What's new

Fighter Jet Fuel Tanks Were Dumped On Vietnam Farmers 40 Years Ago...Wait till you See What They Did

Levina

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Fighter Jet Fuel Tanks Were Dumped On Vietnam Farmers 40 Years Ago. Wait till You See What They Did.

During a war, more than just the politicians and soldiers are affected by the fighting. Take these farmers in South Vietnam, for example. During the Vietnam war, fighter jets would be constantly flying over the countryside. Military tactical jet planes rely on the JP-8 fuel that’s loaded into external fuel tanks, but once that fuel is used, they are jettisoned to reduce overall weight of the plane.

Hopefully none of the empty tanks hit innocent people or their property… but where did those fuel tanks go?

The large fuel tanks were dumped onto the countryside by USAF jets so that they could maneuver better, protecting the pilots.

imgur.com
Those fuel tanks scattered throughout the country were eventually recovered and repurposed.

theaviationist.com
The citizens of Vietnam transformed them into makeshift canoes.

imgur.com
To our surprise, they seem to be perfectly suited for water travel.

theaviationist.com
Luckily these citizens were able to use the cast-off fuel tanks once the Vietnam war was over and they weren’t just littering their countryside.

Source: theaviationist.com

Just imagine looking up and seeing a giant fuel tank speeding towards your head. I doubt they were thinking “CANOE!” but when life hands you lemons…make a canoe.

Fuel Tanks Jettisoned by US Air Force During Vietnam War are Now Canoes

I have seen pics of villagers in Rajasthan using aircraft tyres as wheels for bullock carts.

Fighter Jet Fuel Tanks Were Dumped On Vietnam Farmers 40 Years Ago. Wait till You See What They Did.

During a war, more than just the politicians and soldiers are affected by the fighting. Take these farmers in South Vietnam, for example. During the Vietnam war, fighter jets would be constantly flying over the countryside. Military tactical jet planes rely on the JP-8 fuel that’s loaded into external fuel tanks, but once that fuel is used, they are jettisoned to reduce overall weight of the plane.

Hopefully none of the empty tanks hit innocent people or their property… but where did those fuel tanks go?

The large fuel tanks were dumped onto the countryside by USAF jets so that they could maneuver better, protecting the pilots.

imgur.com
Those fuel tanks scattered throughout the country were eventually recovered and repurposed.

theaviationist.com
The citizens of Vietnam transformed them into makeshift canoes.

imgur.com
To our surprise, they seem to be perfectly suited for water travel.

theaviationist.com
Luckily these citizens were able to use the cast-off fuel tanks once the Vietnam war was over and they weren’t just littering their countryside.

Source: theaviationist.com

Just imagine looking up and seeing a giant fuel tank speeding towards your head. I doubt they were thinking “CANOE!” but when life hands you lemons…make a canoe.

Fuel Tanks Jettisoned by US Air Force During Vietnam War are Now Canoes
I wonder how they managed to cut them into the perfect shapes?

fuel tanks big enough to float two, three viets? guess how many viets they burned to ashes when they first landed!

0, fuel tank don't explode on impact...
Fuel was bled from that tank before they were dumped

Ps, May crush someone to death tho, but definitely not from burning

Updating pictures which are missing from the original post.

sa9v6FE.png

Fuel-tank-1.jpg

Fuel-tank-2-685x513.jpg

8PbisZI.png

Very ingenious! I bet the streamline shape gives terrific cruise comfort. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom