What's new

FO rejects expansion of US drone strike campaign in Pakistan

[/COLOR]
People like you and me it does not matter, the general mass... it does very much, national pride and and you know..

Please do not give excuses of the general sentiment of the masses as that sentiment is in itself cooked up every other day by Pakistani leaders by making absolutely misleading statements. On one hand they let the drone attacks continue and on the other hand they shout from rooftops as to how these drone attacks should stop.

What is this if not stirring up public sentiment by misleading the hoi polloi by making utterly duplicitous statements?

You either want the drone attacks or you don't want them. You can't both want and not want want them at the same time!

[/COLOR]

Please do not give excuses of the general sentiment of the masses as that sentiment is in itself cooked up every other day by Pakistani leaders by making absolutely misleading statements. On one hand they let the drone attacks continue and on the other hand they shout from rooftops as to how these drone attacks should stop.

What is this if not stirring up public sentiment by misleading the hoi polloi by making utterly duplicitous statements?

You either want the drone attacks or you don't want them. You can't both want and not want want them at the same time!

My dear friend i hail for the part of Pakistan that has witnessed these bombing runs first hand, seeing a wedding party blown to shreds because a drone fired a missile based on "bad intel" is not the way to win hearts and minds.

Furthermore there is the issue of legality:
"Unlike a state's armed forces, its intelligence agents do not generally operate within a framework which places appropriate emphasis upon ensuring compliance with international humanitarian law, rendering violations more likely and causing a higher risk of prosecution both for war crimes and for violations of the laws of the state in which any killing occurs," he wrote.
UN expert: Drone attacks may be illegal - Pakistan - msnbc.com

The US and UK have already had to pay out millions to the victims of illegal detention and extra judicial killing based on "bad intel", expanding the operations to urban areas like quetta will open up a Pandora's box the US does not need at the moment. And to be very frank neither does the fragile government in Pakistan.

Whilst drone attacks have seen great success recently the issue of "bad intel" still haunts their expansion into urban areas where the concern for collateral damage is a major concern to the public and government alike.

Consider the fact the Quetta a city of close to 1million is a very compact and densely populated area, operating drones here will create apprehension amongst the populace.

I mean tell me the truth, would you sleep an night knowing that there is a chance a missile could land in your neighbourhood? Could you go to work, send you children to school?

In the long run this would have a detrimental impact on the local civilian population, the country is already facing a considerable challenge, i don't think this present government can cope with much more.

How much does it matter as to who controls the drone? All that matters is the target which the drone is going to hit and that target is decided in collaboration with Pakistan's intelligence and security agencies.

It matters very much who controls the drones and whether the GoP officially allows any foreign entity to conduct military operations on Pakistani soil.

Allowing Foreign military operations on Pakistani soil is not a precedent Pakistan wants to set - if the US or any other nation wishes for certain military operations on Pakistani soil, they need to enter into discussions with Pakistan and Pakistani forces will carry out what needs to be done, within their capabilities.

If you officially allow one nation to carry out one set of limited military operations, then they might start asking for more. The Pakistani position remains that if there are actions the US wants taken on Pakistani soil, it needs to equip the Pakistani military to undertake them, if the Pakistani military does not have that capability.

People like you and me it does not matter, the general mass... it does very much, national pride and and you know..
Then it shouldn't take long to fake a news from your army which is secretive sufficiently, that US doesn't do anything without Pakistani government's permission. This will reduce anti-US sentiments among people.

Media is a tactful medium, man. This message what you conveyed can be done so by media tactfully.

Then it shouldn't take long to fake a news from your army which is secretive sufficiently, that US doesn't do anything without Pakistani government's permission. This will reduce anti-US sentiments among people.

Media is a tactful medium, man. This message what you conveyed can be done so by media tactfully.

Pakistani media and the words tactful don't go together. Their idea of tact is a brick to the face, followed by a heavy concussion.

Spreading a message that the Drone Strikes are done with GoP permission is not really a message that the Pakistani Military wants to propagate. Pakistan remains principally opposed to the drone strikes, but likely cooperates unofficially given US pressure - as a 'necessary evil'.

The opposition of the Pakistani people and Military to US conducted drone strikes on Pakistani soil is a legitimate position, and should be sustained, not minimized.

foreign office talk like that iraqi information minister Tariq aziz, who was saying we defeated us forces, while US forces were near baghdad.

drone strikes are extremely unpopular in Pakistan, despite all the reasoning that the terrorists are being targeted, no one likes the US involvement and, at least these past four years have taught us that.

Allowing the expansion of drone strikes to Quetta would be the end of PPP, no doubt. Up until now they've dodged criticism by pointing fingers at Musharraf for allowing it to happen in the first place, but the expansion of strikes would be their own doing and their political death their own brought upon.

:toast_sign:Well US also has some gangs and ppl planning attacks may be Pakistan should also send in drones to take out these idiots in US territories ? Right ... US would be understanding we are only targeting bad ppl ? right how about we send in few F16 BLOCK 52 to take out these bad guys in US territories or how about them mexican drug lords how about Russia takes out few of them ??

Small but very influential group of Americans are against America I think..These private defence contractors always find ways to increase military spendings somehow>>either by increasing no. of drones; extending operational zones/time periods....so as to suck away much portion of US budget & cripple its economy...present signs already confirm this :coffee:

Correct me if i am wrong but the official position of Pak is that they have not authorized Drone Attacks. Now when FO say's they will not allow expansion
of drone attacks, does that mean they have tacitly accepted it now???

:sniper:I think the response should be , sure you can strike but we will also send in a few squadrons and they will also strike in people of interest in USA :cheers:

Well I mean really I just would like our politicians to ask the people face to face what US would think , idea of another nation droping bombs on their soil ?

and I think that should be answer enough for the idiot politicians in US

I think peopel of Pakistan we are really fed UP with these requests and demands -

I mean do what you want to do internationally put sanction whatever - but no more none sense in our backyard any attacker from Afghanistan comes in Pakistan F16 will take out Karzai's mansion

story4.gif

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom