What's new

FOR A SUCCESSFUL MILITARY OPERATION WHAT FACTORS ARE IMPORTANT ?

babrum

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Dear Members,
i have been brainstorming for quite a time on how to execute a military operation. what is your take?

Dear Members,
i have been brainstorming for quite a time on how to execute a military operation. what is your take?
Such a broad question that IMO cannot be answered until u specify the variables involved...

Is the operation limited in scope(like the one in Feb 2019)? Or is it more long term(war spanning years)? Is it taking place inside ur own territory or is it taking place deep into enemy territory?
If its deep within enemy territory u gotta establish sound logistics to keep the troops supplied that are holding an area for example...which would be an ongoing thing in itself bcuz the enemy will try to cut it off and outmaneuver to have the holding troops stranded behind enemy lines...

Too many other variables are at play...and it's hard to go down each rabbit hole...if u narrowed it down by listing what is the objective, the resources available, industrial capacity and economy(on war footing), military assets and capability, terrain, etc...then some options can be brainstormed.

Dear Members,

What is a military operation? Manning a barricade and inspecting the credentials of travellers, or invading Russia?

High moral ground. Ethos . Courage and Mercy among each soldier invovled in the plan.

Excellent manpower. Everything else follows.

Are you by the way a defence official ? If yes , we can proceed. Otherwise, it is a waste. It sounds like a tutorial on how to do DIY kidney transplant on a patient.

Last edited:
In no particular order (and these are all I can think of on the spot):
1. Knowledge of terrain, weather and overall environment
2. Knowledge of your own soldiers: their mood, their energy levels, their overall structure, their strengths and weaknesses
3. Knowledge of the enemy's troop dispositions and movements: ditto
4. Knowledge of non-combatants, if any
5. Knowledge of logistics: yours and that of the enemies
6. Knowledge of supply lines and lines of communication
7. Confidence tempered with wisdom and caution in the commander
8. Willingness to delegate to junior commanders
9. Willingness to improvise plans/be flexible according to the conditions
10. Willingness to fight the enemy at your own advantage, while denying them battle when the odds are against you (if possible)
11. Communications with higher HQ

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom