What's new

Fallen jawan’s wife turns lieutenant

True!
I am glad that women are coming forward.
This is not the first time though.
I know a lady officer in corps of Signals who joined army after her brother and father sacrificed their lives for the country.

Did you watch this year's Most Amazing Indians award ceremony by times now ?

Indian army has lived up to its expectations to look after families of its brave soldiers .

It must have been very difficult for Commanding officer to broach this subject with family of this lady .

The very fact that he followed up and did not give up despite familiy's initial refusal shows about his concern , care and dedication to the cause ...

The Commanding Officer has a responsibility towards the family of a soldier who dies while on duty.

How many really will go at that length ?

In fighting units - all & this is followed by the Regimental Centers.

A War widow has only to send a letter to the President of the AWWA - Army Wives welfare association who is the Chiefs wife that her interests are not being looked after and the system shakes.

Subhasini vasanth

Watch from 1:18:30 onwards for story of Subhashini Vasanth

How many really will go at that length ?
Thanks for the link :-)
She looks like and sounds like a very courageous woman.

In fighting units - all & this is followed by the Regimental Centers.

A War widow has only to send a letter to the President of the AWWA - Army Wives welfare association who is the Chiefs wife that her interests are not being looked after and the system shakes.

AWWA helps and encourages alot of women (soldiers wives) and trains them in many vocations.
But I didnt know AWWA had such powers too.

Thanks for the link :-)
She looks like and sounds like a very courageous woman.

AWWA helps and encourages alot of women (soldiers wives) and trains them in many vocations.

If you have time and appetite .Watch the part related to Arunima Sinha from 44: 30 onwards of same video ...
It's equally awespiring and soul lifting ....

Makes me remember all those 'men ' who say women are physically inferior than men ....

But more than that makes me think what should I do and can do with my life ....

Its not to do with powers, its a sense of comradeship that exists in fighting units. Officers & men stay together for 15-18 years through thick & thin.

Widows are visited regularly by the units nearest to them, the record offices have a responsibility to ensure they get their dues & get them fast.

Units never lose touch with widows of fallen soldiers

Also , when the Chiefs wife wants to know.. the answers better be good & correct.

Back
Top Bottom