What's new

Foreign batting coach may be considered: Afridi

Dance

Reaction score
KARACHI: Pakistan Cricket Team captain Shahid Afridi on Sunday said that the possibility of bringing in a foreign batting coach would be considered if Javed Miandad was unavailable to fill the role for the national team.

Giving the inauguration speech at Karachi’s Boom Boom Cricket Stadium, Afridi said that he will try to learn from his previous mistakes in order, improve and try to give the team some stability.

He said the team picked for the West Indies tour consists of fresh players and it will present a great opportunity to Pakistan to assess its future prospects.

Afridi said that the team would try its best to achieve a good result, but admitted that a lot of hark work was needed to improve the team’s fielding.

Foreign batting coach may be considered: Afridi | Sport | DAWN.COM

best option for Batting coach will be these three dudes

Brain Charles Lara
Steve Waugh
Adam Gilchrist

i think one of these should be choosen im sure our middle order will benefit from this and also openers can be confident after having coaches like these who have tons and tons of runs in all formats of the game

Why does Pakistan need a foreign batting coach? Is Zaheer Abbas not available? Saw him on TV during the World Cup. He was one of the best batsmen I saw when I was younger. He played for Pakistan when India was captained by Ajit Wadekar and Sunil Gavaskas. Is he too old to coach now?

^^^^Every smart student can not become a good teacher, every good batsman can not become a good coach.

Well if we are to opt for foreign coaches then try to hire

Steve Waugh

if they can't convince him, then go for Justin Langer, Gilchrist or any aggressive batsmen who has all the abilities to be a great coach as well. Past experience in coaching is highly desired but not mandatory - and yes having coach at this stage is not enough. We need more coaches in domestic circuit who can train players before they appear at international level....

There is a saying you can't teach an old dog new tricks , normally techniques are corrected when a player is 14-16 years old , being 28 years old , its a bit too late thats is just my opinion you can probbly point big flaws in technique but our players really suffer from lack of confidence

I mean Inzimam has been the PRESSURE ABSORBER in pakistani cricket and there will never be another player like him - it would be great to see this LEGEND back as batting coach he earned it 100%

There is a saying you can't teach an old dog new tricks , normally techniques are corrected when a player is 14-16 years old , being 28 years old , its a bit too late thats is just my opinion you can probbly point big flaws in technique but our players really suffer from lack of confidence

I mean Inzimam has been the PRESSURE ABSORBER in pakistani cricket and there will never be another player like him - it would be great to see this LEGEND back as batting coach he earned it 100%

There are a lot of Pakistani youth with good batting techniques, for example, Asad Shafiq. But your selectors prefer the dashers, like Ahmed Shehzad.

Why else would a Kamran Akmal be preferred over a Zulqarnain Haider?

Come on, Afridi, You have Saeed Anwar, Aamir Sohail, Ramiza Raja, Inzamam-ul-Haq, Jave Miandad, Moshsan Hassan Khan, Mudassar Nazar etc . . . Forget about "GORA" batting coach their "Nakhras" always too big.

Back
Top Bottom