What's new

FIFA World Cup 2022

Argentina and the Dutch look strong to me. France too.

I vote for Brazil and Germany. Portugal is my third. Portugal has a strong line up. I hope Brazil wins it this time around. I have always been a staunch Argentina supporter.

Lmfao Qatar is so bad...

They don’t even have an attack and their striker is a chuttiya...

I think it is nerves. Expectations are too high. This team actually won the Asia cup and beat Japan. Equador is a tough opponent. Very physical. Even Argentina and Brazil often have difficulty beating Equador. Equador is very dangerous in set pieces.

I do agree that a few players look out of sort and need replacement.

Last edited:
I vote for Brazil and Germany. Portugal is my third.

I think it is nerves. Expectations are too high. This team actually won the Asia cup and beat Japan.

I do agree that a few players look out of sort and need replacement.

I’m only watching second half for valencia hat trick.

Qatari striker had a chance at end of first half. Cross was given to him on a golden platter but he’s a chuttiya. They lose.

Also Qatari conditioning might be shit. Not sure. I know Ecuador team practice in mountains and have superior stamina even against most other teams.

I’m only watching second half for valencia hat trick.

Qatari striker had a chance at end of first half. Cross was given to him on a golden platter but he’s a chuttiya. They lose.

Also Qatari conditioning might be shit. Not sure. I know Ecuador team practice in mountains and have superior stamina even against most other teams.

The last attack by Qatar in the 1st half was offside. From what I understand, this Qatar team has played in various tournaments around the world. In the US, Europe and South America. They have played against good opponents in the last few years. They are not entirely shit. Qatar has an academy called aspire in Belgium and they have scouted players through that channel.

I agree. The conditioning and fitness level doesn't seem good. The keeper also made a nervous start.

Last edited:
Qatar are totally sh$t

cant wait for England vs Iran

Iran beat USA back in 1998 in France

Qatar losing too much posession. They can't keep the ball for too long in the team when pressure is applied. I fear for Qatar when they play The Netherlands and Senegal. Equador has scored two early goals. They have toned down. They don't want injuries.

It would be nice to see how Saudi Arabia, Iran and Morocco play. Especially Morocco has a good attacking team with Hakim Ziyech. The defence is the weakest link for Morocco.

Last edited:
Sad for him...

1668966241326.png

Last edited:

What did this guy do?

Qatar losing too much posession. They can't keep the ball for too long in the team when pressure is applied. I fear for Qatar when they play The Netherlands and Senegal. Equador has scored two early goals. They have toned down. They don't want injuries.

It would be nice to see how Saudi Arabia, Iran and Morocco play. Especially Morocco has a good attacking team with Hakim Ziyech. The defence is the weakest link for Morocco.

Lmao. Qatar so bad bro. No attack. 0 shots on target.

What did this guy do?

Lmao. Qatar so bad bro. No attack. 0 shots on target.

Tomorrow's match is interesting Iran versus England. Iran have a few good players. Jahanbakhsh plays for Feyenoord in The Nederlands.

Senegal will give the Dutch a tough time I think. Too bad Sadio Mane got injured and isn't playing for Senegal.

I bet 30k dollars on Qatar winning opening match. Any takers?

:D

So I was considering taking you up on that knowing a little how below average Qatar is and how strong Ecuador is with their two big guys. But $30K is a little too rich for my blood and I of course as Muslims we can't bet so I was thinking what an opportunity this would've been. BUT, had I lost looool, I would've had to go underground! :D Just kidding.

So where is the controversy, here? I know and have read many of you fellas talking about the balls for the world cup being made in Pakistan, anyone know why this site claims all the Adidas balls for this tournament are made in Egypt? Is there maybe a joint venture or are they lying?

1668986641615.png

So I was considering taking you up on that knowing a little how below average Qatar is and how strong Ecuador is with their two big guys. But $30K is a little too rich for my blood and I of course as Muslims we can't bet so I was thinking what an opportunity this would've been. BUT, had I lost looool, I would've had to go underground! :D Just kidding.

So where is the controversy, here? I know and have read many of you fellas talking about the balls for the world cup being made in Pakistan, anyone know why this site claims all the Adidas balls for this tournament are made in Egypt? Is there maybe a joint venture or are they lying?

View attachment 899103

Not sure about the balls, but the reason I jokingly was making the bet was because I had read Qatar was bribing Ecuador to throw the match... :lol:

Qatar hosting the World Cup is a bit of joke really. Of all 20 + Arab countries, somehow the smallest Arab nation (there are just around 300.000 native Qataris) got it? A country that until their Asian Cup win against Japan in 2019 (credit where credit is due) had little or no football heritage?

Also to call it an Arab World Cup is a bit of a joke too when Arabs, if Arab expats are included, don't even make up 1/3 of the total population of Qatar.

Which is why you have those hordes of Bharti (mostly from Kerala) football fans that apparently are fans of every single team participating.:lol:

Anyway no doubt that the stadiums, infrastructure etc. is top class and that the Qataris should be able to become great hosts when the tournament ends.

First time that a World Cup has been hosted in such a small nation and with so few geographic distances. Normally there are huge geographical distances between host cities.

For instance in 2026, Canada, USA and Mexico are going to co-host the World Cup. Talk about enormous geographic distances between the host cities.

Not sure about the balls, but the reason I jokingly was making the bet was because I had read Qatar was bribing Ecuador to throw the match...
:lol:

It was apparently a fake accusation by some disgruntled Bahraini journalist. Bahrain and Qatar apparently have some stupid beef that goes way back. Qatar is accusing Bahrain of occupying some Qatari islands. Or the other way around.

I was surprised to learn that this is the case.

@Gomig-21

Why is Al Rihla sourced to two countries?

Masood said match balls are always sourced to more than one supplier.

“It is a big event and brands don’t want to put all the eggs in one basket. If something happens, then there is a backup.”

https://www.brecorder.com/news/40209781

Qatar hosting the World Cup is a bit of joke really. Of all 20 + Arab countries, somehow the smallest Arab nation (there are just around 300.000 native Qataris) got it? A country that until their Asian Cup win against Japan in 2019 (credit where credit is due) had little or no football heritage?

Also to call it an Arab World Cup is a bit of a joke too when Arabs, if Arab expat are included, don't even make up 1/3 of the total population of Qatar.

Which is why you have those hordes of Indian (mostly from Kerala) football fans that apparently are fans of every single team participating.

Anyway no doubt that the stadiums, infrastructure etc. is top class and that the Qataris should be able to become great hosts when the tournament ends.

First time that a World Cup has been hosted in such a small nation and with so few geographic distances. Normally there are huge geographical distances between host cities.

For instance in 2026, Canada, USA and Mexico are going to co-host the World Cup. Talk about enormous geographic distances between the host cities.

Why can’t you Araps ever be happy for eachother?

Is it an ego thing, or are you just all naturally jealous beoble?

I know UAE azz is on fire and they are behind all the negative press Qatar is getting.

Also to call it an Arab World Cup is a bit of a joke too when Arabs, if Arab expats are included, don't even make up 1/3 of the total population of Qatar.

Which is why you have those hordes of Bharti (mostly from Kerala) football fans that apparently are fans of every single team participating.:lol:

It was apparently a fake accusation by some disgruntled Bahraini journalist. Bahrain and Qatar apparently have some stupid beef that goes way back. Qatar is accusing Bahrain of occupying some Qatari islands. Or the other way around.

I was surprised to learn that this is the case.
For the Qataris this is about Diplomacy. But for long term benefit, for their sake they better have a plan for long term sporting engagement with the world, because these stadiums will go to waste once the games are over.

Hosting other regional sporting events maybe a good plan for long term sustainability.

Btw, the numbers of visitors over the next month will be a good barometer of how many and what kinds of foreigners are willing to come to Qatar despite all the bad press and cultural difference.

Back
Top Bottom