit a foreign trip is PM or President.

We have actually very small idea of how this money is spend while officials are on foreign trips. It is not only air tickets, hotel bills and traveling expenses. If you are very "close" to the current President and you are on official visit to London, you can go to Calvin Klein or any other branded shop there on Oxford Street and can easily do shopping as Pakistan Embassy in London pays for that shopping. Same applies to even chocolates and shoes purchased by President's son and daughters. A very good friend of mine works in Pakistan Embassy London and he gave me this insight. :hitwall:

Who's incharge of these foreign trips, are they budgeted for or do we get finances on adhoc base from the national treasury?

Dear Neo; sir
thanks a lot for this very much , needed thread!
i am hundered percnt sure that, the courption has already begun, with this croupt regime's stay in the power, president of state bank is moving with thier secret directives, step by step, & yes they will get this fianances from "adhoc base from the national treasury".

KHANAN-E- KALIA's , capture by FIA, is not open yet but, i can smile some scandle in it,this action ,could be creation of same kind of mind , which was once puting time bombs on the legs of the investors! & i feel real"JAGGA TAX" in it?

Dear Neo; sir
thanks a lot for this very much , needed thread!
i am hundered percnt sure that, the courption has already begun, with this croupt regime's stay in the power, president of state bank is moving with thier secret directives, step by step, & yes they will get this fianances from "adhoc base from the national treasury".

KHANAN-E- KALIA's , capture by FIA, is not open yet but, i can smile some scandle in it,this action ,could be creation of same kind of mind , which was once puting time bombs on the legs of the investors! & i feel real"JAGGA TAX" in it?

Dear 'batmannow' your concerns are true, corruption was always be there , but its now bossted-up to the highest level since very first day of govt, by ruling party's opportunists or even little earlier. as 'fatman17' stated nicely that, its like an agenda on top priority of long awaited hungry political craps.
By observing the sevior corruption during last eight months and look a like that every body engage in race of making money by any mean especially in ISB, and if some one is laft behind in such race to make "Khancha" may have some draw backs or differneces with rulers as per my favorit saying "virginity is not a dignity- it's a lack of opportunity" :flame::hitwall:
GOOD LUCK :tup:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom