What's new

first arjun now this, another catatrophy from DRDO

round and round---and round we go---
where we end up---nobody knows
D R D R D R Do ( it reads like---dee are dee are dee are dau )
Hooray Hooray Hooray Ho

The flag is flapping in the wind
We all are working for our beloved 'Hind'
So make the funding keep on rolling
And let the critics keep on trolling
'Make in India is the call'
So let's get together and stand tall

I got to feed my family too,
I cannot make it in a year or two
It will take a decade or two
Patience and virtue for you all
'Make in India is the call'
D R D R D R Do ( it reads dee are dee are dee are dau )
Hoorray Hooray Hoorray Ho

new.jpg

DRDO is actually Defence Research Disaster Organization.

It's filled with retired bureaucrats who don't have a bloody clue about research and development. There was a non-tech worthy who retired as deputy secretary for minorities who was put in an executive position in the DRDO hierarchy! Lol!

So what can one expect?

There was an article circulated in Chinese military sites a few years back. The article was originally written by a German MTU engineer who happened to work on both Type-96/Al-Khalid in China and Arjun in Indian. He compared engineers quality, corporate culture, and work ethic of both countries. It was a good read. It gives you some insights of DRDO.

I could not find the English version of the article, as original one could be in German. If any German members here could help find the English version, I think many members would be interested. @Hu Songshan, can you help find a German member who knows a bit of Chinese?

2015111908_3c3c776a9639d33e00f4DOS9f5P1IHtw.jpg

Here is a part of article in Chinese:

德国MTU工程师谈中国和印度的坦克发动机工业~~~~~

作者:艾伦·纽曼(德国MTU机械动力联合企业公司发动机整体部原设计工程师,2006年移居美国)

在我的工作经历中,给我印象很深刻的国家,并不是我的祖国,而是印度与中国。

德国MTU工程师谈中国和印度的坦克发动机工业~~~~~_307论坛_XCAR 爱卡汽车俱乐部

Last edited:
I don't understand your language bud
I said DRDO trying to develop nishant UAV for 20 years but failed miserably how can they build high tech Drones impossible they are just dummies.

Make in India Shadow M2

5dwm8200-uavs_3.jpg

:azn:
Are you sure this is made in India?
A Pakistani company exports uav of same name to USA.
DUE to not being good in geography, most Americans think Pakistan, Afghanistan, India and may be Tanganyika are one country. Do this may one of those case

There was an article circulated in Chinese military sites a few years back. The article was originally written by a German MTU engineer who happened to work on both Type-96/Al-Khalid in China and Arjun in Indian. He compared engineers quality, corporate culture, and work ethic of both countries. It was a good read. It gives you some insights of DRDO.

I could not find the English version of the article, as original one could be in German. If any German members here could help find the English version, I think many members would be interested. @Hu Songshan, can you help find a German member who knows a bit of Chinese?

2015111908_3c3c776a9639d33e00f4DOS9f5P1IHtw.jpg

Here is a part of article in Chinese:

德国MTU工程师谈中国和印度的坦克发动机工业~~~~~

作者:艾伦·纽曼(德国MTU机械动力联合企业公司发动机整体部原设计工程师,2006年移居美国)

在我的工作经历中,给我印象很深刻的国家,并不是我的祖国,而是印度与中国。

德国MTU工程师谈中国和印度的坦克发动机工业~~~~~_307论坛_XCAR 爱卡汽车俱乐部

Sir U mean this?I have deliberately not made changes in the wordings as there are dew instances which give doubling meaning if changed a bit.

German MTU engineers talk about China and India's industrial ~~~~~ Tank Engine

Author: Alan Newman (German MTU engine mechanical power joint venture company an integral part of the original design engineer, moved to the US in 2006) in my work experience, I am impressed countries, not my own country, but India and China.   These two countries, I have all worked there. Early on, I was responsible for the introduction of diesel power assist Chinese companies MTU tank systems. Where time, I was with my Chinese colleagues. Together for the Chinese to introduce production-line work, but daily busy. I am not a military strategist, but I am a technical design engineer. I know very well my duties. Chinese People's engine plant, manufacturing and production patterns, and even their daily life, have a very strict militarization color. We in the production or the development process, not speed quickly. We need to key parts of almost every period stopped, waiting for a review of the PLA to wear the rank of colonel and the acceptance of his supervisors, then you can say, "is the ultimate command." However, he is not an ordinary soldier, he, like me, is a tank of diesel power systems expert. Work here are very rigorous schedule, but you do not have what you need to do tomorrow? Away distressed. Workflow log form, will rest until that evening, sent to your hands. Accurate and very very efficient. I know Chinese people smart features, in the workshop, they do not need to manufacture my own hands, but to act as a preaching doctrine. The seven young Chinese technical personnel in obey my instructions. I can do the first test. Chinese people in arms production, before stringent than it is now, with caution. Even some cramped uncertain. Young must follow my instructions to complete their work has been arranged. This gives me a lot of pressure. I am a professional and technical personnel, is not a qualified manager. Thus, in the "command" period, I always make my own regret some mistakes, but they do not seem any comments dissatisfaction.   Chinese people's security system, in the military apparatus, is very appropriate. Their parts like Germany itself has a sound management system, the lack of time the computer is just too small, artificial lot. At that time the Chinese operation and management records, many are relying on people's handwriting to complete. Although I do not know who block fonts (Chinese) meaning. However, the front label is in accordance with German standard parts numbers later endorsed by the station number, production name, date, place library position number. In the last box, write the name of managers. It is worth noting that even a screw almost has his strict numbering system.Treasury management staff, must know that the number of those warehouse store numbers. And all of this is to rely on early labor. In the late Chinese military enterprises in the extensive use of the computer system. Staff seems to be improving the degree of labor. But they gave me a deep impression. They seem to be able to find out the wrong computer entry staff. They record the data inside the brain, but also more accurate than DBASIII database system. Almost no errors. In mid-month, they want to compete, the project mainly comparisons recording capability. 1 person say a part number, the study must answer within seconds his number, production date, station number, and the introduction or domestic sources, the undersigned. and many more! My mind can not so rich.   Overall, the Chinese military gave me the impression that objective, rigorous and regular. This is a composite of us who are in other European countries, known as: "the rigid German guy" of the German people's work habits. This is my biggest impression. In addition, behind only a noun for the Chinese people, not a verb.Thus, the first China-made diesel MTU885A, after the two sides inspection and test, quality products are fully qualified. In China and Pakistan jointly developed "Khalid" in the early stage of the development of India began to declare, "Arjun" main battle tanks. Indians and Chinese people take the same approach, almost imitate, India's own needs all parts can be produced. In the later development of the 1.1-megawatt diesel in India, without success. Therefore, we had to choose our MTU883B. And MTU883B our production line to give the Chinese people the original model. Not as good as the introduction of the Chinese people MTU885A performance MTU883B.   However, after we reached there, I saw the Chinese people are almost completely different scene. Indians do things, too assertive and superficial. They do not have the kind of rigorous modesty Chinese people's work habits, they are accustomed to catching up, but without any real power. They appoint technical staff, in fact, low technical capacity, simply contrast heaven and hell and the Chinese people gave me this impression. Indian management model is copy the Anglo-American form, but confusion and mistakes has become synonymous here. They did not exactly guarantee management system. No one seems to care about the development of parts and components.But the biggest difference is that the Indians seem difficult to communicate with me on our guard than their attitude of cooperation to be much larger. We were placed in high-end residential, there is simply no longer the venue. We just were ordered to bow to produce a part or develop a product, but we do not know that he would be used "tank" of the site. Some are guessing. My previous work experience almost, are abandoned. It works for me, just like DB language instruction is executed.   We power machinery, is a joint production with India. In the test repeatedly, test, there is a big power system is simply a serious problem. MTU883B is a medium-sized diesel engines, he is not suitable for installation on combat weight over 45 ton main battle tanks. The Chinese people use this engine is placed on the total weight of 40 tons of T79 / 69 tanks. Very reasonable. But Arjun initial data submitted by the Indian military is 45 tons. MTU883B power has exceeded the carrying capacity. The most frustrating is that the so-called production supervision India. They can muddle with illegible address some major problems. Torque is insufficient for the problem seems to be turning a blind eye, did not make the appropriate explanation reports. Such a machine out, weighing 50 tons placed on the chariot, the chariot of the body is assisted by Claudia · Maffei company design. Chariot pilot action carried out only one time, afterburner speed start time, nearly 15 minutes, hardly any motorized chariot can explain. MTU883B is a good motivation, but first he was given the ability to transcend their own body, and secondly, with the drive way with him, because of the adoption of our MTY12 type power transmission. However, the blind pursuit of the so-called Indians "all advanced." And the face of Pakistan, "Khalid" rate of progress, it is also greatly reduce test time.   This year, when I heard the Indian government officially announced the end of the message in the future development of main battle tanks, I think their decision was correct, but a decision is to late. Almost no one in the country to develop second generation tank capacity on an industrial basis, the first self-developed starting point, on positioning and overtake the German "Leopard IIA4" main battle tanks. But also on all of the advanced and body proportion. It is inconceivable folly. Panther tank, weight far beyond China and India, and even Russia. So he can get so protective.   Germany and India are different. In our there, our ordinary roads and railroad tracks, bridges and culverts carrying 60-ton tanks, it is possible. German designer is in accordance with the standard design. However, in India, and their 42-ton bridge carrying tanks is dangerous extent. How can the leopard II's body, to get their local community? In China, the Chinese people for their own basic industries, including construction. They are very clear. Chinese north-south span of considerable magnitude. Along with different climate. Therefore, the Chinese production of two kinds of people in different parts of China for chariot. But even China's most important 99 tanks, today did not reach the German 58-ton limit. The fast light tanks used by the South China T1962 model. Just 20 tons.   However, Chinese people are relying on their own to build T54 / T55 successes to come out. Their infrastructure, than India to perfect the system closer to us, more superior. Features and technical personnel, is smart and very strong stand. Acceptance and mix well. They are free to improve their car. Great freedom. This is the character of the Chinese character is a certain relationship with the Indians.   China and India in the development of the chariot, one is marching steady, heavy footsteps, and yet slow pace of progress. The other is a blind random running forward, ending naturally very clear. China currently developed 99 type tanks, the overall performance, beyond the former Soviet Union, has been comparable to the West chariot. The independent tanks in India, but in the year ended. This may be the fundamental difference between healthy and running around the Indian production environment Aqiongtanke

Sir U mean this?I have deliberately not made changes in the wordings as there are dew instances which give doubling meaning if changed a bit.

German MTU engineers talk about China and India's industrial ~~~~~ Tank Engine

Author: Alan Newman (German MTU engine mechanical power joint venture company an integral part of the original design engineer, moved to the US in 2006) in my work experience, I am impressed countries, not my own country, but India and China.   These two countries, I have all worked there. Early on, I was responsible for the introduction of diesel power assist Chinese companies MTU tank systems. Where time, I was with my Chinese colleagues. Together for the Chinese to introduce production-line work, but daily busy. I am not a military strategist, but I am a technical design engineer. I know very well my duties. Chinese People's engine plant, manufacturing and production patterns, and even their daily life, have a very strict militarization color. We in the production or the development process, not speed quickly. We need to key parts of almost every period stopped, waiting for a review of the PLA to wear the rank of colonel and the acceptance of his supervisors, then you can say, "is the ultimate command." However, he is not an ordinary soldier, he, like me, is a tank of diesel power systems expert. Work here are very rigorous schedule, but you do not have what you need to do tomorrow? Away distressed. Workflow log form, will rest until that evening, sent to your hands. Accurate and very very efficient. I know Chinese people smart features, in the workshop, they do not need to manufacture my own hands, but to act as a preaching doctrine. The seven young Chinese technical personnel in obey my instructions. I can do the first test. Chinese people in arms production, before stringent than it is now, with caution. Even some cramped uncertain. Young must follow my instructions to complete their work has been arranged. This gives me a lot of pressure. I am a professional and technical personnel, is not a qualified manager. Thus, in the "command" period, I always make my own regret some mistakes, but they do not seem any comments dissatisfaction.   Chinese people's security system, in the military apparatus, is very appropriate. Their parts like Germany itself has a sound management system, the lack of time the computer is just too small, artificial lot. At that time the Chinese operation and management records, many are relying on people's handwriting to complete. Although I do not know who block fonts (Chinese) meaning. However, the front label is in accordance with German standard parts numbers later endorsed by the station number, production name, date, place library position number. In the last box, write the name of managers. It is worth noting that even a screw almost has his strict numbering system.Treasury management staff, must know that the number of those warehouse store numbers. And all of this is to rely on early labor. In the late Chinese military enterprises in the extensive use of the computer system. Staff seems to be improving the degree of labor. But they gave me a deep impression. They seem to be able to find out the wrong computer entry staff. They record the data inside the brain, but also more accurate than DBASIII database system. Almost no errors. In mid-month, they want to compete, the project mainly comparisons recording capability. 1 person say a part number, the study must answer within seconds his number, production date, station number, and the introduction or domestic sources, the undersigned. and many more! My mind can not so rich.   Overall, the Chinese military gave me the impression that objective, rigorous and regular. This is a composite of us who are in other European countries, known as: "the rigid German guy" of the German people's work habits. This is my biggest impression. In addition, behind only a noun for the Chinese people, not a verb.Thus, the first China-made diesel MTU885A, after the two sides inspection and test, quality products are fully qualified. In China and Pakistan jointly developed "Khalid" in the early stage of the development of India began to declare, "Arjun" main battle tanks. Indians and Chinese people take the same approach, almost imitate, India's own needs all parts can be produced. In the later development of the 1.1-megawatt diesel in India, without success. Therefore, we had to choose our MTU883B. And MTU883B our production line to give the Chinese people the original model. Not as good as the introduction of the Chinese people MTU885A performance MTU883B.   However, after we reached there, I saw the Chinese people are almost completely different scene. Indians do things, too assertive and superficial. They do not have the kind of rigorous modesty Chinese people's work habits, they are accustomed to catching up, but without any real power. They appoint technical staff, in fact, low technical capacity, simply contrast heaven and hell and the Chinese people gave me this impression. Indian management model is copy the Anglo-American form, but confusion and mistakes has become synonymous here. They did not exactly guarantee management system. No one seems to care about the development of parts and components.But the biggest difference is that the Indians seem difficult to communicate with me on our guard than their attitude of cooperation to be much larger. We were placed in high-end residential, there is simply no longer the venue. We just were ordered to bow to produce a part or develop a product, but we do not know that he would be used "tank" of the site. Some are guessing. My previous work experience almost, are abandoned. It works for me, just like DB language instruction is executed.   We power machinery, is a joint production with India. In the test repeatedly, test, there is a big power system is simply a serious problem. MTU883B is a medium-sized diesel engines, he is not suitable for installation on combat weight over 45 ton main battle tanks. The Chinese people use this engine is placed on the total weight of 40 tons of T79 / 69 tanks. Very reasonable. But Arjun initial data submitted by the Indian military is 45 tons. MTU883B power has exceeded the carrying capacity. The most frustrating is that the so-called production supervision India. They can muddle with illegible address some major problems. Torque is insufficient for the problem seems to be turning a blind eye, did not make the appropriate explanation reports. Such a machine out, weighing 50 tons placed on the chariot, the chariot of the body is assisted by Claudia · Maffei company design. Chariot pilot action carried out only one time, afterburner speed start time, nearly 15 minutes, hardly any motorized chariot can explain. MTU883B is a good motivation, but first he was given the ability to transcend their own body, and secondly, with the drive way with him, because of the adoption of our MTY12 type power transmission. However, the blind pursuit of the so-called Indians "all advanced." And the face of Pakistan, "Khalid" rate of progress, it is also greatly reduce test time.   This year, when I heard the Indian government officially announced the end of the message in the future development of main battle tanks, I think their decision was correct, but a decision is to late. Almost no one in the country to develop second generation tank capacity on an industrial basis, the first self-developed starting point, on positioning and overtake the German "Leopard IIA4" main battle tanks. But also on all of the advanced and body proportion. It is inconceivable folly. Panther tank, weight far beyond China and India, and even Russia. So he can get so protective.   Germany and India are different. In our there, our ordinary roads and railroad tracks, bridges and culverts carrying 60-ton tanks, it is possible. German designer is in accordance with the standard design. However, in India, and their 42-ton bridge carrying tanks is dangerous extent. How can the leopard II's body, to get their local community? In China, the Chinese people for their own basic industries, including construction. They are very clear. Chinese north-south span of considerable magnitude. Along with different climate. Therefore, the Chinese production of two kinds of people in different parts of China for chariot. But even China's most important 99 tanks, today did not reach the German 58-ton limit. The fast light tanks used by the South China T1962 model. Just 20 tons.   However, Chinese people are relying on their own to build T54 / T55 successes to come out. Their infrastructure, than India to perfect the system closer to us, more superior. Features and technical personnel, is smart and very strong stand. Acceptance and mix well. They are free to improve their car. Great freedom. This is the character of the Chinese character is a certain relationship with the Indians.   China and India in the development of the chariot, one is marching steady, heavy footsteps, and yet slow pace of progress. The other is a blind random running forward, ending naturally very clear. China currently developed 99 type tanks, the overall performance, beyond the former Soviet Union, has been comparable to the West chariot. The independent tanks in India, but in the year ended. This may be the fundamental difference between healthy and running around the Indian production environment Aqiongtanke

Yes, this is the article, but this one seems to be a google machine translation version. Just don't know from which language it was translated.

As I said, in another Thread The Biggest issue for Pakistan :

THEY CELEBRATE INDIAN FIALURES ... More Than ... PLANNING THEIR OWN SUCCESS.

PS : The Day Pakistan Evene Designs ANY ONE OF THESE , You Can Bash DRDO :

- An ICBM ( Agni V , Inducted )
- An SLBM ( K 4 , 4+ Sucess Trials , under Induction )
- A Boomer ( INS Arhihant , Trials on )
- A Carrier ( INS Vikrant , Final Phase )
- A Hypersonic Missile ( Brahmos , Inducted)
- An ABM ( PAD / AAD , Under Induction of 2K range )
- A QBM ( Shaurya Missile , Inducted )
- A SAM ( Akash , Inducted )
- An AAM ( Astra , Under Trails )
- Naval Fighter ( NLCA , On Order )
- Supersonic Missile Killer SAM ( Barak 8 , Inducted )

And the list goes on and On and On..... ( The Above is the LIST OF ONLY SUCCESSFUL PROJECTS )

I said DRDO trying to develop nishant UAV for 20 years but failed miserably how can they build high tech Drones impossible they are just dummies.

Trying to develop, what? It was developed and deployed, the one that crashed was an old inducted platform.

Only thing in development is Rustom 1, 2, AURA.

ICkbgdV.jpg

webrustom-uav.jpg

rc79vFQ.png

He compared engineers quality, corporate culture, and work ethic of both countries. It was a good read. It gives you some insights of DRDO.

You can divide that in two, when you talk of the Indian context. Because the culture in public and Indian private firms is a case study in itself.

Trying to develop, what? It was developed and deployed, the one that crashed was an old inducted platform.

Only thing in development is Rustom 1, 2, AURA.

ICkbgdV.jpg

webrustom-uav.jpg

rc79vFQ.png
Army cancels the order even there is no good news for Rustom i or ii and India is asking Israel and US for UCAV.

Back
Top Bottom