What's new

Foreign hand behind Fata unrest: Peshawar corps commander

Bratva

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PESHAWAR: Corps Commander Peshawar Lt Gen Asif Yasin Malik said on Monday that foreign hand was involved in prevailing unrest in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (Fata) and Pakistan Army with the support of local people would thwart the nefarious designs of the anti-state elements.

Talking to reporters before addressing the inaugural session of five-day seminar on Human Rights Laws and Rules of Engagements awareness programme organized by the Pakistan Army as part of its education and capacity-building for army officers and jawans here at the Corps Headquarters, he said foreign hand was helping the anti-state elements to destabilise Fata for their vested interests.

“Involvement of foreign hand in Fata could not be ruled out as we have solid proof in this regard which has been submitted to the quarters concerned for taking necessary action,” he stressed.

Asked about the recent terrorism incidents in Mohmand Agency, the corps commander said there were some pockets where miscreants took law into their hands and action against them was going on. The terrorists come from across the western border for disturbing law and order in Pakistan’s tribal areas and return to that war-torn country and take refuge there, he maintained.

To a question about the uplift work in South Waziristan, he said development projects were in an advanced state and on completion would bring about positive changes in the lives of the tribal people.

Foreign hand behind Fata unrest: Peshawar corps commander

Yeah those foreigners are Arab and Central Asian Terrorists.

ohh please, learn to introspect sometimes atleast, blame the " Foreign hand " and never look at what your doing wrong in the first place.

ohh please, learn to introspect sometimes atleast, blame the " Foreign hand " and never look at what your doing wrong in the first place.

Here goes desiman again with his childish posts. Did India not blame foreign hand multiple times? What about the west? What I am trying to say is, you're childish reply suggests foreign hand can never be involved.

Here goes desiman again with his childish posts. Did India not blame foreign hand multiple times? What about the west? What I am trying to say is, you're childish reply suggests foreign hand can never be involved.

Seriously SMC im not arguing with you again on this, you have your opinions and I have mine. Mine might look childish to you but yours look stupid to me so lets keep it at that. Pakistan's obsession with the "Foreign Hand" is well known and im just commenting on that. Its you who comes down to personal comments to get your point across, its obvious who is real child is, please dont mention me in your post as im not interested in indulging in sort of an argument with you and wasting my time.

No what desiman is saying is that when something bad happens in your country, it doesn't automatically mean that it's someone else's fault.

No what desiman is saying is that when something bad happens in your country, it doesn't automatically mean that it's someone else's fault.

Yes I realize that it doesn't automatically mean that it's someone else's fault. However, read his post carefully. He is not implying anything such. He's implying that it must be your own problem. Which is funny considering India and West often blame the incidents that happen in their country on others. Seriously, if you've seen some of his posts before, this post is just slightly more intellectual and logical than his other posts. And considering how logical and intellectual this post is, you can guess how his other posts are.

Yes I realize that it doesn't automatically mean that it's someone else's fault. However, read his post carefully. He is not implying anything such. He's implying that it must be your own problem. Which is funny considering India and West often blame the incidents that happen in their country on others. Seriously, if you've seen some of his posts before, this post is just slightly more intellectual and logical than his other posts. And considering how logical and intellectual this post is, you can guess how his other posts are.

Sir what he said was:

"ohh please, learn to introspect sometimes atleast, blame the " Foreign hand " and never look at what your doing wrong in the first place."

Sure, his tone might have been a little provocative but I certainly didn't interpret that as him "implying that it must be your own problem."

Basically what I gleaned from his comment was that you mustn't jump to blame others for your problems. You must try to keep an open mind as to what might be causing the problem.

Wouldn't you agree?

Regarding India, the West and what desiman has posted before: I don't quite see how this fits into your argument. Sounds like a rant to me.

Sir what he said was:

"ohh please, learn to introspect sometimes atleast, blame the " Foreign hand " and never look at what your doing wrong in the first place."

Sure, his tone might have been a little provocative but I certainly didn't interpret that as him "implying that it must be your own problem."

Basically what I gleaned from his comment was that you mustn't jump to blame others for your problems. You must try to keep an open mind as to what might be causing the problem.

Wouldn't you agree?

Yes I mentioned that it doesn't mean that it must be done by foreign elements, however I've seen similar posts by him before on this topic and what he really means is that it must be your own problem and no other choice.

Regarding India, the West and what desiman has posted before: I don't quite see how this fits into your argument. Sounds like a rant to me.

It's relevant because desiman seems to be suggesting that it must be your own problem. But India and the west often do exactly the opposite: blame others for their own problems. What obviously I am trying to suggest is that it's a fallacious argument to suggest that it always is your own problem.

Better ways to go argue about this then make such fallacious posts.

Sir what he said was:

Wouldn't you agree?

lol dont try bro, its no use, SMC and me have been at each other for a very long time. He does not like me and I dont like him, simple as that. Im sure SMC can agree with me here atleast lol

In regards to what I meant with my post, its simple and logical, its upto the reader to come to his/her own conclusion.

Yes I mentioned that it doesn't mean that it must be done by foreign elements, however I've seen similar posts by him before on this topic and what he really means is that it must be your own problem and no other choice.

It's relevant because desiman seems to be suggesting that it must be your own problem. But India and the west often do exactly the opposite: blame others for their own problems. What obviously I am trying to suggest is that it's a fallacious argument to suggest that it always is your own problem.

Better ways to go argue about this then make such fallacious posts.

Well I guess you and I differ on our interpretations of his post. However my argument still stands. Disregarding what desiman said, you seem to agree that there is a chance that foriegn elements may have absolutely nothing to do with the Fata unrest. Would I be correct in saying this?

Again I fail to understand why you insist on bringing India or the West into this. In fact the article didn't even mention either of these. Anyway if 'x' does something wrong, it doesn't mean that you make the same mistake right?

“Involvement of foreign hand in Fata could not be ruled out as we have solid proof in this regard which has been submitted to the quarters concerned for taking necessary action,” he stressed.

^^^
Now I think you'll understand why I would be sceptic of this "solid proof" seeing as we have no access to it. I mean we either believe the commander or we don't. There's not much else to go by. I guess time will tell. However if this case is to follow the norm, my guess would be that we'll hear nothing more about it.

Last edited:
Historically to the current time areas such as FATA are treated as if they don't exist as part of Pakistan in terms of lack of resources used to help develop FATA...until current moment when a change hopefully has started.

This said, outsiders from the "Stans" and Arab countries in the region have operated their lawless banditry, drug dealing, and in a growing sense since 911 their religious terrorist processes.

I was there long years ago and sadly little has changed, but there does seem to be some HOPE that Paksitan's internationally provided resources are mandated now to develop and help pacify FATA and related areas.

Those who throw up their hands and turn their backs are largely of other ethnic backgrounds, elsewhere in Pakistan, and of course have abandoned Pakistan for other more developed parts of the world for advanced education and job/career opportunites. But now with the high visibility of Paksitan some of these "run aways" take unearned pride to tell folks here and elsewhere that they are "Pakistanis" as if they have earned a badge of courage, which they have not earned.

lol dont try bro, its no use, SMC and me have been at each other for a very long time. He does not like me and I dont like him, simple as that. Im sure SMC can agree with me here atleast lol

In regards to what I meant with my post, its simple and logical, its upto the reader to come to his/her own conclusion.

Well I just think that personal feelings shouldn't serve as an obstacle to logical thinking or a civil argument. :)

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom