What's new

Final trials of fully integrated Arjun Mark II tanks in August

after getting this one ready , DRDO should work on AUTOLOADER version , that would weigh less.

after getting this one ready , DRDO should work on AUTOLOADER version , that would weigh less.

There is also the risk of reducing the rate of fire. I don't support that approach - especially
when the tank is big enough to accommodate 4 people comfortably.

Well done DRDO improving
Now HAL should take some lessons & Speed up LCA & LCA mk 2

Ok all summer, winter and rainy season trials are over with Mark-1A :tup:
I just hope they don't repeat all these trials with integrated platform.

Arjun Mark I and Arjun Mark II

arjun_mk_1_f1_by_arkem8-d5sbzhm.jpg

arjun_mk_2_mbt_by_arkem8-d5sjm5a.png

Why is there no ERA ON RIGHT SIDE OF FRONTAL ARC?
Also doesn't depict NERA on sides or slat armour package to rear.

There is no ERA on the front right corner of the turret because of the presence of the weapons locating radar. And l,yes, there is a pressing need for slat armour on the rear of the tank to protect against RPGs and the like.

We need Mass produce it in many folds. Our Army must be told to live with it or Die. Only then we can attain Arjus's Full advantage.

There is no ERA on the front right corner of the turret because of the presence of the weapons locating radar. And l,yes, there is a pressing need for slat armour on the rear of the tank to protect against RPGs and the like.

Can't the weapon locating radar be relocated?I don't see any other tanks with radar on their frontal arc.

Can't the weapon locating radar be relocated?I don't see any other tanks with radar on their frontal arc.

I couldn't tell you that sir- I'm not involved in the designing of the Arjun!! I'm sure that, in this case the benefits outweigh the costs (wrt placement of the radar).

VIJY9268-783822.JPG

The Arjun Mk.II main battle tank made its debut at India's 65th Republic Day Parade today. Incorporating over seventy improvements over the Arjun Mk.I, the improved variant is in a final phase (hopefully) of user trials, according to the DRDO. In a statement put out yesterday, the DRDO stated, "Arjun Mark II incorporates enhanced firepower with Automated Target Tracking and greater variety of ammunition including Gun-fired anti-tank missile and the devastating Thermobaric ammunition; enhanced protection that include Explosive Reactive Armor, Laser Warning come Countermeasure System, a Mine Plough, a Remotely operable Anti-Aircraft weapon, a Roof mounted driving seat; Advanced Land Navigation System and Enhanced night vision capabilities."

Livefist: India's Arjun Mk.II Debuts At Republic Day 2014

Back
Top Bottom