What's new

Flypast during Qatar National Day Hints at Doha's Interest in Pakistani JF-17

Thank you for confirming my suspicions, Turkey has fu*ked over China over Uighur issue and they don't like them anymore.
they are better then U they object both cause/issues and and GCC countries are not, and stick to the topic you pathetic troll

Thank you for confirming my suspicions, Turkey has fu*ked over China over Uighur issue and they don't like them anymore.
Thunder is a JV.
Myanmar and rohingya have been a hot topic, and yet in those times, thunders were sold to them but not by Pak, it was China. We were just getting a partner benefit.

Turkey can ask us to sanction egypt but can they ask the same to China ?

Nope...

God knows, maybe, in future, one of the GCC country might even ask for license production for their own mass procurements, so they can also help (this is just a table speculation and just a thought, nothing more).

Egypt might even load up spares... Engines are no problem for them as they are directly from russia and enjoy the commonality with MIG-35 engines.

Rest other things, will definitely be chinese origin for export purposes, not the Pakistani domestic radar, that is for sure !!!

jf17+egypt+military+photoshops-1.jpg

PL-15 is the shit
JF-17_PL-15.jpg

Flypast during Qatar National Day Hints at Doha's Interest in Pakistani JF-17
Our Bureau
11:17 AM, December 19, 2019

jf-17-in-_1576754151.jpg

A contingent of Pakistani JF-17 performed during the Qatar National Day Celebrations yesterday indicating of possible sale prospects to the Gulf state.

Images of the aircraft performing aerobatics were released by the Pakistani MoD.

The next iteration of the JF-17, the Block III, expected to come with an AESA radar together with improved weapons, communication and targeting capacity is said to be have interested several national including Malaysia, Qatar, Nigeria and some other nations in Asia and Africa.

The JF-17’s relatively low price and long service with the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) together with a good performance record is a huge attraction for national unwilling to spend big money on competing jets such as the F-16 or Saab Gripen.

In June of this year, PAF officials briefed Emir of the State of Qatar Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani about the JF-17 jet. The Emir of Qatar reportedly took "keen interest" in the multi-role fighter aircraft.

https://www.defenseworld.net/news/2...y_Hints_at_Doha_s_Interest_in_Pakistani_JF_17

With Rafale, Eurofighter, F-15 and Mirage-2000 in QEAF I don't know why Qatar would buy JF-17? They have enough financial resources to go for more of Western options.

PAF can barter with theior Mirage 2000 along some cash??????

If I remember correctly, we were trying to get those Mirages 10-15 years back and so were the Indians. The deal fell through for both the countries. I think we have come a long way now from Mirage-2000s, especially with JF-17 Block-III. Though, as a mid-to-long-term Mirage-III/V replacement solution, I wouldn't mind seeing PAF acquiring Qatari and UAE Mirages. French support might be a problem though with India buying Rafale.

@StormBreaker
So do you think Pakistan will sanction Egypt if a war with Turkey happens if it purchases JF-17?

I do not think Pakistan has the capacity to sanction anyone. But Pakistan's tacit and overt supports (whichever the state chooses) would be in favour of Turkey. If Egypt acquires JF-17 ToT, the likely scenario is that it would not require much of Pakistani assistance and would be largely self-reliant. In any case, there is the China route attached to JF-17 as well.

Last edited:
With Rafale, Eurofighter, F-15 and Mirage-2000 in QEAF I don't know why Qatar would buy JF-17? They have enough financial resources to go for more of Western options.

If I remember correctly, we were trying to get those Mirages 10-15 years back and so were the Indians. They deal fell through for both the countries. I think we have come a long way now from Mirage-2000s, especially with Jeff-17 Block-III. Though, as a mid-to-long-term Mirage-III/V replacement solution, I wouldn't mind seeing PAF acquiring Qatari and UAE Mirages. French support might be a problem though with India buying Rafale.
Hi,
The B can act as a very potent LIFT platform for any of such Air forces which already have top of the line fighter/s be it UAEAF, RSAF, QAF, TuAF.

That is why B was developed keeping customer demands in mind.

A trainer with 4.5 Gen capabilities and cheap, warproven

Hi,
The B can act as a very potent LIFT platform for any of such Air forces which already have top of the line fighter/s be it UAEAF, RSAF, QAF, TuAF.

That is why B was developed keeping customer demands in mind.

A trainer with 4.5 Gen capabilities and cheap, warproven

Hi;

I would be very uncomfortable with marketing JF-17B as a mere LIFT platform. Making and marketing it along the lines of Growler may be more attractive. But the question is, do the Gulf States require such a platform? The Gulf States buy the most advance aircraft out there, but this is mainly for prestige purpose. They do not appear to plan or prepare for complex airpower scenarios and may not be easily attracted to such a platform. Though, with their experience in Yemen, they should be looking into electronic warfare.

Firstly, Egypt is not likely to purchase JF-17 in my opinion, but if they do it will be through China. My impression is the relations between Egypt and Pakistan are neutral. They seem to be the only major Arab country whome Pakistan has never really had significant interactions on a defense level. Being the only heavily populated country, they dont rely on Pakistani troops for protection and they are more or less a economically in the same boat as pakistan so not much trade to do. When it comes to any potential war against Turkey, only Egyptian arrogance would lead to such a war. Turkey would not likely seek such a conflict and only its presence in Libya would be irritating to Egypts pride as they view libya as their neighborhood. If Egypt is foolish enough to try to attack turkish troops they will likely get wrecked as the Turks are better equipped in most regards and battle hardened in dealing with PKK. In any such conflict Pakistan would be officially neutral d/t GCC pressures, but there would likely be heavy back channepl support for Turkey. Should the JF-17 somehow find itsnway to EAF i would not be surprised if Pakistan relays methods to undermine it to TuAF.

If Egypt is foolish enough to try to attack turkish troops they will likely get wrecked as the Turks are better equipped in most regards and battle hardened in dealing with PKK. In any such conflict Pakistan would be officially neutral d/t GCC pressures, but there would likely be heavy back channepl support for Turkey. Should the JF-17 somehow find itsnway to EAF i would not be surprised if Pakistan relays methods to undermine it to TuAF.
It would never be a fair war between Egypt and Turkey. Greece, Israel, France, and others will probably get involved and crush Turkey by sheer numbers.

Im not getting the petty comments here. He hasnt said anything.

As for other states getting involved...my friend, despite what you believe France is unlikely to side with anyone. For one thing it would not be seen attacking a NATO member openly or even Tacitly. Secondly the trade between Turkey and france crosses $14bln whereas France and Egypt barely crosses $2bln. With respect to Greece, they have zero money. They are not getting into any conflict with anyone. Amd Israel isnt going to try and crosshalf the middle east to help egypt. They dont give 2 shits about egypt and while they are at odds with Turkey, the will not open hostility for egypts benefit. Younwould be officially on your own though with likely tacit support from GCC. Either way i dont think either Egypt or Turkey is stupid enough for such a conflict. It serves no purpose or goal for either country.

Back
Top Bottom