What's new

Foreign reserves fall to 3.1bil$

I checked their publication list bhai.

Did you?

TIP pointed out corruption of Rs390 billion in 2008, Rs450 billion in 2009, Rs825 billion in 2010 and Rs1,100 billion in 2011 under the present regime. The total of these identified cases of corruption is Rs2,765 billion.

This is report of Transparency International. If you have issues or think this is in correct then talk to them. I fully agree & accept these figures(i was expecting much worse) & the article made sense to me.

I' am multitasking at the moment. Please specify instead of posting one liners...i don't have time to waste even 2 minutes on understanding the post.

[quote="akshay gehlot, post: 5085086, member: 151367" how the hell did a big nation like pak get its foreign reserve so low .

Mazey![/quote]

OMG. what is this?Our PM Manmohan singhji used only 2 to 3 cars

How are reserves build?Please someone tell me this

Exports! Less Imports, in other words... as said before, a current account surplus.
IMF loans = death for Forex reserves.

Also, forex reserves are subject to the type of monetary policy being implemented by central banks, exchange rate policy etc etc.

How are reserves build?Please someone tell me this

When the country ends up with a surplus after a period, the government usually decides to put some of the profit away for bad days.

Damn something is really wrong with the economy or policy of Pakistan.

Afghanistans Reserves is $7 billion, and think about our economic situation :undecided:

Last edited:
When the country ends up with a surplus after a period, the government usually decides to put some of the profit away for bad days.

Damn something is really wrong with the economy or policy of Pakistan.

Afghanistans Reserves is $7 billion, and think about our economic situation :undecided:

An year or slightly more they were close to 20billion dollars.But as you know the last govt took loan but didnt returned within the time frame of their govt.

Though i believe this govt is atleast good at economics since the 5.1% growth rate is already achieved int he first quarter.

Pakistan total combined reserves are 8.5billion dollars.
And its good to know Afghanistan reserves are this big :)

Any idea of how much Pakistans total growth was in 2013?

2012-13FY(june tp june) of Last year Pakistan was 3.6% but World bank aswell as IMF later revised it to 4.2%

This year Pakistan Growth rate in the first quarter was 5.1% from july-oct.Though are govt words not IMF or WB

This year Growth rate expected to be is if we take the First quarter growth rate than 5% of slightly more.If WB and other sources estimates than 3.7%.

Last 5 year growth rate average under Zardari govt was less than 3% while under musharaf it even reached almost 9%

Back
Top Bottom