What's new

FGFA/T-50/PAK-FA problems

nvKyleBrown

Reaction score
Country
United States
I read this article earlier today, which implies that India has cut off further funding to Russia on the FGFA project.
Russia's Stealth Fighter Is in Serious Trouble | RealClearDefense

Has anyone read/heard anything from another source on this? I've read previously that the project was in dire financial straits, and that Russia had cut back from 52 to 12, but this is the first suggestion I've read that India may be out $5 billion with nothing substantial to show for it.

5 billion more investment is needed. will Russia let India have more access to the project??

India might regret not getting the F-35 by 2020

About: Fast Facts: Cost | F-35 Lightning II

An F-35A purchased in 2018 and delivered in 2020 will be $85 million, which is the equivalent of $75 million in today’s dollars.

India indigenous supercarriers with EMALS and F-35A would be a deadly combo.

Last edited:
I read this article earlier today, which implies that India has cut off further funding to Russia on the FGFA project.

Has anyone read/heard anything from another source on this? I've read previously that the project was in dire financial straits, and that Russia had cut back from 52 to 12, but this is the first suggestion I've read that India may be out $5 billion with nothing substantial to show for it.

It's basically a bunch of crap. Russia would never order just 12 fighters, it's not worth the cost and time, Sukhoi would lose money if only 12 orders were placed. Russia can afford multi billion dollar submarines but we are to believe they can not afford the pak-fa?

If the 12 fighter figure is correct it is talking about the initial production batch that gets sent out for operational testing and familiarization. All fighters have flaws even when they are put into production, example f-22. A batch of 12 fighters is large enough for training and discovering any flaws in the design that was not caught during flight testing but not large enough to cause any major cost overruns if there is a problem, with an initial order of 12 fighters if there is problems it will be cheap and easy to fix as apposed to putting out 200 fighters that then need to be sent back to the factory for rework.

if the US and Russia was on better terms it would of made sense to co-develop and produce the PakFA with them.

the F-35 is a baby compared to the size and power of the PakFA

if the US and Russia was on better terms it would of made sense to co-develop and produce the PakFA with them.

The difference between the F-35 and the PAK-FA is the same difference between the F-16 and F-15C. One is an air-superiority fighter, with some ground attack - since they all have that, the other is a mutli-mission platform with an emphasis on ground attack in contested environments. The F-35 program would still be around since the PAK-FA can't do its job effectively. The PAK-FA would push the F-22, not the F-35.

Three variants of the F-35 will replace the A-10 and F-16 for the U.S. Air Force, the F/A-18 for the U.S. Navy, the F/A-18 and AV-8B Harrier for the U.S. Marine Corps, and a variety of fighters for at least ten other countries.

About | F-35 Lightning II

It's replacing attack platforms, the PAK-FA wouldn't be a factor.

Last edited:
5 billion more investment is needed. will Russia let India have more access to the project??

India might regret not getting the F-35 by 2020

About: Fast Facts: Cost | F-35 Lightning II

An F-35A purchased in 2018 and delivered in 2020 will be $85 million, which is the equivalent of $75 million in today’s dollars.

India indigenous supercarriers with EMALS and F-35A would be a deadly combo.

If you sell us F-22s we will be best friends forever. We can walk to the future as best friends

images

!!!!!!!!! That's 2 and half Antilla towers!!!!!!

800px-Antilia.JPG

What I would do with 1 or even half of 1...

:lol:

Seriously, are you joking?

:lol:

Seriously, are you joking?

about what part or the whole thing :rofl:

Russia isn't the enemy. working together with Russia in the aeronautical sector and even a missile defense system would show that they aren't the target of those systems.

about what part or the whole thing :rofl:

Russia isn't the enemy. working together with Russia in the aeronautical sector and even a missile defense system would show that they aren't the target of those systems.

Then US shan't meddle in Ukraine affair. Talking about Russia is not enemy but stabbing them in BG do not bend wells. There is always a limit of what you can do. Trying to deprived of Russia of Crimea without severing the ties is a wishful thinking.

This really pushed Russia towards China and Russia opinion of US completely change.

Then US shan't meddle in Ukraine affair. Talking about Russia is not enemy but stabbing them in BG do not bend wells. There is always a limit of what you can do. Trying to deprived of Russia of Crimea without severing the ties is a wishful thinking.

This really pushed Russia towards China and Russia opinion of US completely change.

ehh we got the wrong people in government. the sheeple voted for Obama just because of his skin color and his "yes we can" slogan. most of us can tell Russian isn't a threat.

the Ukraine and Crimea is another story, but to say I think it was grimy the way it went down. who is right sector?? why did this happen during the Winter Olympics?? is that pure coincidence, I think not :D

Back
Top Bottom