What's new

For Indians Making Fun of Pakistan's Abdali Missile's Range !!!

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
India developing new 200-km strike range Pranash ballistic missile
The missile would be an advanced version of the 150-km strike range Prahar missile which was being developed for tactical missions.
manjit_singh_negi.jpeg

Manjeet Singh Negi
New Delhi
February 9, 2020
UPDATED: February 9, 2020 18:13 IST
Pranash2020feb09-770x433.jpeg

Pranash ballistic missile. (Rep image: ANI)

Seeking to enhance the firepower of Army and Air Force, India has started developing a 200-km strike range tactical ballistic missile 'Pranash'. The ballistic missile will be used by the Army and the Air Force for destroying enemy targets at short ranges.

"DRDO is developing the 200-km strike range Pranash ballistic missile which would be used for tactical battlefields," Defence officials said.

The missile would be an advanced version of the 150-km strike range Prahar missile which was being developed for tactical missions.

The surface-to-surface ballistic missile will be of use for the Air Force and Army.

The trials of the missile would be conducted in next couple of years and the single-stage solid-propellant missile would also be readied for the exports to friendly foreign countries as its strike range is within the permissible limits of international regimes on missile sales.

Now Let's See....
Abdali-I
Description

The Abdali-I is a supersonic and tactical surface-to-surface short-range ballistic missile designed and developed by the Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission and is named after Ahmad Shah Durrani. It is currently in operational service with the Pakistan Armed Forces. Wikipedia

Mass: 1,750 kg
Designer: Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission
Used by: Pakistan
Operational range: 200 km
Launch platform: Transporter erector launcher (TEL)
Guidance system: Inertial, Terminal
Diameter: 0.56 m

507743-hatfIIIghaznavimissileafp-1360918968-345-640x480.jpg

As the saying goes.....if you can't beat them then kick yourself and make an effort to join them.

You are in a mood
As 27th February draws near, I guess those old reflexes coming back.

I didn't know we never had a Short Range BM until I see windy's thread. :D Thanks for the tip
Don't worry, next in line is Indian battlefield missile called ''Lalu''
Named after the same jailbird who was making fun of Pakistan's NASR missile.

they are making new doctrine wgich ciuld br a hybrid of cold war and full spectrum

Don't worry, next in line is Indian battlefield missile called ''Lalu''
Named after the same jailbird who was making fun of Pakistan's NASR missile.
Nah! Probably name it after Jailbird "Niazi". Or not, because Niazi was an utter failure.

The slot is unavailable anyway, we kinda named our Short Range BM Prithvi back in 1988.

Nah! Probably name it after Jailbird "Niazi". Or not, because Niazi was an utter failure.

The slot is unavailable anyway, we kinda named our Short Range BM Prithvi back in 1988.
Missed some, we are talking battlefield missile....you know just over the border and what better name than Abhi.....who, after all, managed to reach just across the LOC.

Missed some, we are talking battlefield missile....you know just over the border and what better name than
I didn't miss it. Prithvi was already in use as a battlefield weapon launched from TELs. What did you miss between Prithvi and Pranash?

Back
Top Bottom