What's new

Fake bomb detectors in Pakistan

RescueRanger

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Warning:

The following devices are rated "dangerous" and "illegal" by the US Navy Counter Terrorism Technology Task Force and US Sandia Labs.

Sniffex explosive detector test & reviewAnaheim, California, 26-27 April 2006

GT200 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quadro Tracker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sniffex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An-Airport-Security-Force-officer-with-explosive-detector-ADE-651-patrols-Benazir-Bhutto-International-Airport-in-Islamabad-300x160.jpg

ASF Jawan using rubbish ADE 651 in Isb.

Lives at airport threatened by bogus bomb detectors | Latest news, Breaking news, Pakistan News, World news, business, sport and multimedia | DAWN.COM

Please, forward these links to anyone you know and stop the sale of these life threatening equipment in Airports and High Risk sites across Pakistan.

Many thanks...

Last edited by a moderator:
Saddens me to say that one of the defective chinese vehicular detectors was supplied by somebody I know..
and that somebody made millions off it.. through the use of contacts with both civilian and military establishments...all in very senior posts.
And now those pieces of junk lie unserviceable somewhere in a lot in islamabad.

I think it's more because of the economic situation of our country rather than corruption I am sure ppl know about good and bad equipment but that don't matter cuz right now we can only afford to buy junk but the element of corruption is there also as the poster said

Warning:

The following devices are rated "dangerous" and "illegal" by the US Navy Counter Terrorism Technology Task Force and US Sandia Labs.

Sniffex explosive detector test & reviewAnaheim, California, 26-27 April 2006

GT200 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quadro Tracker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sniffex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An-Airport-Security-Force-officer-with-explosive-detector-ADE-651-patrols-Benazir-Bhutto-International-Airport-in-Islamabad-300x160.jpg

ASF Jawan using rubbish ADE 651 in Isb.

Lives at airport threatened by bogus bomb detectors | Latest news, Breaking news, Pakistan News, World news, business, sport and multimedia | DAWN.COM

Please, forward these links to anyone you know and stop the sale of these life threatening equipment in Airports and High Risk sites across Pakistan.

Many thanks...

Not my area of expertise; but what i gathered from BDS guys training us, was that a well trained Labrador works better than most gizmos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not my area of expertise; but what i gathered from BDS guys training us, was that a well trained Labrador works better than most gizmos.

Very very true a Explosive Detection Dog is one of the best assets in a Counter Terrorism security force.

Very very true a Explosive Detection Dog is one of the best assets in a Counter Terrorism security force.

Thank you Sir, for bearing out my premise. Am pretty sure that you are equipped both by knowledge and experience to do so.
This information was exposed during a very serious discussion between various agencies involved in security of mass-transit facilities; viz. airports, railway stations, sea-ports etc. The move to consider gadgets was discarded and the "sniffer K9 squad" augmented. Justifiably, IMO.

Too sad we buy/make toys for security. If we know it is fake, why dont save the money?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom