What's new

FIA immigration officer suspended over alleged harassment at Karachi airport

He is quite young and upon seeing young lady he tried his luck with a jokingly manner but he f@cked up his job.

You know that's not how it happened. You know it had to have crossed a certain limit for her and the people around to notice and report it. There are ways of approaching a girl without harassing her. Especially in a country as sensitive as Pakistan on the matter.

Some relative has to visit Dubai and the Visa she received also included a 2-3 page questionnaire which require contact details such as mobile and landline numbers. This is to contact the relative in the eventual disclosure of exposure to some virus/disease. This way the authorities can inform the relative and advise on precautions/necessary actions etc.

The person SHOULD have provided her own contact details; if she is big enough to travel alone, she is big enough to share her contact details with the authorities. The only thing inappropriate here is the manner/conduct of the Officer. And as per the details, he was merely being friendly, too friendly. Nothing for which he should be punished but rather counseled to be careful in the future.

Some relative has to visit Dubai and the Visa she received also included a 2-3 page questionnaire which require contact details such as mobile and landline numbers. This is to contact the relative in the eventual disclosure of exposure to some virus/disease. This way the authorities can inform the relative and advise on precautions/necessary actions etc.

The person SHOULD have provided her own contact details; if she is big enough to travel alone, she is big enough to share her contact details with the authorities. The only thing inappropriate here is the manner/conduct of the Officer. And as per the details, he was merely being friendly, too friendly. Nothing for which he should be punished but rather counseled to be careful in the future.

Yup .. This over the top punishment was unnecessary.

In case if you guys don't know the name of the officer: Sanjay.
And the girl was in Pakistan for medical treatment. It is my feeling that she also belonged to the same Maheshwari community of Sindh.
I wrote it here because may be some day a gang of Indian newspapers come forward and write : Hindu girl harrased at Pakistani Airport.

In 2019, multinational Chinese companies came to Karachi, for the annual exhibition. I was there at the airport to recieve particular participants of a Chinese company. About 2 hours late, they came out. I asked what happened, why so late?

They replied that they were taken in a ROOM where there were NO CAMERAS and asked for BRIBE MONEY DIRECTLY, to let them go. They initially refused having all proper documents in hand. But later gave up and had to pay otherwise they were not letting them go.

I complained to the CITIZENS PORTAL BUT NOTHING HAPPENED.

Good work, this kind of bad apple tharkis should be sent back home. Imagine if he asked this to any foreigner? what impression it would have on them about Pakistanis?

In 2019, multinational Chinese companies came to Karachi, for the annual exhibition. I was there at the airport to recieve particular participants of a Chinese company. About 2 hours late, they came out. I asked what happened, why so late?

They replied that they were taken in a ROOM where there were NO CAMERAS and asked for BRIBE MONEY DIRECTLY, to let them go. They initially refused having all proper documents in hand. But later gave up and had to pay otherwise they were not letting them go.

I complained to the CITIZENS PORTAL BUT NOTHING HAPPENED.
It is such incidents that make things highly volatile. Then a mere "joke" triggers the defensive mechanism.

same happened to my cousin

shes 25, was travelling alone from lhr to heathrow, the FIA asshole took her number from form and started whatsapping her ,, random bakwaas

these FIA are the most corrupt in pakistan

same happened to my cousin

shes 25, was travelling alone from lhr to heathrow, the FIA asshole took her number from form and started whatsapping her ,, random bakwaas

these FIA are the most corrupt in pakistan
Sir I was giving a benefit of doubt to this official. But your information and the one shared by ACE OF HEARTS has only further bolstered my belief that these people are abusing their power and position and the "joke" is a lame excuse to escape a situation if ever they mess up.

I am sorry I forgot to add one fact to the details of this news.
When the girl wrote her father`s number and said this number is fine, the official replied if he was to visit Bahrain, how is he supposed to contact her?

He was clearly clingy and getting too personal.

A much better way to say this would have been , "how would the FIA officer feel if someone had asked his sister or daughter or mother the same question?"

While it may not have been your intent, your comment makes it appear like you want to fix one wrong by calling for the same thing to be done to someone else, which is not acceptable.

I stand corrected Sir. I'm a pathan, gharelu jhagre par bhi ek dusre par pehle RPG chala dete hain phir consequences ka sochte hain.
On a serious note, I encourage naming and shaming these people in public and expose them on social media. Who ever recorded this video gets a thumbs up from me. :enjoy:

In case if you guys don't know the name of the officer: Sanjay.
And the girl was in Pakistan for medical treatment. It is my feeling that she also belonged to the same Maheshwari community of Sindh.
I wrote it here because may be some day a gang of Indian newspapers come forward and write : Hindu girl harrased at Pakistani Airport.

Well spotted 👍 The eagle-eyed among us can see his name badge clearly in the vid. He may have had a genuine reason to request her number for official purposes, but did get a bit too relaxed and lost his professionalism in the process. However I don't think he should be demonised based on this one vid.

Well spotted 👍 The eagle-eyed among us can see his name badge clearly in the vid. He may have had a genuine reason to request her number for official purposes, but did get a bit too relaxed and lost his professionalism in the process. However I don't think he should be demonised based on this one vid.
Just to keep to Pakistans position clear.

just a young man looking to get the girl's number, doesn't seem all that nefarious based on that short video.

Back
Top Bottom