What's new

First coronavirus death reported at Rohingya refugee camp in Bangladesh

Don't be like that Bhai, never forget one thing; our people were also persecuted and forced to live their lives as refugees.

Compassion is hard to find in the region, we shouldn't be like the others.

We should all be proud of our humanity and the heart shown by our country and leadership by taking these people in and sheltering them as they were facing genocide.

Our people also faced genocide and ethnic cleansing not all that long ago.

That being said, something must be done to resolve the situation, but forgive me for being realistic when I say : the rohingya are here to stay.

Until the situation in Rakhine state is conducive to the return of these Burmese nationals, we're going to have to shelter them.

Besides, even if the conflict in Rakhine ends, do you expect the baboon generals of Burma to take the Rohingya back just like that ?

The deplorable acts of violence carried out against the Rohingya didn't happen over night, they were a series of carefully planned and executed, state sponsored campaign of persecution and ethnic cleansing; Genocide.
I even doubt that the Burmese generals took into consideration that they might have to militarily confront Bangladesh one day when planning such a genocide.

If that is the case, then Bangladesh army should be cautious.

I even doubt that the Burmese generals took into consideration that they might have to militarily confront Bangladesh one day when planning such a genocide.

If that is the case, then Bangladesh army should be cautious.

Burma as we know it, won't continue exist post 2030s.

That country is a failed state.

Loaded with secessionist to boot, they're only delaying the inevitable.

I'm guessing at least 3 to 4 independent republics will form from the ruins of modern day Myanmar.

Once Beijing is done exploiting Naypyidaw, they will stop pulling the strings that keep Myanmar alive.

Besides the Chinese will reap the benefits of their investments irrespective of whether they're dealing with Naypyidaw or multiple new republics. Beijing is no fool.

Burma as we know it, won't continue exist post 2030s.

That country is a failed state.

Loaded with secessionist to boot, they're only delaying the inevitable.

I'm guessing at least 3 to 4 independent republics will form from the ruins of modern day Myanmar.

Once Beijing is done exploiting Naypyidaw, they will stop pulling the strings that keep Myanmar alive.

Besides the Chinese will reap the benefits of their investments irrespective of whether they're dealing with Naypyidaw or multiple new republics. Beijing is no fool.
Let's see. But it is difficult to say what will happen to Burma in the coming decade. See, Burma is similar to North Korea politically. Both are Pariah states with dictatorships and unrests. The global community don't know much about Burma.

Even most of the Bangladeshis would not have known that a country called Burma even exists if the Rohingya problem would not have happened.

So let's see.

Don't be like that Bhai, never forget one thing; our people were also persecuted and forced to live their lives as refugees.

Compassion is hard to find in the region, we shouldn't be like the others.

We should all be proud of our humanity and the heart shown by our country and leadership by taking these people in and sheltering them as they were facing genocide.

Our people also faced genocide and ethnic cleansing not all that long ago.

That being said, something must be done to resolve the situation, but forgive me for being realistic when I say : the rohingya are here to stay.

Until the situation in Rakhine state is conducive to the return of these Burmese nationals, we're going to have to shelter them.

Besides, even if the conflict in Rakhine ends, do you expect the baboon generals of Burma to take the Rohingya back just like that ?

The deplorable acts of violence carried out against the Rohingya didn't happen over night, they were a series of carefully planned and executed, state sponsored campaign of persecution and ethnic cleansing; Genocide.
Our people fought for survival, didn’t just sit in another country for decades and start making babies like rabbits, didn’t use another countries passport to go abroad and commit crimes. Didn’t start drug trade in the country they took refuge in...
if you had been to the camps you would see how unmotivated these people are to work or do anything to improve their situation, they’re freeloader baby boomers. While we fought for our objectives

Our people fought for survival, didn’t just sit in another country for decades and start making babies like rabbits, didn’t use another countries passport to go abroad and commit crimes. Didn’t start drug trade in the country they took refuge in...
if you had been to the camps you would see how unmotivated these people are to work or do anything to improve their situation, they’re freeloader baby boomers. While we fought for our objectives
These Rohingyas themselves knows that they cannot feed their children then why are they taking babies?

I think they are taking children intentionally to create more chaos. No sane person would pop out babies even during this crisis.

Fair point, but these people are treated than we back before '71, they aren't even allowed to get education.

So how do you expect them to know about birth control and contraception.

Retrospectively, it's often easy to say, we didn't have multiple children like them but truth be told we did.

Anyway, all of this is irrelevant, the rohingya are here to stay for the near future.

@Bilal9 @X-ray Papa - what are your opinions on the situation we find ourselves in with the unruly rohingya refugees stranded in Bangladesh.

Fair point, but these people are treated than we back before '71, they aren't even allowed to get education.

Retrospectively, it's often easy to say, we didn't have multiple children like them but truth be told we did.

Anyway, all of this is irrelevant, the rohingya are here to stay for the near future.

@Bilal9 @X-ray Papa - what are your opinions on the situation we find ourselves in with the unruly rohingya refugees stranded in Bangladesh.
The Rohingya situation and Bangladesh liberation war of 1971 is way different. Not even close.

1971 conflict was because Bengalis demanded a separate state. Meanwhile Rohingyas are fighting for rights in Myanmar.

Bengalis,even though refugees in India were educated and many of them became medical officers in the camp and freedom fighters. I personally know some uncle's who were refugees in India but they used to provide treatment facilities to other refugees which means Bengali refugees were not freeloaders.

In 1971 India personally fought Pakistan by sending Indian troops inside East Pakistan or Bangladesh when the Bengali refugee crisis became severe. However the Bangladesh army and the government is not being able to do a thing against the Burmese military.

The Rohingya situation and Bangladesh liberation war of 1971 is way different. Not even close.

1971 conflict was because Bengalis demanded a separate state. Meanwhile Rohingyas are fighting for rights in Myanmar.

Bengalis,even though refugees in India were educated and many of them became medical officers in the camp and freedom fighters. I personally know some uncle's who were refugees in India but they used to provide treatment facilities to other refugees which means Bengali refugees were not freeloaders.

In 1971 India personally fought Pakistan by sending Indian troops inside East Pakistan or Bangladesh when the Bengali refugee crisis became severe. However the Bangladesh army and the government is not being able to do a thing against the Burmese military.

That's true, the situation is different.

By the way, alot of our intellectual were murdered during the war; an act of cowardice. I wonder where we would be, if these intellectuals were still with us, working to better our country.

Firstly
1) they dont have a leader like us in 1971
2) they dont have a weapons supplier
The only way to solve the crisis is to create a country for them by this 2 choices
1) Armed them and send them to fight the burmese
2) We invade burma and create for them( since we are inside might as well break up the country)
But before we do that we should find a leader for them first.

We should follow the russian method on annexing and iranian method for proxy.
If there are other methods feel free to suggest.

Firstly
1) they dont have a leader like us in 1971
2) they dont have a weapons supplier
The only way to solve the crisis is to create a country for them by this 2 choices
1) Armed them and send them to fight the burmese
2) We invade burma and create for them( since we are inside might as well break up the country)
But before we do that we should find a leader for them first.

We should follow the russian method on annexing and iranian method for proxy.
If there are other methods feel free to suggest.
Bangladesh army since 1971 followed a military doctrine slanted towards defensive position and not for invasion unfortunately.

Both Bangladesh and Burma are not countries which can invade each other like India and other stronger countries.

Also there comes politics. Bangladesh does not have political leverage when it comes to Rohingya issue. Chances are bigger nations will be against BD's action against Myanmar.

Bangladesh army since 1971 followed a military doctrine slanted towards defensive position and not for invasion unfortunately.

Both Bangladesh and Burma are not countries which can invade each other like India and other stronger countries.

Also there comes politics. Bangladesh does not have political leverage when it comes to Rohingya issue. Chances are bigger nations will be against BD's action against Myanmar.
Thats why having a proper defense industry is important so that we wont have to depend on other countries . But we cant just keep quite, we also have to take care of our national security. If theres a threat at our border, we should do something about it and not ask the us or europe to do jack shit.

Thats why having a proper defense industry is important so that we wont have to depend on other countries . But we cant just keep quite, we also have to take care of our national security. If theres a threat at our border, we should do something about it and not ask the us or europe to do jack shit.
Yes I think Its time to not give a damn about what UN thinks and start fighting Burma.

Rohyngas will stay ofc. But they will continue to be burden and unwelcome. It’s only a matter of time that their whole lot will be forcefully shifted to that island. Keeping them in a tourist spot is unsustainable

These Rohingyas themselves knows that they cannot feed their children then why are they taking babies?

I think they are taking children intentionally to create more chaos. No sane person would pop out babies even during this crisis.
They’re having more sex to calm down from the stress induced by the Burmese.

Rohyngas will stay ofc. But they will continue to be burden and unwelcome. It’s only a matter of time that their whole lot will be forcefully shifted to that island. Keeping them in a tourist spot is unsustainable

Bashan char can only accommodate 250,000 at best.

Move them to sylhet I say, not as crowded as other parts of Bangladesh.

Build a huge camp with fences and guard towers and have them live in there, anywhere but in Chittagong division would be good.

Enforce harsh penalties on rohingya having more than 2 children, while making family planning services, contraceptives and condoms available for free.

Hell, when it comes to having one too many kids, I stop playing nice.

I don't care if it's a Bangladeshi or a Rohingya refugee, no one should be having that many kids. Send in BCL (Chattra league) if needed to harass all those with more than the stipulated amount of children.

Bashan char can only accommodate 250,000 at best.

Move them to sylhet I say, not as crowded as other parts of Bangladesh.

Build a huge camp with fences and guard towers and have them live in there, anywhere but in Chittagong division would be good.
Are you crazy? These bastards will run rampant throughout the country then.
If we’re to keep all 1 million of them then I see vashanchar being expanded and multistory buildings erected to house them.
Otherwise this still stands to be a source of contention for a conflict between bd and Burma in the future

Back
Top Bottom