What's new

First made-in-Vietnam car rolls off Assembly line

you of course can have your plan or dream. But plan is plan, reality is reality. Yes, the China market is big; but the competition is also tough. You need to give Chinese customers convincing reasons not to buy Geely/SAIC/Greatwall/BYD/Baojun cars, but to buy a new vn brand.

BTW, when you want to sell the cars in China, at least make your logo changed. It looks almost identical to the logo of Chang'an (长安), which Chang'an has been using for more than 10 years.
View attachment 541343
Vietnamese cars are coming to superpower China, no matter you want or not. China and Vietnam have a free trade agreement.you must honor your commitment. Seriously bro, I hardly see any similarities between the logo. Unless you claim letter „V“ is a China trademark.

upload_2019-2-24_5-19-50.jpeg

Vietnamese cars are coming to superpower China, no matter you want or not. China and Vietnam have a free trade agreement.you must honor your commitment. Seriously bro, I hardly see any similarities between the logo. Unless you claim letter „V“ is a China trademark.

View attachment 541366
you can have your plan, that is your right. But you also need to be aware of the challenges or difficulties and make a full prepare. The two country has trade agreement. but in the end, it is the individial Chinese customers to decide which to buy.

maybe we can go back to this thread in two years to see how this brand sales.

the similarity of the two logos, it is not up to you nor me. the lawyers employed by Changan would have a better judgement on a possible sue or not.

Last edited:

View attachment 541366
OK, since you are so enthusiastic about this, let me give you an analysis: here in China, if a car want to charge premium prices, brand image e.g. Audi, BMW, and Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, or the alike, is essential, for a new car company from VN, even you put R&R component into it, in the eyes of an ordinary consumer here, it is shit. And then, if it wants to go the low end, it has to be cheap. For the ordinary brands, country of origin is important, let's set the price for Korean cars as 100, for cars with similar configuration, American car will be 110, Japanese 120, German could be 130, our domestic brands could range from 60~80. These are the price range expected. For cars from vn, sorry, it would be the cheapest of the cheapest, at least 1/3 cheaper than Chinese cars to have some sales here. For a CRV sized SUV with all features like ESC, etc., your price tag should be around $6,000... And still not sure people is gonna buy it, because you know what: the tag "a car company from vietnam" ruins everything.....

Last edited:
you can have your plan, that is your right. But you also need to be aware of the challenges or difficulties and make a full prepare. The two country has trade agreement. but in the end, it is the individial Chinese customers to decide which to buy.

maybe we can go back to this thread in two years to see how this brand sales.

the similarity of the two logos, it is not up to you nor me. the lawyers employed by Changan would have a better judgement on a possible sue or not.
Ok let’s Chinese consumers to decide if they want Vietnam cars or vice versa if Vietnamese want Chinese smartphones :tup:

OK, since you are so enthusiastic about this, let me give you an analysis: here in China, if a car want to charge premium prices, brand image e.g. Audi, BMW, and Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, or the alike, is essential, for a new car company from VN, even you put R&R component into it, in the eyes of an ordinary consumer here, it is shit. And then, if it wants to go the low end, it has to be cheap. For the ordinary brands, country of origin is important, let's set the price for Korean cars as 100, for cars with similar configuration, American car will be 110, Japanese 120, German could be 130, our domestic brands could range from 60~80. These are the price range expected. For cars from vn, sorry, it would be the cheapest of the cheapest, at least 1/3 cheaper than Chinese cars to have some sales here. For a CRV sized SUV with all features like ESC, etc., your price tag should be around $6,000... And still not sure people is gonna buy it, because you know what: the tag "a car company from vietnam" ruins everything.....
Sorry but I believe you have boarded a wrong train: unlike China carmakers, Vinfast builds quality car not cheap car. There are 7 more models soon available for the market. This one is nice, what you think?

upload_2019-2-24_8-30-20.jpeg

Or how about electric?

upload_2019-2-24_8-36-49.jpeg

Ok let’s Chinese consumers to decide if they want Vietnam cars or vice versa if Vietnamese want Chinese smartphones :tup:

Sorry but I believe you have boarded a wrong train: unlike China carmakers, Vinfast builds quality car not cheap car. There are 7 more models soon available for the market. This one is nice, what you think?

View attachment 541386
We know Japanese, Germans, or even Koreans now build quality cars... But WTF is vn??? You have not even sold a car? who knows you build quality cars?? Just by your boasting??? What a joke...
This type of concept car we got millions:

Last edited:
We know Japanese, Germans, or even Koreans now build quality cars... But WTF is vn??? You have not even sold a car? who knows you build quality cars?? Just by your boasting??? What a joke...
This type of concept car we got millions:
Those are models that will be produced not concept cars. Come on, the West has built cars since hundred years, waiting a year or two for VN cars doesn’t matter. How long have you built cars? You once used bycicles as mass transportation.

https://www.retailnews.asia/vinfast-announces-seven-new-car-models/

Those are models that will be produced not concept cars.

https://www.retailnews.asia/vinfast-announces-seven-new-car-models/
Cars on the PowerPoint slides all look like this...
You hire an Italian, pay him couple of million bucks, you got the design... But so what??? Quality cars from vn??? Give me a break...

And piece of info for you, we have been mass producing cars since 1950s...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hongqi_(marque)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hongqi_CA770
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai_SH760
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beijing_BJ212

Last edited:
I never thought there is VN cars.

I prefer Chinese brand NIO, aka "weilai" or "蔚来"
Ye I believe Vietnam has passed the phase of just production of bicycles. Thaco for example, the other carmaker produces Japanese and Korean cars in license.

upload_2019-2-24_14-23-19.jpeg

upload_2019-2-24_14-23-42.jpeg

and Thaco bus
Maybe Chinese want to buy some. The company exports bus to other countries in ASEAN yes even Taiwan and America.

upload_2019-2-24_14-25-40.jpeg

upload_2019-2-24_14-27-12.png

upload_2019-2-24_14-28-0.jpeg

upload_2019-2-24_14-30-4.png

Yes, it is indeed a joke now. I did not realize this car is priced that fuxking high. Such a small hatchback (Chevy Spark alike) needs $18k/RMB 120k. Are they mad? I'm not sure how the car price in Vietnam is. Unless a similar Toyota or Hyundai small car needs 2x of this price in Vietnam, so it could say "we have a competitive pricing against foreign players", otherwise who will pay for it?? I'm not sure how many patriotic vn people could have that amount of money, and more importantly willing to spend this amount of money on a new brand that new to the automobile industry? That's almost like "patriotic tax".

Some Chinese car price examples to show how ridiculous the vn car pricing is.
SAIC's Roewe i5, starting from RMB 60k, i.e. only half of the vn car price. But a much bigger sedan.
Roewe.jpg

Geely Binrui, starting from RMB 80k, i.e. only 2/3 of the vn car price. But a much bigger sedan
Geely.jpg

Greatwall Haval H6 SUV, starting from RMB 80k, i.e. only 2/3 of the vn car price. But it is a much bigger SUV with better driving joy.
Haval H6.jpg

Even foreign brands like Volkswagen/Honda/GM/Nissan has a much more reasonable pricing in China than this vn joke. For example:
- Volkswagen Polo, priced from RMB 75k, i.e. 2/3 of the vn one
- Chevy Sail, starting from RMB 60k.
- Honda Fit, starting from RMB 70k.

Sell this car to China? Yes, we respect you plan. But it can not change the truth that the so-called plan is nothing but a big joke.

I'm not sure how the company could be in 10years. But right now, its first batch product with such insane pricing, could only be called as JOKE.

Last edited:
To market this car to China, the manufacturer can put a Vietnam girl in a wedding gown in the car. It could imply that buying the car will get you a mail order VC bride.
Hahaha... I know. The Chinese car market is so competitive that if they used tactics like you suggested, they might have a chance.

You can’t compare with Bphone maker. That’s a small fish. Making cars is another scale. The price is high because Vinfast imports 45 percent of auto parts from Germany. If VN succeeds to lure German and other foreign suppliers to manufacture locally with lower taxes, car price will lower. That is expected to happen in the months and years to come. Imported BMW cars are much more expensive in VN because of luxury tax.

You can laugh on VN carmakers as you want. Remember of China carmakers 10 years ago.
People laughing at us 10 years ago opened our eyes, you should take it in that manner.

CH=full]541488[/ATTACH]
and Thaco bus
Maybe Chinese want to buy some. The company exports bus to other countries in ASEAN yes even Taiwan and America.
Man, stop this joke for God's sake...
China (all are Chinese companies) produce 60% of world's buses... Do you know Yutong, KingLong, World's 1st and 2nd largest bus manufacturers...
And BYD, the world's absolute leader for pure electric bus:

Last edited:
Yes, it is indeed a joke now. I did not realize this car is priced that fuxking high. Such a small hatchback (Chevy Spark alike) needs $18k/RMB 120k. Are they mad? I'm not sure how the car price in Vietnam is. Unless a similar Toyota or Hyundai small car needs 2x of this price in Vietnam, so it could say "we have a competitive pricing against foreign players", otherwise who will pay for it?? I'm not sure how many patriotic vn people could have that amount of money, and more importantly willing to spend this amount of money on a new brand that new to the automobile industry? That's almost like "patriotic tax".

Some Chinese car price examples to show how ridiculous the vn car pricing is.
SAIC's Roewe i5, starting from RMB 60k, i.e. only half of the vn car price. But a much bigger sedan.
View attachment 541502

Geely Binrui, starting from RMB 80k, i.e. only 2/3 of the vn car price. But a much bigger sedan
View attachment 541504

Greatwall Haval H6 SUV, starting from RMB 80k, i.e. only 2/3 of the vn car price. But it is a much bigger SUV with better driving joy.
View attachment 541503

Even foreign brands like Volkswagen/Honda/GM/Nissan has a much more reasonable pricing in China than this vn joke. For example:
- Volkswagen Polo, priced from RMB 75k, i.e. 2/3 of the vn one
- Chevy Sail, starting from RMB 60k.
- Honda Fit, starting from RMB 70k.

Sell this car to China? Yes, we respect you plan. But it can not change the truth that the so-called plan is nothing but a big joke.

I'm not sure how the company could be in 10years. But right now, its first batch product with such insane pricing, could only be called as JOKE.
18k is the price for Vietnam buyers. I expect the selling price for China is much lower.

Back
Top Bottom