What's new

Fights, bites, protests at China's national 'Olympics'

Sport are highly competitive, sometimes athlete can get carried away.

Of the incidents reported, I do not see what the big deal is. Someone is trying hard to make mountain out of molehill here.

FYI, the following is a news item at the national games about a girl that has decided to abandon her race in order to save a competitor in trouble,
Windsurfer saves rival from drowning at China's National Games | South China Morning Post
Hao Xiumei, a first-time competitor at the National Games representing team Liaoning, fell into the water during the first round of the women’s RS:X sailing competition on Tuesday, her coach revealed. Strong winds carried her surfboard hundreds of metres away and Hao was seen struggling in the water alone, reports said.

Concerned about Hao's plight, 20-year-old Ma Jiao, from Sichuan, abandoned the race and jumped into the water to rescue Hao.

A Liaoning coach told Chinese media Hao was suffering from cramps after she fell into the water. “She was saved thanks to the selfless help of Ma Jiao, ” said team Liaoning in an open letter of appreciation.

图文:帆船女选手全运会弃赛救人

Her selfless act has been widely reported in the national media, including CCTV.

The relevant sport authority has awarded her the title "Finest athletes" and exceptionally recruited her into the national team.

Am I surprised? Nope! This just reflects the Chinese mindset in general! The means adopted to achieve the end doesn't matter. Cutthroat-ism fair or foul is par for the course, with some exceptions that are few and far between! What else do you expect from a society bred on communism?

Had this event been held in a India there would have been gang rapes and bestiality instead of biting.

Had I make one comment something like you do, Indian members would have rebuked me and forced me to delete my comment. You have not been ragged in colleges I presume? Kindly refrain from comments which are in bad taste and irrelevant.

Am I surprised? Nope! This just reflects the Chinese mindset in general! The means adopted to achieve the end doesn't matter. Cutthroat-ism fair or foul is par for the course, with some exceptions that are few and far between! What else do you expect from a society bred on communism?

It look like a capitalist problem in my eyes.

I wonder if you know about the communism?

What is cricket? Never saw it in the Olympic Games, in my childhood,we used to play crickets fight for fun and I really had a good one.

goldtally.jpg

Indians may think that our national games suck,in some way,they do,cause no people really care about those games.people are more interested in international sports arena where Chinese athletes compete with other top level competitors.

We successfully hosted 2008 Olympic games,which I think India won't be capable of organizing anything close to it in at least 2 decades.

4IS7V77G09T20074.jpg

200808090026586a9ae.jpg

4IRQBNMD09T00074.jpg

4IRR5QVA09T00074.jpg

4IS1AR2P09T00074.jpg

4IS3MLSC09T00074.jpg

4IS5PUKU09T10074.jpg

^
Another China vs India comparison again...

Let's have more mature discussion please!

If the spirit of Chinese athlete in the London Olympic is the same as shown as above, I don't think China will lose to US.

That was so embarrassing and disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom