What's new

Foreign components in India's ALH (Dhruv)

s6demon

Reaction score
ooh cool man dhuru sold to 9 countries including Israel and turkey. dhuru have lot of structural and characteristic diffrence from B-117. in engine part only some help received from france

ummm yea, i googled your 9 countries. besides Israel's " 1 " heli. only ecuador has Dhruv. everyone is supposedly "on order" or "potential" for everything else.

BUT ...

I found an even better article ........ :victory: :victory:

The ALH was developed in association with Eurocopter Deutschland and is built by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited - whose helicopter division has in the past produced machines based on French designs.
According to the report, the Indian-made helicopter would not even be operational without vital parts from the EU member states, including:

•Rocket launchers from Belgium

•Rockets, guns and engines from France

•Brake systems from Italy

•Fuel tanks and gearboxes from the UK

•Self-protection equipment from a Swedish company

•And German assistance in design development.

BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | 'Threat' to EU-Burma embargo

ALMOST EVERYTHING, is made in Europe. As I have been saying all along. its a BK117. :victory::victory::victory:

Last edited:

The Only thing is Gear box ,Fuel tanks But engine is made in HAL even though it was a joint venture, we Make shakti Engines In the engine Division..... And All of us know that DHRUV Weapon System Integrated (WSI) Is from Europe... Never the less We make it In India, and we export it too... full production cost is ours... So Why cannot we claim it as Indeginious?? and the Avionics and Softwares?? Its done by HAL Avionics devision...:D

The Only thing is Gear box ,Fuel tanks But engine is made in HAL even though it was a joint venture, we Make shakti Engines In the engine Division..... And All of us know that DHRUV Weapon System Integrated (WSI) Is from Europe... Never the less We make it In India, and we export it too... full production cost is ours... So Why cannot we claim it as Indeginious?? and the Avionics and Softwares?? Its done by HAL Avionics devision...:D

BBC say quite flat out that without the components from other countries, there would be no Indian BK117.

and engine (number 1 on that pic) comes from France apparently.

ummm yea, i googled your 9 countries. besides Israel's " 1 " heli. only ecuador has Dhruv. everyone is supposedly "on order" or "potential" for everything else.

ha ha ha don't burn sir. . .

here is the links

for turkey

HAL beats competition to supply Dhruv to Turkey

for nepal

Peru, Ecuador Place Orders for HAL Dhruv ALH Helicopters | India Defence

pls cool sir. . . all collaborations is to learn the new things. . . nothing wrong in that . . after all pls check the diffrences between dhurv and bk

all collaborations is to learn the new things. . . nothing wrong in that . . after all pls check the diffrences between dhurv and bk

I am all for collaboration. And to be honest I would give full props to India for assembling the BK117 themselves. I am being honest here.

It is not an easy task even though one Indian fellow was saying that making the JF17 would be a cakewalk. The point of contention here is when someone insists, against all evidence in the world, that its all indigenous. Which it just is not. even BBC says it right there.

I checked the differences between dhruv and bk117 and apparently its the paint.

Well take this definition of indigenous (What is being used by Indians) . We have not invented everything, we have taken help from others in learning and establishing assembly line in India, we pay for TOT and help. So when it comes to future development we can make it without help from others.

I just love the Dhruvs the best part is the lovely plant they are manufactured in at HAL banglore which is in india so unlike some countries which have to depend on others India is exporting helis wooooooooow :smitten:

6e03b52965786e0a98a4c079cb029825.jpg

Well take this definition of indigenous (What is being used by Indians) . We have not invented everything, we have taken help from others in learning and establishing assembly line in India, we pay for TOT and help. So when it comes to future development we can make it without help from others.

I know, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Its when people get delusional, like this last post from Dark Angel, is what makes me laugh.

Thread owner. Its bk117 . .go and file a case in internatnl court on behalf of those 9 countries.

I am all for collaboration. And to be honest I would give full props to India for assembling the BK117 themselves. I am being honest here.

It is not an easy task even though one Indian fellow was saying that making the JF17 would be a cakewalk. The point of contention here is when someone insists, against all evidence in the world, that its all indigenous. Which it just is not. even BBC says it right there.

I checked the differences between dhruv and bk117 and apparently its the paint.

Dude, first of all neither DHRUV a licensed production of Bk117 nor it is something that is manufactured in Germany and painted in India. India did take assistance from MBB in designing the helicopter after all we are not inventing something so hiring design experts is always a good option to learn something new

But saying that the difference between the two is only Paint is an overkill. Lets see the differences between the two. These details are available all over web.

DHRUV

General characteristics

Crew: 1 or 2 pilots
Capacity: 4-12 passengers
Length: 15.87 m (52 ft 0.8 in)
Rotor diameter: 13.20 m (43 ft 3.7 in)
Height: 4.05 m (12 ft 4 in)
Disc area: 137 m² (1,472 ft²)
Empty weight: 2,502 kg (5,515 lb)
Max takeoff weight: 5,500 kg (12,125 lb)
Powerplant: 2× Shakti turboshafts, 900 kW (1,200 shp)
Alternate engine: 2x Turbomeca TM 333-2B2 turboshafts of 746 kW (1,000 shp) each
Performance

Maximum speed: 280 km/h (175 mph, 150 kn)
Combat radius: 320 km (200 mi, 175 nmi)
Ferry range: 827 km (516 mi, 447 nmi)
Service ceiling: 8382 m (27,500 ft)
Rate of climb: 8.9 m/s (1,771 ft/min)
Power/mass: 329.73 W/kg (0.20 hp/lb)
Armament

BK117

General characteristics

Crew: 1
Capacity: up to 10 passengers
Length: 9.91 m (32 ft 6 in) (fuselage length)
Height: 3.85 m (12 ft 8 in) (rotors turning)
Empty weight: 1,727 kg (3,807 lb)
Max takeoff weight: 3,350 kg (7,385 lb)
Fuel capacity: 697 L (183 US Gallons, 153 Imp Gallons) internal fuel
Powerplant: 2 × Textron Lycoming LTS 101-750B-1 turboshaft, 442 kW (593 hp) each
Main rotor diameter: 11.00 m (36 ft 1 in)
Main rotor area: 95.03 m2 (1,022.9 sq ft)
Performance

Maximum speed: 250 km/h (160 mph; 130 kn) at sea level
Never exceed speed: 278 km/h (173 mph; 150 kn)
Range: 541 km (336 mi; 292 nmi)
Service ceiling: 4,575 m (15,010 ft) (max certified altitude)
Hover Ceiling: 3,565 m (11,700 ft) (in ground effect)
Rate of climb: 11.00 m/s (2,165 ft/min)

I Hope you will be able to see differences other than paint now:cheers:

Last edited:
Just one look and you know we mean business. Dhruv is one hell of a helicopter.
1857f1e7d79159c8687c605ba62bfb32.jpg

Well Moral of the story Grapes are sour.

well this BK117 grape is made in europe

I think the only thing not made in europe is the pilot. lol

Just one look and you know we mean business. Dhruv is one hell of a helicopter.

lol yes it has a lot of buttons. Unfortunetly for you, those buttons are from germany(number 3 on the pic). hahaha

I think the only thing not made in europe is the pilot. lol

I don't know if you know anything at all about Dhruv. Just google Dhruv and read something. Compare it to BK-117. You would be amazed, how different they are.

Diff engine, diff avionics, diff frame, everything is diff.

I wondered how long it would take me to say this on my return:

EVERYONE HAS TO START SOMEWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The example of JF17 has already been given what about half the Turkish products being rolled out at the moment?

Off the shelf commercial parts and design shares the demand placed upon designers to a more manageable level and saves costs during the project.

No shame in that.

I ask all reasonable and mature forum members not to post here as this thread was designed as flame bait from the start.

Back
Top Bottom