What's new

Finns May Turn to Russia for Tactical Missile System

I'm a Finnish and I can say that headline is pure nonsense. Our military has been removing Russian missiles and other equipment from inventory since fall of Soviet Union, and they aren't planning to buy anything sophisticated again from our only potential enemy.

In past Western and Russian weapon systems were bought to show that we were "neutral" and didn't take sides with anyone, but there isn't any reason to do that anymore.

BUK-M1 is only Russian missile system what FDF uses and it was chosen back in mid-90's only because we got it free from Russians since they didn't have money to pay debts, but it will be replaced with NASAMS next year.

Last edited:
I'm a Finnish and I can say that headline is pure nonsense. Our military has been removing Russian missiles and other equipment from inventory since fall of Soviet Union, and they aren't planning to buy anything sophisticated again from our only potential enemy.

In past Western and Russian weapon systems were bought to show that we were "neutral" and didn't take sides with anyone, but there isn't any reason to do that anymore.

BUK-M1 is only Russian missile system what FDF uses and it was chosen back in mid-90's only because we got it free from Russians since they didn't have money to pay debts, but it will be replaced with NASAMS next year.

Probably next we will hear things about Sweden buying some Russian Missile or Tank....

Nordic Country, discounting Iceland (Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland) are all enemy of Ryssland. We knew about it and the Rysslander know about it too, both of us know we are the barrier between Ryssland and EU.

The only way we buy Ryssland arms is when Ryssland ran us over, and turn us against other EU states.

If money is an issue (Not to us Nordic, no) then we would probably go for Chinese system before turning to rysslander...So, this is nothing but a joke news.

they can think what they want their wallet thinks different, thats why you europeans are all lagging behind us, you suck at making weapons now and you refuse buying cheaper and better quality weapons from russia but instead obey your american overlords giving them tribute for their aging weapons.
Aging? When I joined the US Army....we had just replaced almost everything. (M1 , Bradley, Blackhawk, BDU's, SAW, M16A2, MLRS, Kevlar helmets instead of those old WW2 steel-pots.) Plus much more, not to mention USAAF and USN upgrades. (joined in '83). Almost all has been heavily up-graded or replaced since then. How are those T-72's coming along?

Hey tone down your Pride, people. You sound like little Hitlers, talking about the superiority of their race.

@senheiser, please Dude. Dont join any pissing contests here. Let them bark and meow. They are pets of Capitalism and victims of senseless consumption. :coffee:

I am surprised that there are some people treating this news seriously.

Maybe I should start a news saying US wanted to buy some Russian land missile and I may be able to get passed the joke phase :)

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom