What's new

First pictures of Azerbaijani Otokar Cobras

This is more of a police or peace keeping vehicle -- Iraq and Afghan IEDs make mince meat of Humvee and I suspect of these vehicles as well

Explosion tests 4:28

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info Cabatli, Could you please give a brieft comparison of the Otokar Cobra and the Otokar Akrep

It's a very nice presentation in turkish. I hope there is an english presentation of it as well.

Thanks for the info Cabatli, Could you please give a brieft comparison of the Otokar Cobra and the Otokar Akrep

Cobra is a light armoured vehicle. Turkish army uses Cobras for Land forces, While Akrep is mostly used by Police forces. Georgian army uses Cobra's for Police Forces. It is the requirements of different armies.

but Georgia made a tactical fault at Russian war. While Russian BMP's are covering the cities, Georgians tried to attack the Russian troops with Cobra's so Russian IFV's hit a Cobra with more than 20mm APB's and killed Georgian soldiers. At present, Russia army has 1 Cobra in their inventory or museum.

btvt04ii8.jpg

610xte5cg1.jpg

BTW, Protection level of Cobra's can be increased in accordance with costumer's demands. Slovenian Cobra's are more protected than standart Cobras Turkish-Georgian and Azerbaijani Armies uses...

dscn0128w-1.jpg

BTW, I do not know How many of you saw the Cobra's the live but Cobra is really sexy vehicle and looking more imposing and bigger than It is seen in pictures... Especially The front window designed highly aslope seen really interesting...

Back
Top Bottom