cabatli_53

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
FNSS SAmur

syhk-prototip_02.jpg
syhk-prototip_01.jpg

Unique piece of machinery ... I wonder if this can be used by our army units -we do have alot of un even terrain , and always nice to have portable bridges to move supplies and units -

We do have alot of rivers and channels and cannals in Pakistan also on Indian border these babies might come in handy ....

I always tought that the tanks can just simply traverse over any water channels with ease with out sinking but I suppose tanks could get stuck in deeper areas of river

Pakistan has many Big rivers that need such bridges to transport heavey machinery/tanks/APC at the time of war. Like Jehlum, Chinab, Ravi etc. I always wonder how can we move our defense equipment across these huge rivers at the time of war when Bridges are the first target enemy tries to take. In such situations, heave left helicopters and such instant bridges would be needed. But it looks like it would be quite expensive and we might not be able to procure them in the number we need.

I have noticed one thing, Turks do not live with their flag, they breath with it. They are soo darn patriotic! Mashallah!

Anybody knows, How much would that will cost per unit !!!
We do need such vehicles, it will greatly improve our logistics and movement on the battlefields.

FNSS SAmur

syhk-prototip_02.jpg
syhk-prototip_01.jpg

So are these coming to Pakistan and how many ?? Or how many do you suggest to be inducted into the Army. These really are quite handy machines and could be used for many roles even like crossing those bridges that are blasted by the enemy so the others can't cross it.

So are these coming to Pakistan and how many ?? Or how many do you suggest to be inducted into the Army. These really are quite handy machines and could be used for many roles even like crossing those bridges that are blasted by the enemy so the others can't cross it.
Relax man, its just a prototype, even Turkish army didnt buy it yet...

We currently use bridge tanks that fitted Leopard1 chasis

Something like this:
LEO&

This is not an amphibious vehicle as you can see above...

Last edited:

After trials passed, 52 of them will be produced for Turkish army. Samur is designed to be able to carry the weights up to 70 tonnes...

Wow awesome stuff man... Turkey is always coming up with top class military equipment... God bless.

Thanks Turks. I am glad that Turkey is going on the right way and i want to ask you about the land vehicle Program that is your Automotive and Mechanical industry thats doing most of the work and if it is then Can you name and give some description about those industries/Co. and may be some pics

It looks cool and Modern than The Sarvatra, But you need Plenty of these to lay The bridge is it??? any videos?

How many Meters Bridge can it lay??? and In How Much time???

Well This is India's "Amphibious Floating bridge"

0571.jpg

bridge.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom