What's new

Faysal Bank Super 8 T20 Cup 2011

congrats Rawalpindi Rams

There was hardly any major player playing for this team and yet they managed to win the biggest T-20 tournament of Pakistan.

This tells how much talent we have in the country and yet we are not utilizing it properly

I am highly impressed with Awais Zia of Rawalpindi and Ramiz Raja of Karachi Dolphins so I wish them best of luck and hope they are selected for major teams as well

Asad Shafiq also played well in the semi finals and final and hope he continues his form in the International level as well

congrats Rawalpindi Rams

There was hardly any major player playing for this team and yet they managed to win the biggest T-20 tournament of Pakistan.

This tells how much talent we have in the country and yet we are not utilizing it properly

I am highly impressed with Awais Zia of Rawalpindi and Ramiz Raja of Karachi Dolphins so I wish them best of luck and hope they are selected for major teams as well

Asad Shafiq also played well in the semi finals and final and hope he continues his form in the International level as well

sohail tanvir, and sami were the most senior players, both teams were very brand new teams

but owais and rameez good find 4 future

sohail khan and the spinner who bowled last over are also good players to be considered for national tm

Pathetic captaincy by M Sami.
He did very good captaincy and even the commentators were praising him a lot

Its just bad luck and in reality two good sides played and the game was drawn

sohail tanvir, and sami were the most senior players, both teams were very brand new teams

but owais and rameez good find 4 future

sohail khan and the spinner who bowled last over are also good players to be considered for national tm
well at least 8 players out of 11 from Karachi Dolphins have played at International level comparing to 3 from Rawalpindi Rams.

Karachi Dolphins

1) Asad Shafiq (International)
2) Shahzaib Hasan (International)
3) Khalid Latif (International)
4) Fawad Alam (International)
5) Sarfraz Ahmed (International)
6) Mohammad Sami (International)
7) Tanvir Ahmed (International)
8) Sohail Khan (International)

==============================

Rawalpindi Rams

1) Umar Amin (International)
2) Hammad Azam (International)
3) Sohail Tanvir (International)

None of the players from Rawalpindi are in our current team with the exception of Hammad Azam travelling around with the team nowadays but only played 5 International matches so far.

Look at Karachi and they have couple of players who are keep getting in and out from the International side.

He did very good captaincy and even the commentators were praising him a lot

Its just bad luck and in reality two good sides played and the game was drawn

I think last over should have been bowled by a fast bowler instead of a spinner from Karachi. Anyways congratz Rawalpindi Rams.

I think last over should have been bowled by a fast bowler instead of a spinner from Karachi. Anyways congratz Rawalpindi Rams.

lol i suppose you mean the over before Super over... well he chose spinner and that brought Karachi back in the game. The match was drawn and from one stage it was almost out of Karachi's reach

well at least 8 players out of 11 from Karachi Dolphins have played at International level comparing to 3 from Rawalpindi Rams.

Karachi Dolphins

1) Asad Shafiq (International)
2) Shahzaib Hasan (International)
3) Khalid Latif (International)
4) Fawad Alam (International)
5) Sarfraz Ahmed (International)
6) Mohammad Sami (International)
7) Tanvir Ahmed (International)
8) Sohail Khan (International)

==============================

Rawalpindi Rams

1) Umar Amin (International)
2) Hammad Azam (International)
3) Sohail Tanvir (International)

None of the players from Rawalpindi are in our current team with the exception of Hammad Azam travelling around with the team nowadays but only played 5 International matches so far.

Look at Karachi and they have couple of players who are keep getting in and out from the International side.

well players like khalid latif, sohail khanIi dunno if he is international), sarfaraz ahmed and shahzaib hasan only played one, two games, while hammad azam is in national squad and suhail tanveer has played t20 worldcups and ipls and loads of one days and tests, he is uite an experienced bowler, international i agree, but their experience is equal to none in inter

and i think umer amin had recently played a test in westindies, pardon me if im wrong

well players like khalid latif, sohail khanIi dunno if he is international), sarfaraz ahmed and shahzaib hasan only played one, two games, while hammad azam is in national squad and suhail tanveer has played t20 worldcups and ipls and loads of one days and tests, he is uite an experienced bowler, international i agree, but their experience is equal to none in inter

and i think umer amin had recently played a test in westindies, pardon me if im wrong

Small piece of comparison sheet i created for you (I hope i wrote everything correctly)

1sxnvq.jpg

The point is we have huge talent still being wasted. We have those big strikers and cool players to keep the run rate ticking and occupy crease at the same time. We are having too many collapses in International team and these players are worth a try

The most tight and exciting cricket match I've ever seen. The last over before the Super Over was amazing. But as usual even with the game in their hands Dolphins blew it as usual. They've been in so many finals but have never won.

The most tight and exciting cricket match I've ever seen. The last over before the Super Over was amazing. But as usual even with the game in their hands Dolphins blew it as usual. They've been in so many finals but have never won.

They are South Africa of domestic cricket in Pakistan

Chokers (if you don't mind me saying this)

The Dolphins have yet to win a championship, however they have been runners-up on 7 occasions during the 2004/05, 2006/07,2007/08, 2009-10 , 2010/11 and 2011 seasons

i will now kill all these dolphins, they made me sad :angry:

they make me sad every time with every damn team :confused:

Great to see Umer Amin hitting everything cleanly out of the park and oh boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rameez Raja (2) was sensational.

Back
Top Bottom