What's new

Flypast during Qatar National Day Hints at Doha's Interest in Pakistani JF-17

They bought 12 used Mirage 2000s in 2005 for just $67MM and stopped flying them in 2013 after the air frames had exceeded 10,000 hours.
They were always meant to be a temporary solution
Egypt also recently retired Mig-21 which means even more aircraft need to be replaced.

Egypt is also apparently operating Mig-21 still.
I mentioned as much in my post. Their numbers in operation though are unknown and probably already replaced by the purchases I mentioned. And if not fully replaced yet, they will replace them with more Migs or F-16s

Rafale. Also logically, do you think any country would fly M2000, F-16 and Mig-35 and then add in JF-17 just for the heck of it?
No, but we never thought that Egypt would have bought also those different aircraft in the first place. 24 Rafales is not enough to replace 75 aircraft, and there is no guarantee that Egypt will buy more.

Agree with this statement?

EAF F-16s are handicapped.

AESA/BVRAAM gap persists

Rafale/Migs are expensive to operate

Mirages, Mig21s need replacement.

No, but we never thought that Egypt would have bought also those different aircraft in the first place. 24 Rafales is not enough to replace 75 aircraft, and there is no guarantee that Egypt will buy more.

Agree with this statement?

EAF F-16s are handicapped.

AESA/BVRAAM gap persists

Rafale/Migs are expensive to operate

Mirages, Mig21s need replacement.
I dont want to argue over our differing opinions. I dont see them as a potential candidate but if you do and it happens, great for us. Fingers crossed.

Exactly, but I actually may not like JF-17 for Egypt on second thought. Future war will not be against Israel, but most likely against Turkey over Eastern Med and you know the relations between Egypt and Pakistan. Rather not be faced with more sanctions and Egypt purchase 100 more Migs for 5 billion USD.

DKp3mDqXUAMZItM.jpg

DPf4zWcW0AA1KCZ.jpg

well its your analysis and you may be right on your analysis..

as for sanctions from Pakistan during Egypt's war with Turkey. JF-17 is a joint project between China and Pakistan and China has its own share of technologies and policies to export JF-17.

If Egypt has done a deal with China with Chinese and Russian technology than Pakistan nothing to sanction.

Its unlikely that Pakistan will support a one-side during a war between two Muslim countries.

Well I hope your analysis is right as well, but rather be safe than sorry and I believe the best chance to be safe is Russia.
Interesting convo between you people. However, @New World @Philip the Arab , as you guys have mentioned the concern relating to Pak-Turk relation in case a war occurs between Egypt-Turkey, remember, Russia is selling to Egypt AS WELL AS Turkey and the collaboration with both countries of Russia will expand soon.
And why not Your Fucking Jordan is safe to live
Buddy, you could have said that without F word. And why so rude ? He didn’t say anything to Pak, Jordanians and Syrians are one of the most humble arabs in general !!!

No tard, Turkish tech is inferior and China won't let you access the source codes.

Best you keep your filth away from this forum? No one likes an imbecile coming around and spewing his self all over respected members. Toxic 11 year olds should have better places to spend their time at.

@The Eagle @waz could you please take care of him?

Last edited:
Interesting convo between you people. However, @New World @Philip the Arab , as you guys have mentioned the concern relating to Pak-Turk relation in case a war occurs between Egypt-Turkey, remember, Russia is selling to Egypt AS WELL AS Turkey and the collaboration with both countries of Russia will expand soon.
The cooperation with Russia and Turkey is increasing but in the long run they are still in NATO. Russia has been allied with Russia(and Soviet Union) for WAY longer than it was allies with Turkey(5 years) it will never ever sanction Egypt in a war with Turkey. I can't say the same about Pakistan, but China doesn't like Turkey anymore after Uighur things with soccer player, and UN.

Russia at least gave Egypt R-77, the first high performing BVR missile in service.

DKp3mDqXUAMZItM.jpg

Best you keep your filth away from this forum? No one likes an imbecile coming around and spewing his self all over respected members. Toxic 11 year olds should have better places to spend their time at.

@The Eagle @waz could you please take care of him?
Lmao, you would be naïve to think a country of 1 billion with over half a century of experience would be behind a country with 40 years of experience and a population of 100 billion.

The cooperation with Russia and Turkey is increasing but in the long run they are still in NATO. Russia has been allied with Russia(and Soviet Union) for WAY longer than it was allies with Turkey(5 years) it will never ever sanction Egypt in a war with Turkey. I can't say the same about Pakistan, but China doesn't like Turkey anymore after Uighur things with soccer player, and UN.

Russia at least gave Egypt R-77, the first high performing BVR missile in service.

DKp3mDqXUAMZItM.jpg

Lmao, you would be naïve to think a country of 1 billion with over half a century of experience would be behind a country with 40 years of experience and a population of 100 billion.
Buddy, NATO is weaker than ever. They have internal differences. Only an immediate war can bring back their former glory. Russia, China bloc has outbursting potential at the moment, NATO will shatter and shake.

It is really important for Turkey to maintain good with NATO for at least 5-6 more years, not fall into major dispute traps with USA.

Otherwise, turkey is a goner!!!

Turkey did the uiyghur thing in KL Summit was on purpose !!! It was to please the west and angry sam. They are realizing how stupidly they are playing.

@Mangus Ortus Novem thoughts and additions sir ?

Back
Top Bottom