What's new

Finland to close embassy in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bl[i]tZ

Reaction score
HELSINKI: Finland plans to close down its embassy in Pakistan during 2012 due to budgetary constraints, the Finnish foreign ministry said on Wednesday.

The decision to shut the mission in Islamabad was part of a bigger scheme to trim the Nordic country’s network of embassies, with closures also announced in Caracas and Manila. Foreign ministry undersecretary of state Peter Stenlund told reporters the Pakistan closure was also partly due to security concerns in the capital. Pakistan’s foreign ministry said it had been informed of the decision.

“They (Finland embassy) have conveyed to us officially that they are doing so because of budgetary constraints and cost-cutting,” foreign ministry spokesman Abdul Basit told reporters. afp

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

:wave:

Main reason is financial constraint, the security concern is unfounded, as Finland said they wish to reopen the embassy "as soon as possible" possibly in a few months. The fact that some are getting excited shows their desperation.

In Pakistan People barely know that there is a country in the world called Finland and nobody goes there so there wasn't much point of an Embassy in Pakistan..
Thats good that one more security liability for Pakistani security forces is going.

Wow, Indians are trolling. It does not matter to us Pakistanis, let them close their embassy.

More like Finland is an unimportant country to Pakistan.

Pakistan is an unimportant country to Finland, so they are closing the embassy.
Likewise Finland is nobody for Pakistan as Pakistan has next to none financial interests there.

lol, closing embassey because of financial contraint, i thought finland to be some important country considering its the neighbour to swedwn and norway

nokia is finnish company :woot: i cant believe this

Only if you withdraw your embassy out of Helsinki. Till then...

Pakistan is not as tight arsed as Finland and can spend some money in a desolated Frozen country..no matter how useless that may be.

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

nokia is finnish company :woot: i cant believe this

70% of Finnish Bugdet comes from Nokia.

i thought pakistan was the strategic center of the world and was the most important country in themilky way from the posts of pakistani here....now finland is closing down its embassy for saving few euros...unbelievable..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom